Windows 10: Disabling monitor auto detection on windows 10

Discus and support Disabling monitor auto detection on windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use 3 monitors right now. 2 of them are working great but the main one is having a problem. when I turn off my primary monitor (Dell s2716dg) the pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tomerdror, Dec 1, 2018.

1. tomerdror Win User

Disabling monitor auto detection on windows 10

I use 3 monitors right now. 2 of them are working great but the main one is having a problem.
    when I turn off my primary monitor (Dell s2716dg) the pc does not recognize the monitor and all my desktop is messed up.
    I found people are talking about disabling the monitor auto detection to solve this problem but I can not find how to disable it.

Hope you have answers for this problem even if it's not disabling the auto detection and it's another way of solving this problem.

:)

tomerdror, Dec 1, 2018

2. Disabling monitor auto detection in windows 10

Also I have the same problem with a clone setup of my Dell display and my TV.

I got the blackouts every few minutes cause Windows auto detect the TV again and again.

The key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TMM is not avilable unter Windows 10 in the latest version, so how to disable monitor auto detection in windows 10?

thank you

ciscospirit, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Disabling monitor auto detection in windows 10

Hi,

Please send feedback regarding disabling monitor auto-detection in Windows 10 using the Windows feedback
    app which is a built-in app. This feedback may go directly to Windows developers.

Thanks.

Rolando Vil, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Disabling monitor auto detection on windows 10

Disabling monitor auto detection in windows 10

yah but downgrading is no option in this!

so PLEASE Microsoft PLEASE enable this regedit fix for disabling monitor auto detection again!

ciscospirit, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Disabling monitor auto detection on windows 10

1. Disabling monitor auto detection on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Disabling monitor auto

2. Disable Monitor detection via USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Monitor detection via USB: Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 64-bit 10.0, Build 17763I have a Siemens touch screen connected to my PC. Display port for the image, USB-B for the touch function. But now Windows always recognizes two screens, which leads to problems. Deactivating the second...
  3. Disable Monitor detection via USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Monitor detection via USB: Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 64-bit 10.0, Build 17763I have a Siemens touch screen connected to my PC. Display port for the image, USB-B for the touch function. But now Windows always recognizes two screens, which leads to problems. Deactivating the second...
  4. Disable Monitor detection via USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. monitor not detected on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    monitor not detected on windows 10: I am trying to add monitors using the HP hub and they are not detected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-not-detected-on-windows-10/a25ce298-bbce-441e-95f3-d32f7e39485b
  6. Disabling monitor auto detection in windows 10

Disabling monitor auto detection in windows 10: So the previous thread for this was disabled, with the last update being in 2019... but it's STILL an issue in 2021?! There still doesn't seem to be a way to disable TMM?Whenever my PC goes to sleep, or locks, it moves EVERYTHING to one of the screens, in addition to that, my...
  7. Monitor auto detection of windows 10 causing trouble

Monitor auto detection of windows 10 causing trouble: Hi, still an unsolved problem with displays that are switched off to save energy and Windows rearranging the desktop... I want to disable this presence-detection-function for displays - how can this be done? And please do not recommend to update any drivers or such stuff...
  8. How to turn off monitor auto detection?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn off monitor auto detection?: As in, when turning a monitor off, the computer doesn't automatically notice that and change things. submitted by /u/lemonvan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jxlrff/how_to_turn_off_monitor_auto_detection/
  9. Disable Monitor Auto Detect

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable Monitor Auto Detect: Hello Microsoft. A few days ago, I bought a new desktop. The PC is from HP, the video card is a GeForce RTX 2060 and both monitors are Samsung CJG52. The main monitor is connected by the DisplayPort input and the second monitor is connected by the HDMI input. The problem is...
  10. Is it possible to prevent windows from auto detecting second monitor!?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is it possible to prevent windows from auto detecting second monitor!?: I was wondering if there is any way to prevent windows to automatically detect a second monitor attached. In my case it's a TV and whenever I turn my TV on the PC display goes out for a second and comes back setting itself to Dual or extended mode. I would love to prevent...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 disable auto detect monitor

2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TMM

3. windows 10 monitor auto detection

4. disabling monitor detection windows 10