Windows 10: disabling IE autorun at starting the pc

Discus and support disabling IE autorun at starting the pc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I’ve been experiencing the issue for a while. When I boot my PC, IE 11 auto start is loading several tabs at once. It is Windows 10, version 1909. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by atifilyas, Feb 19, 2020.

1. atifilyas Win User

disabling IE autorun at starting the pc

I’ve been experiencing the issue for a while. When I boot my PC, IE 11 auto start is loading several tabs at once. It is Windows 10, version 1909. I didn’t find it both in Startup folder msconfig and in the browser settings.. IE is not my browser by default

:)

atifilyas, Feb 19, 2020

2. Windows 10 Autorun?

Hello,

As you are asking whether the security of disabling Autorun/Autoplay option from system settings is the same as disabling from the registry and will take affect in the same way. There is no need to worry about virus threats which usually attack from autorun/autoplay.
    If you want to disable autorun/autoplay from registry, follow the steps provided below:

• Type regedit in the search box and press Enter.
    • Navigate to the following location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    • In the right pane of the window create a new DWORD value "NoDriveTypeAutorun".
    • Set the value based on the following requirements:
      • FF – To disable AutoRun on all drives
      • 20 – To disable AutoRun on CD-ROM drives
      • 4 – To disable AutoRun on removable drives
      • 8 – To disable AutoRun on fixed drives
      • 10 – To disable AutoRun on network drives
      • 40 – To disable AutoRun on RAM disks
      • 1 – To disable AutoRun on unknown drives
    • If you want to disable AutoRun on a certain combination of drives, you’ll have to combine their values. For example, if you want to disable AutoRun on CD-ROM and removable drives, set the value of DWORD to 28.
    • If you want to return AutoRun functionality, just delete the NoDriveTypeAutorun DWORD value.

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore,
    make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following
    article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 19, 2020
  3. trish1960 Win User
    autorun disabled

When I turn on my PC I get a semi page that reads setup autorun disabled. How do I fix this?

trish1960, Feb 19, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

How can I remove this virus remnant?

I was also going to suggest Autoruns.

Check to make sure it isn't attaching itself to explorer. It should be the 3rd thing listed in Autoruns, the listing for the Shell. It should just be Explorer.exe. If it is anything else, that might be your problem.

newtekie1, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

1. disabling IE autorun at starting the pc - Similar Threads - disabling autorun starting

2. AUTORUN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AUTORUN: HiWhat is this for found in my downloaded areaThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autorun/3e7ac7b4-73d9-4033-abfe-b20cef58bae4
  3. Unable to start a DCOM server - AUTORUNS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to start a DCOM server - AUTORUNS: Getting event log error 'unable to start a DCOM server' on startup. Using latest version of AUTORUNS to track down the issue. AUTORUNS defaults shows many items on startup by groups. In what group would I look at to find what would be causing 'unable to start a DCOM...
  4. Accidentally disabled mouse and keyboard with autoruns...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidentally disabled mouse and keyboard with autoruns...: So I am in a funk. Everything that can go wrong is going wrong and I feel like I have tried what I could and need some specific help. It started with my pc randomly deciding to freeze and restart after my girlfriend installed Epic Games' online service. Whether or not this...
  5. my AutoRuns snips on PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my AutoRuns snips on PC: Just purchased an Asus ROG GL10DH, Ryzen AMD 7 3700X, 8 core,3593 MHz, 8GB Ram, GTX 1650 Video card, 1TB SSD. Getting what I think is long boot times- 17.6Bios. Below see my AutoRuns snips: [IMG][IMG]...
  6. Should we disable Autorun? Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Should we disable Autorun? Windows 10: I've just been ploughing through lots of technical articles. They're all written by acknowledged industry experts e.g. Bleepin' Gumshoe, the Global Moderator of Bleeping Computer but there's one area where there appears to be conflict: Autorun. Some say we should disable...
  7. How to disable Autorun?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to disable Autorun?: I’ve installed 3d party app that I start when needed. But it contains .exe file that starts by itself when I boot the PC and surf the internet for updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-autorun/7535d880-55de-47c4-83cc-5d3743d745da"
  8. autorun disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    autorun disabled: When I turn on my PC I get a semi page that reads setup autorun disabled. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autorun-disabled/5b165614-7dd9-4c00-9cec-1e4de0cd9d80
  9. Disabled IE but why?

in Browsers and Email
    Disabled IE but why?: Do I keep getting temporary files? Thanks 72058
  10. Disabling Autoplay/Autorun

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disabling Autoplay/Autorun: I am doing myself a system security audit and I would like to clear some confusion on the differences between the Autoplay settings in the Windows 10 Control Panel and the settings that are on the Group Policy Editor. If I Disable Autoplay within the actual Windows 10...