Windows 10: Disabling "News and Interests" causes entire notification area to go blank

Discus and support Disabling "News and Interests" causes entire notification area to go blank in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Forgive me if this has already been asked a thousand times before, but I just noticed this:Issue:Microsoft won't leave my [censored] computer alone!OK,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jharris1993, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Disabling "News and Interests" causes entire notification area to go blank

Forgive me if this has already been asked a thousand times before, but I just noticed this:Issue:Microsoft won't leave my [censored] computer alone!OK, yes, that's the overall issue, but I'm just venting here. ; Microsoft's newest addition - "News and Interests" - which was added to my system despite the fact that I may not want this kind of stuff - apparently by a recent update.So, not being interested in that cluttering up my "notification area" system tray, I disabled it.As soon as I do that, NOTHING in the system tray works anymore. All gone. Blank. Nothing.No solution I tried will

:)

Jharris1993, Jun 9, 2021

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Jun 9, 2021
  3. Hans L Win User
    Startup and Notification area

R]I ran this batch file, but it did not help (which I understand, because Task Manager > Processes does NOT show WinDates).

I am back to the conclusion that Win 10 can run WinDates manually, but not automatically at startup (via link). If I double-click on the link C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\WinDates.lnk, WinDates opens fine.

My next step will be to run a scan of system files to see if something is corrupt. However, any other suggestions are welcome.

Hans L, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Disabling "News and Interests" causes entire notification area to go blank

notification area on all display

Hi,

To resolve your concern regarding notification area, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Right click Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • Untick Show taskbar on all displays; then, Apply.
    • Drag the remaining primary monitor taskbar to the screen you want.
    • Tick Show taskbar on all displays.

We appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

Disabling "News and Interests" causes entire notification area to go blank

1. Disabling "News and Interests" causes entire notification area to go blank - Similar Threads - Disabling News Interests

2. News and interests shows notifications even though notifications are disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and interests shows notifications even though notifications are disabled: I find the red notification icon in the "news and interests" bar in the taskbar to be annoying. Hovering over "news and interests" shows that there is indeed a notification. However, I have disabled notifications under settings/notifications in the "news and interests"...
  3. News and interests shows notifications even though notifications are disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and interests shows notifications even though notifications are disabled: I find the red notification icon in the "news and interests" bar in the taskbar to be annoying. Hovering over "news and interests" shows that there is indeed a notification. However, I have disabled notifications under settings/notifications in the "news and interests"...
  4. News and interests shows notifications even though notifications are disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is news and interests archiving the entire database of CNN or what?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is news and interests archiving the entire database of CNN or what?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/theinteluserwhocould [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/w971dv/is_news_and_interests_archiving_the_entire/
  6. News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar

News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar: I searched for this issue beforehand, but while others have had related issues, they did not seem to be quite the same. Also, the recommended fixes failed.My News and Interests Widget is blank, but only on the taskbar. It no longer shows any icon OR information, such at the...
  7. Banishing "News and interests" makes "system tray"/"notification area" disappear

Banishing "News and interests" makes "system tray"/"notification area" disappear: Starting today, Windows 10 provided a new icon in the "system tray"/"notification area" ST/NA. It is for "news and interests" N&I. Since I need to minimize cognitive distractions, I right-clicked and chose to disable the icon. It dutifully disappeared. Shortly afterward,...
  8. news and interests

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    news and interests: Thanks MS for the news & interests sarcasm... I have a metered connection and just what I need is something else to use my limited data. * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  9. news and interests

news and interests: cant see news and interests in taskbar menu or it's setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests/ddb92275-3860-45e7-935b-1b660312cf97
  10. How to disable News and Interests in the taskbar?

How to disable News and Interests in the taskbar?: Is there a way to completely disable the new News and Interests in the Windows 10 taskbar? I don't mean the Hide option but really disable it?This thing is forced down our throats and really should be an opt-in feature. MS really is adding more and more BS :...