Windows 10: Disabling integrated graphics on windows 10

Discus and support Disabling integrated graphics on windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Everytime i go to my task manager while playing Fortnite or basically any game, my pc always seems to be using the intel integrated graphics. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BenTu1, Mar 3, 2021.

1. BenTu1 Win User

Disabling integrated graphics on windows 10

Everytime i go to my task manager while playing Fortnite or basically any game, my pc always seems to be using the intel integrated graphics. I contacted microsoft about this before, but everytime i turn it off, my external monitor goes black. I want to be able to use only my nvidia graphics card, so i just wanted to know if there is any way to turn off the integrated graphics without disrupting the signal to my external monitor?

:)

BenTu1, Mar 3, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 3, 2021
  3. perkinw Win User
    What will happen if I disable my only display adapter

An engineer at Adobe is helping me diagnose a problem with Photoshop. He suggested that I disable my AMD card from device manager and run Photoshop on the integrated graphics to see if the issue persists.

When I check Device Manager, I see only one display adapter listed:

Disabling integrated graphics on windows 10 [​IMG]

Shouldn't the integrated graphics also be listed? If AMD is my only display adapter, I am reluctant to disable it.

Windows version 1903 (OS Build 18362.592)

perkinw, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Office disables Windows animations

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This can happen when Windows tries to choose performance over display/graphic effects. I would request you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Disable hardware acceleration in Office

1. Start any Office program.
    1. On the File tab, click Options.
    2. In the Options dialog box, click Advanced.
    3. In the list of available options, click to select the Disable hardware graphics acceleration check box.

Method 2: Update the graphic drivers: Please follow the steps mentioned in the article:

Update drivers in Windows 10
    to update the graphic drivers.

Hope this helps.

Naresh_K, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Disabling integrated graphics on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Disabling integrated graphics

2. I disabled my integrated graphics card. IntelR.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I disabled my integrated graphics card. IntelR.: I have an OptiPlex 3040, and when trying to figure out why my Nvidia GPU wasn't processing anything, I ended up turning off the IntelR GPU, causing my screen to go black.I then attempted to access the bios to factory reset in hopes to have that automatically enable the...
  3. I disabled my integrated graphics card. IntelR.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I disabled my integrated graphics card. IntelR.: I have an OptiPlex 3040, and when trying to figure out why my Nvidia GPU wasn't processing anything, I ended up turning off the IntelR GPU, causing my screen to go black.I then attempted to access the bios to factory reset in hopes to have that automatically enable the...
  4. I disabled my integrated graphics card. IntelR.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Will it brick my laptop if I disable integrated graphics in device manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will it brick my laptop if I disable integrated graphics in device manager?: My laptop has a Nvidia gpu and I want to test the difference in battery usage between using the intel GPU and nvidia. I cannot be bothered to change every app on my laptop to run on my dedicated card and the intel will still be used in the background. Is this possible??...
  6. Disabling Integrated graphics changes my monitor refresh rate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Integrated graphics changes my monitor refresh rate: I have a Tracer iii hdr 600. The integrated graphics are constantly slowing things down but when I disable them in the device manager, my laptop changes what it recognizes my monitor at from 144hz to 64hz. I can't tell if there's something wrong with the GPU driver or the...
  7. Windows not using integrated graphics

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not using integrated graphics: My laptop has suddenly stopped using integrated graphics. I have the latest intel drivers and windows updates etc. Every post I search online is about how to use the dedicated gpu instead of integrated which is unhelpful because I want the opposite. I want to run the desktop...
  8. I disabled my integrated graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I disabled my integrated graphics card: I have 2 graphics cards, Intel HD 630 and a RTX 2080 super. I couldnt get nvidia control panel to open so I kept trying things to try and fix it and I had disabled my Intel hd 60 Integrated graphics card through device manager. My screen then went black and now Ive tried...
  9. Disabling onboard integrated graphics causes entire computer to perform poorly.

Disabling onboard integrated graphics causes entire computer to perform poorly.: I'm trying to get Oculus Link working on my computer and so far the only way I've gotten it working is disabling the integrated graphics on my laptop. I have an AMD integrated gpu and an RTX 2060. But whenever I disable the AMD gpu the entire comuter lags, and any game that...
  10. Integrated graphics and dedicated graphics working together?

Integrated graphics and dedicated graphics working together?: Hi, hello, stupid question I know but I was wondering whether it is possible to make your integrated CPU graphics and GPU dedicated graphics to work together and maybe get extra performance? Is it possible or is it just stupid? submitted by /u/FatalYT [link] [comments]...