Windows 10: Disabling Palm Rejection for Trackpad

Discus and support Disabling Palm Rejection for Trackpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I do that, I am going nuts just trying to do quick adjustments on a doc and getting stopped by this stupid palm rejection that is nothing more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gime114, Sep 7, 2018.

1. gime114 Win User

Disabling Palm Rejection for Trackpad

How do I do that, I am going nuts just trying to do quick adjustments on a doc and getting stopped by this stupid palm rejection that is nothing more than a time lock on the trackpad after typing. I have windows precision drivers, so it should be controlled somewhere in windows right?

:)

gime114, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Onoes Win User

Independent Palm Rejection and Menu Direction Settings?

Using Windows 10 on Surface Pro.

• I understand that palm rejection is now localized, based on selected handedness (settings-devices-devices-pen).
    • I know that the handedness selection affects the direction of menus - when "right handed" is selected, the menus align left - picture follows.

Disabling Palm Rejection for Trackpad fbedd2bf-e855-4914-94e0-6b8b6a685b39.png

I much prefer that menus align right, as follows, which only happens when I set handedness as "left handed". This breaks palm rejection:

Disabling Palm Rejection for Trackpad ca39f60e-75eb-439a-b480-6ed856678e91.png

Question:

Is it possible to set handedness for palm rejection without being subjected to the weird menu alignment?

One obvious answer is to learn to write left handed. Also, to become comfortable with the weird menu alignment. But I'd like to have working, right-handed palm rejection and menus that pop out in the way they've been doing since Windows 3.1.

Onoes, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Menashe Schwob Win User
    Palm Rejection Not Completely Work on Win 10

same problem with cube iwork11 stylus.

I figure it out that the palm rejection does work, but work in wrong direction.

in my device, if i set it for right hand, will be a palm rejection in some square around my pan, and this square keep going to the top of the screen.

for left hand setting is more wrong. will be a palm rejection but i start from around 5 sm from the pen and keep going to left and top of the screen.

my drivers and my system is up to date.

microsoft will do better if they will update the palm rejection for the whole screen until they fix it. and also then will better if we will have the choice to set what will like more.

Menashe Schwob, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Menashe Schwob Win User

Palm Rejection Not Completely Work on Win 10

for me everything work, no problem. about the palm rejection, now the rejection is for the whole screen including the edges. not perfect but better then before

Menashe Schwob, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Disabling Palm Rejection for Trackpad - Similar Threads - Disabling Palm Rejection

2. NSOnlineplayer rejected

in Windows 10 Customization
    NSOnlineplayer rejected: Hi i am a member of an on demand video web site that uses a video player which gives after download and support the video play of this site. i install the player correctly but when i try to start a video link this video player starts for one second and windows 10 imedietly...
  3. Trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trackpad not working: Hi, my trackpad does not work. Upon further investigation, I found that I don't even have a dropdown section for mice and trackpads in device manager. I looked more into the issue and I found that even on the mice settings in control panel, i don't have a driver for my...
  4. laptop mouse trackpad

laptop mouse trackpad: my left and right mouse button on my trackpad isn't working anymore it was working just fine a couple of hours ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-mouse-trackpad/65250aa7-c094-49e7-9e68-a1e1940c2a43
  5. How do I disable Taskview when swiping trackpad?

How do I disable Taskview when swiping trackpad?: As the title states, I need to turn off the feature that enables Task View when swiping from the left side of my trackpad. I use my computer on a large TV and going from the left side of the screen towards the right means a long swipe from one end of my trackpad to the other....
  6. Trackpad not working after installing drivers for said trackpad

Trackpad not working after installing drivers for said trackpad: This is from my reddit post about this issue i made a few hours ago: ' Issue 1: Touchpad not working Issue 2: TrackPoint not working Probable cause: Windows Insiders Preview build 18204 What I have tried: >Reinstalling drivers >Resetting the preview build >Reverting...
  7. Palm Tungsten T3

Palm Tungsten T3: Hi all, I know this is not really a windows question, but I have a Palm Tungsten T3 that I loved and which I would like to revive. I don’t really know where else to ask. I have all the software nicely working on Windows 10. However, I desperately need to change the...
  8. PLEASE !! disable "tap-click" on my trackpad.

PLEASE !! disable "tap-click" on my trackpad.: Vendor told me new Windows specifications now disable the ability to turn off "tap to click" on a Synaptics (or any other) trackpad. No doubt to make my very expensive notebook work even more like my cheap phone. however I travel a lot and "tap-click" makes it nearly...
  9. Turn on trackpad gestures

Turn on trackpad gestures: Hi! I need help turning on the trackpad gestures for my HP computer after resetting it. Can you please help? Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/turn-on-trackpad-gestures/f7e9bc52-5e8c-49a2-ba23-016d55a32f16
  10. Can't disable trackpad on Asus Windows 10

Can't disable trackpad on Asus Windows 10: Recently, I've noticed that the trackpad has been turning on despite having a mouse plugged in. I'm currently not sure on how to disable the trackpad. If anyone could be of help, that would be appreciated. 16703