Windows 10: Disabling Full Screen Optimisation on Windows 10 20H2

Discus and support Disabling Full Screen Optimisation on Windows 10 20H2 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Anyone figure out a way to disable Full screen optimisations in the new Windows version 20H2. The old registry files used to work on version 2004 but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/waitingforthend, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Disabling Full Screen Optimisation on Windows 10 20H2

Anyone figure out a way to disable Full screen optimisations in the new Windows version 20H2. The old registry files used to work on version 2004 but don't on version 20H2. (This can be confirmed by using volume up or down while in a game, if you see the volume overlay windows full screen optimisation isn't off. just checking the option under the compability tab of the exe file doesn't work either. )

submitted by /u/waitingforthend
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/waitingforthend, Dec 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

Hi Edward,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if lock screen feature is enabled on the computer.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• What is the edition of Windows 10 installed on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable the lock screen and check if it helps.

How to disable Lock screen on Windows 10 group policy:

If wanted to turn off lock screen pictures, then I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off lock screen pictures through group policy editor.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "gpedit.msc" without the quotes in the run box and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Then follow the path below:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization

4. Now on the right side, Double click that
    Do not display the lock screen
    option.

5. Set the option as Enabled.

6. Click on Apply and then click on
    Ok.

7. Close Group policy editor and restart your computer.

Note: The above steps is applicable to Windows 10 pro version.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with disabling lock screen on the computer, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 13, 2020
  4. nsmth Win User

Disabling Full Screen Optimisation on Windows 10 20H2

Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

That worked!

Thank you very much!

cs

my version does not allow gpedit.msc- please provide instructions on how to skip the lock screen and go to login for the rest of us. this is a very annoying step

nsmth, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

Disabling Full Screen Optimisation on Windows 10 20H2

1. Disabling Full Screen Optimisation on Windows 10 20H2 - Similar Threads - Disabling Full Screen

2. Cant disable full screen optimizations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant disable full screen optimizations: Hey. So, ive saw on a lot of videos disabling full screen optimizations can give more performance in certain games. It used to work for me going to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore in regedit and setting "GameDVR_FSEBehaviorMode" to 2. Now, for some reason, even after...
  3. Cant disable full screen optimizations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant disable full screen optimizations: Hey. So, ive saw on a lot of videos disabling full screen optimizations can give more performance in certain games. It used to work for me going to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore in regedit and setting "GameDVR_FSEBehaviorMode" to 2. Now, for some reason, even after...
  4. windows optimisation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows optimisation: something just pops and closes when i start the pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-optimisation/5b6a5ae7-b682-4e5e-9b38-cc691d8a0d68
  5. Disable the Windows Defender on Windows 10 20H2

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable the Windows Defender on Windows 10 20H2: Hi How do I completely disable the Windows Defender Firewall/Antivirus on every edition of Windows 10 20H2? Thanks Bye 170058
  6. Disable Windows full screen mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Windows full screen mode: How can I get an app out of full screen mode, and prevent it from entering full screen mode in the future. I do not want any software on the PC to be able to enter full screen mode...
  7. DISABLE FULL SCREEN OPTIMIZATION GLOBALLY!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISABLE FULL SCREEN OPTIMIZATION GLOBALLY!: This is a very sore subject for me and I am sick and tired of these copy/paste answers from people who don't even know what they're talking about. There is no "if's and's or but's" about it. "Windows Fullscreen Optimizations" is terrible broken feature that nobody wants....
  8. How to enable or disable Full-screen optimizations on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Full-screen optimizations on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Full-Screen Optimizations is a feature on Windows 10 devices that help them function better. It is enabled by default for applications like video players and games. When this feature is enabled, the gaming or video playback experience is enhanced by [...] This post...
  9. Windows "optimisers"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows "optimisers": Are any of them any good? Ashampoo WinOptimizer for instance? 96798
  10. Optimising to full potential

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Optimising to full potential: Hi everyone! I am looking for some advice to optimize my PC to its full potential. Any tips on software and hardware tweaks are welcome. My specs are listed in the bottom-left tab of this post. I also want to know if there is any limitation of performance if I have a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable fullscreen optimizations globally