Windows 10: Disabling password protection when using Windows 10 desktop computer

Discus and support Disabling password protection when using Windows 10 desktop computer in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Before using my computer, I must enter 4 numbers as my password. I wish to disable the password protection, but when I attempt to do so, the computer... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MelissaHazel, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Disabling password protection when using Windows 10 desktop computer

Before using my computer, I must enter 4 numbers as my password. I wish to disable the password protection, but when I attempt to do so, the computer is telling me the password is wrong. I know it is not wrong....I enter it into the computer many times every day.

Please advise.

:)

MelissaHazel, Mar 22, 2020

2. password protect

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you referring to BIOS password as Boot password?
    • Is it a login password which you are referring when Windows starts?
    If Login password, provided you are using Local Account on Windows 10 you may follow the below steps:
    • Press Windows + R keys to open Run command
    • Type " control userpasswords2 "
    • Select the account and uncheck "user must login with password"
    • Select apply and Ok.
    If Boot password you may have to contact your computer manufacturer.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Unable to access computers connected in Peer-to-peer connection, asking for network credentials to enter on Windows 10

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to access the connected computer on Peer-to Peer connection, we will help you with this issue.

Step 1: Make sure that Password Protected Sharing is turned off
    on your computer and check if it helps.

Steps to follow:

• OpenControl Panel window

• Select Network and Sharing Center

• Select Advanced sharing settings

• Under Password Protected Sharing, check mark
      Turn off Password Protected Sharing

Step 2: I suggest you to disable firewall and anti-virus installed on your computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Disabling password protection when using Windows 10 desktop computer

Issues with password protect video master player on windows 10

Hi Patrick,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Let us know how exactly are you trying to access the password protected videos on your computer.

Step 1: I suggest you to Turn on & off
    Password protected sharing and check.

• Press Windows key, type sharing and click on
      Manage advanced sharing settings
    • Under Password protected sharing, try to torn on and off this feature and check with the status of this issue.
    Refer:

Disabling password protection when using Windows 10 desktop computer clip_image0176.png

Step 2: Also, Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click on View all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing password protected videos on your computer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Disabling password protection when using Windows 10 desktop computer

1. Disabling password protection when using Windows 10 desktop computer - Similar Threads - Disabling password protection

2. computer not showing on network when password protected sharing is disabled windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer not showing on network when password protected sharing is disabled windows 11: Hi,As the question states, both my machines' login details is my Microsoft account email and password. When network and sharing is on and I want to access a machine it asks for username and password. If I want this disabled and go to the settings and turn off the password...
  3. computer not showing on network when password protected sharing is disabled windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer not showing on network when password protected sharing is disabled windows 11: Hi,As the question states, both my machines' login details is my Microsoft account email and password. When network and sharing is on and I want to access a machine it asks for username and password. If I want this disabled and go to the settings and turn off the password...
  4. brought used computer. it has password protected. how to unlock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    brought used computer. it has password protected. how to unlock: Brought a used computer. it has password protected. How to unlock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brought-used-computer-it-has-password-protected/329ebbe7-81c8-4be6-8908-a46969230206
  5. brought used computer. it has password protected. how to unlock

brought used computer. it has password protected. how to unlock: Brought a used computer. it has password protected. How to unlock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brought-used-computer-it-has-password-protected/329ebbe7-81c8-4be6-8908-a46969230206
  6. Password protected Computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password protected Computer: My son purchased a computer with a solid state HD. He WAS a former Microsoft employee and I know he used passwords on everything. I recieved notice Monday that he had passed away and I am leaving Monday to go to his city. Most of his info, including his will and where her...
  7. Password protected Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password protected Computer: My son purchased a computer with a solid state HD. He WAS a former Microsoft employee and I know he used passwords on everything. I recieved notice Monday that he had passed away and I am leaving Monday to go to his city. Most of his info, including his will and where her...
  8. Password protected Computer

9. Cannot Disable Password "Protection" on Windows 10 Computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot Disable Password "Protection" on Windows 10 Computer: Hello, I have followed the standard instructions for disabling the password requirement on startup of my Windows 10 computer use 'netplwiz' and uncheck the box for password protection, click 'apply' after, and still the computer demands a password on startup. I see that...
  10. Programatically disabling "Password protected sharing"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programatically disabling "Password protected sharing": The product I'm working on relies heavily on letting an embedded device fetch some files from an anonymous share. I made an installer that preps a Windows 10 machine with all necessary modifications, creating a share, populating the share and so on. The way I disabled...