Windows 10: Disabling keyboard language hotkey combinations.

Discus and support Disabling keyboard language hotkey combinations. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I'm running Windows 10 on a Huawei MateBook Pro. I sometimes accidentally hit CTL-SHIFT together and toggle my keyboard into French mode.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JasonW 416, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Disabling keyboard language hotkey combinations.

Hello,

I'm running Windows 10 on a Huawei MateBook Pro.

I sometimes accidentally hit CTL-SHIFT together and toggle my keyboard into French mode.

I'd like to know how to disable this feature/change it to something else I don't hit so often.

Thanks in advance for your help. There are lots of articles about this issue for other versions of the operating system but I'm having a hard time finding a solution that applies to my current version of Windows 10 (Ver 1809).

Thanks in advance,

Jason

:)

JasonW 416, Nov 7, 2018
  2. Henry_738 Win User

How to disable a hotkey combination

In answer to your question, it wasn't one of the in-built hotkeys. As I mentioned in my question, the Shift V combination become associated as some kind of hotkey combination, and my computer did strange things whenever I tried to type my last name, which
    starts with a V.

I tried your suggested solution. In Windows 10, if you click on the screen, "Graphics Options" is not one of the options that shows up.

I did find a solution: by using System Restore I was able to go back to a time before the problem began, and that took care of the problem.

Henry_738, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Unable to remove a Language for the keyboard or the hotkey

Hi,

Windows has the capability to use different language packages to fit the needs of the customer. Not being able to remove a language pack could be due to data files that got corrupted. To resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start to occur?
    • Were there any changes made or updates installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

Also, you can follow the steps below to disable the hotkey in switching in between different languages installed on your device:

• Click "Clock, Language, and Region" from the control panel.
    • Click "Language"
    • Click "Advanced settings" in the left column. ...
    • Under "Switching input methods", click "Change language bar hot keys"
    • Select "Between input languages" and click "Change Key Sequence"
    • Disable/change the keyboard shortcut as you'd like.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Henry_738 Win User

Disabling keyboard language hotkey combinations.

How to disable a hotkey combination

In Windows 10 my Shift v key combination has apparently been assigned as a hotkey that I did not intend. This is a problem because my last name begins with a v and I would like to capitalize that letter. Does anyone know how to delete this hotkey combination
    in Windows 10? I don't want to disable all hotkeys, just this one.

Henry_738, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Disabling keyboard language hotkey combinations.

1. Disabling keyboard language hotkey combinations. - Similar Threads - Disabling keyboard language

2. Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.: Basically, in every game I play the hotkeys for f1-f9 dont work because my keyboard has special hotkeys for them such as turning up brightness or lowering volume etc. i want to make it so that my computer prioritizes the game hotkeys instead of the keyboard hotkeysheres a...
  3. Touch keyboard hotkey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch keyboard hotkey: Hi! How can i open this touch keyboard by shortcut? not that osk keyboard.i know about win+ctrl+o but i need keyboard from 1st pic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard-hotkey/cb30e874-2bc8-418e-a471-727d8c7629ab
  4. Touch keyboard hotkey

Touch keyboard hotkey: Hi! How can i open this touch keyboard by shortcut? not that osk keyboard.i know about win+ctrl+o but i need keyboard from 1st pic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard-hotkey/cb30e874-2bc8-418e-a471-727d8c7629ab
  5. Hotkeys for changing the language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotkeys for changing the language: Is it possible to assign hotkeys to change the language, I want the "Russian and Ukrainian" language to change to the combination of keys ctrl + shift, and the "English" language to change to shift + alt ?...
  6. Hotkeys for changing the language

Hotkeys for changing the language: Is it possible to assign hotkeys to change the language, I want the "Russian and Ukrainian" language to change to the combination of keys ctrl + shift, and the "English" language to change to shift + alt ?...
  7. Disable selective hotkey combinations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable selective hotkey combinations: There are a huge number of Windows hotkey combinations. Some are incredibly useful. Many are totally useless. Some are actively user-hostile. The existence of many of these does not take into account users with certain disabilities such as myself who end up typing...
  8. How to Disable Language changing hotkey

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Disable Language changing hotkey: hello, idk if this problem is common but i didnt have this problem when i was using windows 10 home edition, i changed my windows to win10 pro and now when ever i play games, *competitive games mostly* i have this problem where it prompts me to change language CTRL + SHIFT +...
  9. disable / modify win hotkeys

in Windows 10 Support
    disable / modify win hotkeys: hello, i don't want to use to built-in windows key hotkeys such as win+D, win+S etc. how can i modify them or disable them altogether? 18090
  10. Language Hotkeys Don't Work

in Windows 10 Support
    Language Hotkeys Don't Work: I have a friend who is bilingual who is trying to get the Korean language working properly on their computer, and asked me for advice. Before I helped them on theirs, I decided to install it on my computer to make sure I knew how language packs work. I installed the language...