Windows 10: Disabling Keys via Registry

Discus and support Disabling Keys via Registry in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need to disable the Ctrl, Alt, Del, Esc, an function keys. These need to be registry edits, not through 3rd party software. Thanks in advance :)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Anatriax, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Anatriax Win User

Disabling Keys via Registry

I need to disable the Ctrl, Alt, Del, Esc, an function keys.

These need to be registry edits, not through 3rd party software.

Thanks in advance Disabling Keys via Registry :)

:)

Anatriax, Oct 3, 2019

2. Trying to disable the Insert key with a Registry edit

Hi Bill,

We appreciate the information that you provided. For us to narrow down your concern with
    disabling the Insert key with a Registry edit, have you tried creating a backup before editing the registry? If yes, we suggest that you restore it back; then, try it again with the correct entry. To do this, see this
    link, and follow the steps/instructions.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Darkfalz Win User
    Can NOT remove ATITool registry key!

It's low priority to stop ATITool from making undeletable class keys in the reigstry?

That's about one rung above spyware.

What bothers me most is that I'm pretty sure you can't protect a registry key by any simple means, something must still be running somewhat that is protecting that key. Even after I manually removed the service. That's what bothers me.

Darkfalz, Oct 3, 2019
  4. asyntax Win User

ATITool registry key

Hello,

During ATITool installation, the following registry key was added to my registry:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}"

After uninstalling the program, this key remained. I tried to delete it through the registry editor but it returned the following error:

"Cannot delete {85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}: Error while deleting key."

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit by the way. I also tried to change permissions for the key and deleting in safe mode, but neither of those worked either.

Any ideas on how i can remove this key? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

asyntax, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Disabling Keys via Registry - Similar Threads - Disabling Keys via

2. Permanently disable latest update search bar via registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently disable latest update search bar via registry: HelloLatest update to Windows 10 22H2 which is 5030300 bring back another failure which is a new search bar docked to the left of screen.The question is how to permanently disable it for current user and all users from registry?Thanks....
  3. How to disable notifications in Notifications and actions settings via registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable notifications in Notifications and actions settings via registry: We are trying to Disable side notifications, Specially the windows 11 Upgrade\update notifications. We are trying to prevent end user to see/edit/click any notification from the side bar. We are trying to do this using registry and not GPO because many of our clients doesn't...
  4. How to Disable Swiftkey via Registry?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Disable Swiftkey via Registry?: I was working on a mega reg file to set up my OS for me. I found out how to do almost everything via registry hacks. One of the exceptions is turning off Swiftkey. Does anyone know how to do this via registry? Also, I would prefer to disable, grey out the option, Swiftkey,...
  5. Disable USB device from suspending power Via the Registry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable USB device from suspending power Via the Registry: I have a USB device in my device manger called "USB Station" -- this appears to be a device / driver for my docking station. There is no Power Management option for this device in the device manager. How can I change the registry so that 'Allow the computer to turn off this...
  6. Registry keys registry keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry keys registry keys: Where can I customize the file type/extension icon? John 137822
  7. Set two keys via registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Set two keys via registry: Hello Please somebody help, in Windows 10 64-bit 1903 , in settings under Search then first tab is Permissions & history I want to check if any of these 2 items can be set via registry a) Radio button : to Off b) button: Windows cloud search to Off thanks in advance for any...
  8. Set three keys via registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Set three keys via registry: Hello Please somebody help, in Windows 10 64-bit 1903 , in settings under Search then first tab is Permissions & history I want to check if any of these 3 items can be set via registry a) Radio button : to Off b) button: Windows cloud search to Off c) button " My device...
  9. Registry key for file and print sharing disabling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Registry key for file and print sharing disabling: Hey can anybody help me find a script or a registry key that will uncheck it or disable the file and print sharing on windows 7. I been trying to find a way to do it but i cant find anything that works... 85160
  10. Disable "device search history" via registry/gpo

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable "device search history" via registry/gpo: In 10 v1511 there is a new entry in the start menu search called "device search history" that is enabled by default. I use Code: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search] "AllowCortana"=dword:00000000 "DisableWebSearch"=dword:00000001...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. registry keys for disabling forcepoint

2. disabling keys via registry