Windows 10: Disabling "Google Assistant" on my PC

Discus and support Disabling "Google Assistant" on my PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 Version 1903 (OS Build 18362. 720) I have "Google Assistant" on my computer. Because it pops up in a window on the top right hand corner of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VillageIdiot, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Disabling "Google Assistant" on my PC

Windows 10
    Version 1903 (OS Build 18362. 720)

I have "Google Assistant" on my computer. Because it pops up in a window on the top right hand corner of my screen constantly offering assistance when I don't want it, I want it GONE!

I've searched for ways to delete it or disable it and all I've found are articles and videos telling me how to disable it on my Android phone. No help whatsoever.

Any help getting rid of it would be much appreciated.

Thank you
    Village Idiot

:)

VillageIdiot, Mar 21, 2020

2. How to disable the Update Assistant

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. You can disable the Update Assistant but we suggest to free up spaces on your computer so when the time comes you can update your Windows. It is essential to get the Update since it will give you more features and protection
    for your Windows. You can follow the steps below on how to disable Update Assistant:

• On Search bar, type in Task Scheduler then click on it to open.
    • In the left pane, navigate to Task Scheduler Library>
      Microsoft > Windows > UpdateOrchestrator.
    • Look at the right pane and click on Update Assistant.
    • Look for Triggers tab (usually at the bottom), then click on each triggers and choose
      Disable at the right side.
    • If you see Update Assistant CalendarRun under Update Assistant, you can do the same thing to it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Lemuel Cie, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    google services

Hello,

The best that we could suggest that you can try is to check if you are using a proxy to connect to the internet. If so, try to disable the proxy connection and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the "Gear" icon at the top right corner in Internet Explorer.
    • Click the "Tools" button, and then click "Internet Options".
    • Click the "Connections" tab, and then click "LAN settings".
    • Uncheck the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" box.
    • Click "OK".
    If the issue persist, please do reach out to Google support for more troubleshooting steps, and also so they can check and assess your account .

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Isi, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Disabling "Google Assistant" on my PC

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Disabling "Google Assistant" on my PC

1. Disabling "Google Assistant" on my PC - Similar Threads - Disabling Google Assistant

2. is there a google assistant for MS windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a google assistant for MS windows: is there a google assistant for MS windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-google-assistant-for-ms-windows/33cabfa0-af1d-44af-8b79-7a0e0a41b118
  3. is there a google assistant for MS windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there a google assistant for MS windows: is there a google assistant for MS windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-google-assistant-for-ms-windows/33cabfa0-af1d-44af-8b79-7a0e0a41b118
  4. Google Assistant for Windows 10?

in Cortana
    Google Assistant for Windows 10?: I wanted to ask why is there no official version of Google Assistant for Windows 10? The Cortana does not respoond well and also uses Bing which is not at all convinient. Is there any reason for it or just because there is Cortana on windows 10?...
  5. Google assistant For windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google assistant For windows 10: Since Cortana got destroyed by microsoft, is there a way to use google assistant in windows 10? submitted by /u/BakaDolev [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/klldfw/google_assistant_for_windows_10/
  6. How to set up Google Assistant on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 News
    How to set up Google Assistant on Windows 10 PC: [ATTACH]Just like Microsoft Cortana and Amazon’s Alexa, you can also use Google Assistant for PC. However, there is no simple way to start accessing Google […] This article How to set up Google Assistant on Windows 10 PC first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Cannot Disable Remote Assistance

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Disable Remote Assistance: This has me baffled and at my wits end, tried just about everything but no success, basically in the Remote Assistance box is agreyed out check box that I cannot uncheck. Secondly if I press the advanced button then in the Remote Control box the Allow this computer to be...
  8. Google Assistant

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Assistant: I need to access Google Assistant. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-assistant/c0a00413-39bf-4f17-b4a9-72691d3c3d66"
  9. Google enabled Assistant in Nest Security...

in Windows 10 News
    Google enabled Assistant in Nest Security...: In early February, Google announced that its home security and alarm system Nest Secure would be getting an update. Users, the company said, could now enable its virtual-assistant technology, Google Assistant. The problem: Nest users didn't know a microphone existed on...
  10. Permanently disable Focus Assist?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Permanently disable Focus Assist?: I've noticed the Focus Assist feature for a couple of weeks now and I've always wondered why it keeps enabling itself. It makes me miss potentially important notifications. It looks like Focus Assist enables itself whenever my Thunderbolt 3 docking station with two external...