Windows 10: Disabling of laptop keyboard in windows 10 20H2 update

Discus and support Disabling of laptop keyboard in windows 10 20H2 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using asus laptop. I wanted to disable my laptop internal keyboard since It have a problem of automatic pressing. I tried uninstalling internal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nayana_62, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Nayana_62 Win User

Disabling of laptop keyboard in windows 10 20H2 update

I am using asus laptop. I wanted to disable my laptop internal keyboard since It have a problem of automatic pressing. I tried uninstalling internal keyboarddevice manager/keyboard/uninstall device, updating internal keyboard with random software. But my keyboard was still working. The keyboard drivers got automatically updated. I even tried 'preventing installation of devices' under gpedit.msc/ computer configuration/ administrative templates/ system/ device installation/ device installation restrictions. Please help me regarding this, any other solutions other than mentioned above.

:)

Nayana_62, Sep 18, 2021

2. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 18, 2021
  3. How to disable a laptop keyboard

Hi,BvinR

My name is Erik. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

I've looked for the details regards about your concern and it will provide you the steps on how to fix the issue.

kindly click this link

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

1. Press Windows + X and select Device Manager from the list.

2. Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.

3.Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable.

5. Click on Yes in the resulting dialog box to confirm the action and disable the laptop’s built-in keyboard.

6. If you don’t see a Disable option in the resulting context menu, you will see an Uninstall option, and you can click on that to uninstall the drivers for the built-in keyboard instead of simply disabling it.

Take Note:

Windows 10 might automatically update the drivers after detecting the keyboard. If that happens, you will have to make your way back to the Device Manager and uninstall the drivers for the laptop’s built-in keyboard once again.

if these steps did not resolve the issue kindly try this workaround method

click this link

https://thegeekpage.com/disable-laptop-keyboard...

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,

Erik

Independent Advisor

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

EriksonBautista24, Sep 18, 2021
  4. Disabling of laptop keyboard in windows 10 20H2 update

Keyboard input lag (Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, Windows 10 20H2)

Hi there. I've got yet another Windows 10 problem. lol

This time it's my keyboard. I'm using a Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, on Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have been experiencing keyboard input lag off and on for a couple months now, and I've searched for possible solutions, but none so far have worked. I was hoping you guys could suggest some fixes.

Here's what I've tried, based on the suggestions I've found on the web:
    • Updating the keyboard/dongle's drivers (there are no drivers on Logitechs's site, oddly) and firmware. Nope.
    • Swapping USB ports. Nada.
    • Unplugging any extraneous USB devices. Zilch.
    • Checking the batteries. No joy.

As I was typing this it was lagging here and there. It's a bit disconcerting. Anyway... I don't think I missed anything, but if you need more information or diagnostics, lemme know and I'll upload 'em.

GuyInDogSuit, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

Disabling of laptop keyboard in windows 10 20H2 update

1. Disabling of laptop keyboard in windows 10 20H2 update - Similar Threads - Disabling laptop keyboard

2. How to disable Laptop's internal keyboard in windows 10 version 20H2?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to disable Laptop's internal keyboard in windows 10 version 20H2?: I recently updated my windows to windows 10 version 20H2. Now, I can not disable my internal keyboard in any way, I need to do it because my internal keyboard is faulty. I did disable it in the previous version of windows 10. But now disabling/ uninstalling/ any other way I...
  3. Is it possible to disable laptop keyboard on Windows 10?

Is it possible to disable laptop keyboard on Windows 10?: I've tried uninstalling the keyboard driver in Device Manager then enable the Device Installation Restrictions in Policy Editor but Windows keeps installing the driver after reboot. I've also tried installing the wrong driver for the keyboard and that didn't work as well....
  4. How to Disable Laptop Keyboard on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Disable Laptop Keyboard on Windows 10: In order to make laptops lighter and easy to carry, manufacturers have made the keyboards smaller in them. This has made typing difficult on the laptops as compared to on the desktop with external keyboards. Now, if you want to disable the laptop keyboard and put an external...
  5. Disabling of laptop keyboard in windows 10 20H2

Disabling of laptop keyboard in windows 10 20H2: My Laptop's built-in keyboard is an issue of automatic key pressing, since one year I disable it by update the driver with a random manufactures keyboard's driver. But after the latest windows 10 updateversion 20H2 my key board automatically enable and when i again update the...
  6. How to disable Laptop Keyboard Windows 10?

How to disable Laptop Keyboard Windows 10?: After a Windows 10 update, my malfunctioning keyboard came back online and has been holding down the right arrow key periodically. This keyboard is the built-in laptop keyboard. I have tried uninstalling the keyboard, but it automatically reinstalls it upon restart. I have...
  7. Disabling laptop keyboard

Disabling laptop keyboard: Hi, I am trying to disable my laptop keyboard permanently as it is faulty, and I am using an external keyboard. However, I am unable to disable my laptop's keyboard and it is very frustrating when my external keyboard is on top of my laptop. PLEASE HELP. I have tried using...
  8. Disabling Laptop Keyboard

Disabling Laptop Keyboard: how do i disable my laptop's key board? i was facing problem with my laptop keyboard since February and i had successfully disabled the keyboard and was happily using a Secondary Keyboard but when i have updated to Windows 10 2004 Home Single Language version, the...
  9. Laptop keyboard disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop keyboard disabled: New Lenovo laptop keyboard disabled after initial windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keyboard-disabled/2e85f6a3-27ec-4a5e-bc7a-9b8442df4d73
  10. Disabling Laptop Keyboard

Disabling Laptop Keyboard: Hi all. I have had an issue with the touchpad and keyboard on my laptop. Solutions to "jumping cursor" have made things worse, so, I am trying the alternative option of using a USB keyboard and mouse. Disabling the mouse is easy. Disable keyboard is greyed out, and the...