Windows 10: Disabling News in Windows 11 Widgets?

Discus and support Disabling News in Windows 11 Widgets? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to use the widget app. But I can not because it is full of news, aka spam. I have tried, following the advice from this question but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aaron Creighton, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Disabling News in Windows 11 Widgets?

Hi, I would like to use the widget app. But I can not because it is full of news, aka spam. I have tried, following the advice from this question but it did not remove the news in the widgets pain. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/all/disabling-news-in-windows-11-widgets/83ea6614-b0b6-4785-aad1-61c0c1d7753aI have tried managing my interests, but there is no way to select "no news at all". I tried turning off all each of the interests and all the notifications... but this also did not work. The only option I am currently left with is to remove the widgets from the taskbar. This

:)

Aaron Creighton, Aug 21, 2022

2. How to disable news and interest in Windows 11 widget

Hi Haylie. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, specializing in Installation, Performance, Troubleshooting and Activation, here to help you.

Here's how to disable News and Interest widget in WIndows 11:

https://www.lifewire.com/disable-news-and-inter...

A good guide to the Widgets in Windows 11:

https://www.howtogeek.com/739989/how-windows-11...

The inside story In the developer's own words:

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions. Please report back results for all steps given so I know what else to suggest if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, Aug 21, 2022
  3. How to disable news and interest in Windows 11 widget

Haylie -

"I DO NOT WANT TO GET RID OF THE WHOLE WIDGET, since I want the other widget, however I DO NOT WANT THE NEWS AND INTEREST WIDGET."

I did not show you how to get rid of all Widgets, only to remove the News and Interests Widget, which is exactly what you just said you want.

I also showed how to modify it in my last post, which is what you could do if you actually wanted to keep it and just adjust the news feed. But now you're saying "I DO NOT WANT THE NEWS AND INTEREST WIDGET."

Again here is how to remove the News and Interest Widget in Windows 11 ONLY:

https://www.lifewire.com/disable-news-and-inter...

https://pielaptop.com/how-to-disable-widgets-on...

Here is how to add or remove any other Widget in Windows 11:

https://www.laptopmag.com/how-to/add-or-remove-...

4. Disabling News in Windows 11 Widgets?

Thema:

Disabling News in Windows 11 Widgets?

1. Disabling News in Windows 11 Widgets? - Similar Threads - Disabling News Widgets

2. Disable the rubbish news feed in windows 11 weather widgets

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable the rubbish news feed in windows 11 weather widgets: Microsoft shows it's completely inept when it comes to tailoring what content they expose your child account. I'd like to disable the "discover" news feed completely the one that shows up when you click the weather button in bottom left corner. I tried uninstalling the news...
  3. Unable to disable News from the Widgets panel in Windows 11

Unable to disable News from the Widgets panel in Windows 11: There is apparently no option to disable the news section from the widgets panel. The content displayed in the news section is not properly moderated and interest selection does nothing to improve the relevance of the content. As widgets can be easily added or removed, I see...
  4. Disabling News in Windows 11 Widgets

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling News in Windows 11 Widgets: Yet another thread about how to disable the news from reappearing in the Windows 11 Widgets. I mean, I love the idea of seeing my schedule or my to dos at a glance, but boy, the useless news coming from tabloids, I could live without. I tried several times to prevent stories...
  5. Disabling News in Windows 11 Widgets

Disabling News in Windows 11 Widgets: Yet another thread about how to disable the news from reappearing in the Windows 11 Widgets. I mean, I love the idea of seeing my schedule or my to dos at a glance, but boy, the useless news coming from tabloids, I could live without. I tried several times to prevent stories...
  6. Disabling News in Windows 11 Widgets?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling News in Windows 11 Widgets?: Hi, I would like to use the widget app. But I can not because it is full of news, aka spam. I have tried, following the advice from this question but it did not remove the news in the widgets pain....
  7. Disable Windows 11 Widgets News Widgets or Manage Interests Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Windows 11 Widgets News Widgets or Manage Interests Not Working: I am seeking a way to turn off the obnoxious news stories feed in the widgets of Windows 11. I despise them. I would like there to just be weather and nothing else. I do not see a way to turn it off, so I clicked settings, clicked "manage interests", and this page Microsoft...
  8. Disable Windows 11 Widgets News Widgets or Manage Interests Not Working

Disable Windows 11 Widgets News Widgets or Manage Interests Not Working: I am seeking a way to turn off the obnoxious news stories feed in the widgets of Windows 11. I despise them. I would like there to just be weather and nothing else. I do not see a way to turn it off, so I clicked settings, clicked "manage interests", and this page Microsoft...
  9. How to disable news and interest in Windows 11 widget

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable news and interest in Windows 11 widget: I want to keep the widget on my task bar, however I don't want the new stories to show. I've hide a bunch of them and they still end up showing, but I'm constantly having to hide them all since there are sooooo many. How do I disable the top stories, and the news and interest...
  10. How to disable news and interest in Windows 11 widget

How to disable news and interest in Windows 11 widget: I want to keep the widget on my task bar, however I don't want the new stories to show. I've hide a bunch of them and they still end up showing, but I'm constantly having to hide them all since there are sooooo many. How do I disable the top stories, and the news and interest...