Windows 10: Disabling fast boot

Discus and support Disabling fast boot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How can I disable fast boot for all users on my PC in one go? I have observed that when I disable fast boot through the normal way only the account I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RockyXvII, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Disabling fast boot

How can I disable fast boot for all users on my PC in one go? I have observed that when I disable fast boot through the normal way only the account I disable it on will have it disabled while all the other users will still get the fast boot and hibernation file when they shutdown. I want to disable fast boot for everyone because it's causing problems with the geforce driver and in-game overlay.

submitted by /u/RockyXvII
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RockyXvII, Dec 24, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Dec 24, 2020
  3. Stuck on BIOS Boot - Disabled Windows Fast Boot

I have this problem too but my pc was stuck on msi logo EFI Bios fast boot enable no graphics glitch on my pc.

disable windows fast boot I have a 128gb sdd i'am thinking with ssd you don't need windows fast when you have fast boot in bios.

ps computer works when fast boot in efi bios is disable.

OglevaMowell, Dec 24, 2020
  4. Disabling fast boot

Fast Startup Preventing my PC from booting

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties that you are facing in booting the PC after disabling Fast Startup.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC/motherboard?

In this scenario, we would suggest you to boot the PC to desktop and follow the suggestion as mentioned in this article to disable hibernation:

How to disable and re-enable hibernation on a computer that is running Windows

Once disabled, try connecting the keyboard and mouse to the motherboard USB ports and check.

Also, we would suggest you to update the Chipset driver from PC manufacturer website for

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

Disabling fast boot

1. Disabling fast boot - Similar Threads - Disabling fast boot

2. Fast boot option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fast boot option: How do I turn on quick boot in my bios? I tried the following already and the option to enable fast boot never appeared. I pressed F2 during startup, the bois opened then I went to the advanced menu then tried to get into boot and there was no option to click on boot and...
  3. UEFI disabled in setup and cannot find disabling fast boot for starting from recovery...

UEFI disabled in setup and cannot find disabling fast boot for starting from recovery...: Dear community, due to the recent bug with chkdsk /f and trying to run recovery, my Lenovo Yoga C940 is in a state where it always loads to this stage: However, after selecting the USB, the computer still shows the error message shown above. So for some reason, I cannot...
  4. Windows 10 slow booting with fast boot disabled (3 minnutes)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 slow booting with fast boot disabled (3 minnutes): I am a doctor. I have bought a new laptop Lenovo flex 5 14 inch AMD ryzen5 4500u. It came preloaded with windows 10 My laptop thanks to NVMe SSD boots really fast and takes around 10 seconds with fastboot enabled. The issue is that with fastboot disabled it takes around 3...
  5. Windows 10 slow booting with fast boot disabled (3 minnutes)

Windows 10 slow booting with fast boot disabled (3 minnutes): I am a doctor. I have brought a new laptop Lenovo flex 5 14inch with AMD Ryzen 4500u processor, it came preloaded with Windows 10 2004 version (fully updated to latest 19041.58). This laptop has NVMe SSD and gives me a really good boot speed of just around 10 seconds with...
  6. fast boot

fast boot: hi I am unable to fast boot my system. I have win 10, 8 gb graphic, ssid still it takes 5 min to boot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-boot/fe58e21a-8d67-4f71-a956-c56d37860ac2
  7. Error disabling Fast boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Error disabling Fast boot: I have a Win10.If you want any spec ask me.I would like to get to bios,But i am unable to get rid of fast boot.I have tried all solution they said like disable.But even after disabling It just fast boot every time .Please help*Sad*Sad 52169
  8. Boot not that fast

Boot not that fast: Hello I have a new configuration (z170 chipset, i3-6320, fast SSD) for my desktop and it boots slower than my laptop (Acer V3-574G (i7-5500) with the same SSD as my desktop). I don't think the i3-6320 vs i7-5500 can explain such difference. First thing is that Hibernation...
  9. Do I still have to disable fast boot and secureboot?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I still have to disable fast boot and secureboot?: Hallo Just moved from eightforums to tenforums. I will install Windows 10 from a DVD, not USB. Do I still have to disable fast boot and secureboot? If yes, I cannot find disabling secureboot in the Bios of my mainboard Asus Maximus VIII Ranger (from the handbook text; I am...
  10. Enable or Disable Fast Boot in UEFI Firmware Settings for Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Fast Boot in UEFI Firmware Settings for Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Fast Boot in UEFI Firmware Settings for Windows How to Enable or Disable Fast Boot in UEFI Firmware Settings for Windows [img] Information The Fast Boot feature for UEFI motherboards has a Fast and Ultra Fast option that allows your PC to...