Windows 10: Disabling Mousepad

Discus and support Disabling Mousepad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have windows 10, laptop is an ASUS. How do I disable the mousepad?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CindyG2018, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Disabling Mousepad

I have windows 10, laptop is an ASUS. How do I disable the mousepad?

:)

CindyG2018, Sep 20, 2018

2. f9 mousepad enable/disable not working since upgrade to windows 10

Since upgrading to Windows 10, the f9 key which is used to enable/disable mousepad/touchpad on my ASUS laptop no longer works to disable the mousepad. Mousepad is enabled and I can't disable it. What can I do to get this function key working again, or
    is there another way to disable the mousepad (but not permanently)? I much prefer to disable it and use separate mouse under most circumstances using the laptop (otherwise my hands touch mousepad and do things I don't want all the time). Other function keys
    seem to be working fine.

LynnEdwards3, Sep 20, 2018
  3. windows 10 disable mousepad

If it still appears, it could be due to the driver being placed there initially prior to purchasing the laptop. Since that didn’t do the trick, try these steps instead to disable your touchpad:

• Using Cortana, search for Touchpad.
    • Click Mouse & touchpad settings.
    • Look for a switch to toggle touchpad On/Off.

• If a switch is available, switch the toggle off.

• If a toggle is not available:
      • Choose Additional Mouse Options.
      • Go to Dell Touchpad tab.
      • Click the picture of a touchpad to turn it On/Off.
      • Click Save.

Don’t hesitate to give us updates on your query.

Arthur Rui, Sep 20, 2018
  4. SCAgarwal Win User

Disabling Mousepad

windows 10 disable mousepad

I have a dell laptop. I only use external mouse. the inbuilt mousepad only hinders the work.

I am not able to disable this as I could in windows 7. I tried control pane, device manager, mice & pointing devices, and uninstall the driver but failed. the option to disable device is not available. could someone help?

thanks

SCAgarwal, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Disabling Mousepad

1. Disabling Mousepad - Similar Threads - Disabling Mousepad

2. how to disable caps lock notifications on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable caps lock notifications on windows 11: Hello,I want to disable the annoying and absurd on screen caps lock and num lock notification.I've looked into it and I've found that there are three ways this can be triggered1. with some application from a software driver. this is not the case as i have only the pre...
  3. how to disable caps lock notifications on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to disable caps lock notifications on windows 11: Hello,I want to disable the annoying and absurd on screen caps lock and num lock notification.I've looked into it and I've found that there are three ways this can be triggered1. with some application from a software driver. this is not the case as i have only the pre...
  4. How to disable 1 finger scrolling on Win 11

How to disable 1 finger scrolling on Win 11: When I click on a window e.g., Explorer title bar and keep the touchpad pressed, the systems waits for me to drag the window.If I click near the left or right edge of the touchpad and keep the touchpad pressed the system drags the window left or right without me moving my...
  5. How to disable 1 finger scrolling on Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable 1 finger scrolling on Win 11: When I click on a window e.g., Explorer title bar and keep the touchpad pressed, the systems waits for me to drag the window.If I click near the left or right edge of the touchpad and keep the touchpad pressed the system drags the window left or right without me moving my...
  6. I disabled my integrated graphics card. IntelR.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I disabled my integrated graphics card. IntelR.: I have an OptiPlex 3040, and when trying to figure out why my Nvidia GPU wasn't processing anything, I ended up turning off the IntelR GPU, causing my screen to go black.I then attempted to access the bios to factory reset in hopes to have that automatically enable the...
  7. I disabled my integrated graphics card. IntelR.

I disabled my integrated graphics card. IntelR.: I have an OptiPlex 3040, and when trying to figure out why my Nvidia GPU wasn't processing anything, I ended up turning off the IntelR GPU, causing my screen to go black.I then attempted to access the bios to factory reset in hopes to have that automatically enable the...
  8. Disabled mousepad automatically being reset to enabled with update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabled mousepad automatically being reset to enabled with update: My first choice for laptop purchase would be without a mousepad, but I am in a minority. I have turned off my mousepad a few times now and it keeps turning back on without me doing it. Accidentally brushing against the mousepad has always been a source of problems and I...
  9. Mousepad disabled

Mousepad disabled: Hi, My mouse pad is not working anymore. My laptop does not have the "toggle" everyone talks about, so I don't know what happened or how to fix it. When I go to the mousepad settings, it does not show me any option to turn it on or off. I've also seen suggestions to use...
  10. Mousepad and bottom row of function buttons disabled

Mousepad and bottom row of function buttons disabled: Hi I was hoping somebody could help me. I don't know what has happened but my bottom row of function buttons and my mousepad is not working. The pointer circle between the g and h in the middle of the keyboard works and the top row of function buttons work. I`ve tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fx505dt touchpad not work

2. windows 2010 disable mousepad