Windows 10: Disabling Mouse drag snap but keeping Keyboard shortcuts snap

Discus and support Disabling Mouse drag snap but keeping Keyboard shortcuts snap in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have been trying to find a solution to this but have come up with nothing. I am having trouble with resizing windows with the mouse, where it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tugvow, Feb 6, 2020.

1. /u/tugvow Win User

Disabling Mouse drag snap but keeping Keyboard shortcuts snap

I have been trying to find a solution to this but have come up with nothing.

I am having trouble with resizing windows with the mouse, where it automatically either maximises or snaps to one side when it is not my intention.

I want to disable this, but the two options I have attempted (both settings->system->multitasking->snap and control panel->ease of access->mouse->prevent windows auto arrange) seem to stop the keyboard shortcuts (win+direction, win+shift+direction) as well, which I use quite frequently.

Is there anyway to stop the mouse dragging but keeping the keyboard shortcuts?

submitted by /u/tugvow
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tugvow, Feb 6, 2020
  2. kimih12 Win User

Snap windows (issue with keyboard shortcut)

I have the Windows 10, version 1903 with the latest update installed (October 24, 2019—KB4522355 (OS Build 18362.449), at the time of writing).

I have had this issue related to the 'Snap windows' feature for a while:

Under Settings > System > Multitasking, I have enabled the 'Snap windows' feature with all the options checked.

I often use the 'Windows_Key + Arrow_Key' keyboard shortcut to snap the active window; however, most of the time, I have to press this shortcut twice to snap the window. By dragging the window, I have no issue.
    This issue only happens when I use the keyboard shortcut.

The first time I press this shortcut, it does move the active window to the direction indicated by the
    Arrow_Key, but a small upper portion of the title bar of the active window is cut by the display's upper boundary, and it does not show the other windows that I can snap next to it.

The second time that I press the shortcut, it then properly snaps the active window (no more cutting title bar) and shows the other windows that I can snap next to it.

I do want to add the fact that I use a multi-display setup.

Here are the screenshots that better describes my situation:

• After pressing the keyboard shortcut for the first time:

Disabling Mouse drag snap but keeping Keyboard shortcuts snap [​IMG]

• After pressing the keyboard shortcut for the second time:

Disabling Mouse drag snap but keeping Keyboard shortcuts snap 8e626177-d850-4238-942d-9e4f5705abbd?upload=true.png

Please, any help would be appreciated.

kimih12, Feb 6, 2020
  3. gylemc Win User
    snap

I am running Windows 10 and dragging to snap a window doesn't work. The keyboard shortcuts work, but dragging doesn't. I have tried changing the settings and then changing back, but that didn't help. I do not want to reset my computer as one post I
    came across suggested. There must be a better and easier way to get this working. Also, the snap assist shows other open windows I can snap to the other side of the screen, but choosing the window I want doesn't work either. I have to use the window key
    to switch windows then I can use the keyboard shortcuts to snap that window.

gylemc, Feb 6, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Disable corner snapping keyboard shortcut in Windows 10

Try redefining your shortcut keys using Autohotkey (free). Something similar worked for another user- different function.

I'd suggest considering allocating Win key Up/Down to Autohotkey's WinMaximize, WinMinimize com,ands.

Its help is excellent, good user forum.

Example extracts from the help file provided:

dalchina, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Disabling Mouse drag snap but keeping Keyboard shortcuts snap - Similar Threads - Disabling Mouse drag

2. Snap your windows ''snap with a mouse''

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap your windows ''snap with a mouse'': Hello there, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/snap-your-windows-885a9b1e-a983-a3b1-16cd-c531795e6241#WindowsVersion=Windows_10Snap with a mouse feature in windows 10 is not working. Does anyone know how to fix it? -multitasking snap in in system settings are...
  3. Snap your windows ''snap with a mouse''

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snap your windows ''snap with a mouse'': Hello there, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/snap-your-windows-885a9b1e-a983-a3b1-16cd-c531795e6241#WindowsVersion=Windows_10Snap with a mouse feature in windows 10 is not working. Does anyone know how to fix it? -multitasking snap in in system settings are...
  4. Snap your windows ''snap with a mouse''

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Snap your windows - ''snap with a mouse''

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap your windows - ''snap with a mouse'': Hello there, I am trying to use the feature described here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/snap-your-windows-885a9b1e-a983-a3b1-16cd-c531795e6241#WindowsVersion=Windows_10 To be more precise I am trying to use ''snap with mouse'' on my windows 10 machine, but...
  6. Snap your windows - ''snap with a mouse''

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snap your windows - ''snap with a mouse'': Hello there, I am trying to use the feature described here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/snap-your-windows-885a9b1e-a983-a3b1-16cd-c531795e6241#WindowsVersion=Windows_10 To be more precise I am trying to use ''snap with mouse'' on my windows 10 machine, but...
  7. Disabling Snap

Disabling Snap: I would like to disable snap. Snap windows is turned off, but still after idle time even short, the operating system automatically drags all open windows to the top left corner of my screen and shrinks them. What should I do? Thanks, Efrat...
  8. Snap windows (issue with keyboard shortcut)

Snap windows (issue with keyboard shortcut): I have the Windows 10, version 1903 with the latest update installed (October 24, 2019—KB4522355 (OS Build 18362.449), at the time of writing). I have had this issue related to the 'Snap windows' feature for a while: Under Settings > System > Multitasking, I have enabled...
  9. Disabling snap

Disabling snap: In Windows 10, I have disabled snap, both from Display--> Multitasking, and checked from Ease of Access Center --> Make the mouse easier to use, have checked "Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen". Still, each window goes to...
  10. Disable corner snapping keyboard shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable corner snapping keyboard shortcut in Windows 10: Hi, This is a small thing they added in Windows 10, but it's really annoying me. I like to use Win + Down arrow to minimise windows, but if you've already hit Win + Left or Right, Aero snapping to the side, Win + Down will snap the window to the corner instead of minimising....