Windows 10: Disabling Pop Ups

Discus and support Disabling Pop Ups in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have new PC running Windows 10 and I have been trying everything to disable the pop ups. I thought it was the browser at first (Chrome) and went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Win10Newsy, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Disabling Pop Ups

I have new PC running Windows 10 and I have been trying everything to disable the pop ups. I thought it was the browser at first (Chrome) and went through that first. Then I did Edge, etc. But I still believe it's a Windows problems. Went through the standard Settings-File Explorer-System-Notifications...clicked off everything in there. Also clicked off "Show Sync provider notifications." There were two other areas as well.

So I'm at a loss at this point.

:)

Win10Newsy, Feb 23, 2020
  2. Donna Men Win User

annoying desktop pop ups

Hi Sheena,

Pop ups can be distracting for some, and depending on your reference, you can disable the desktop pop ups by following these steps:

• Click Start or the Windows logo and go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Go to System and choose Notification & actions.
    • Under Notifications, turn off Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows or whatever you want to turn off.
    • Close the window and it will automatically save the changes.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Donna Men, Feb 23, 2020
  3. ? Block pop-ups in Edge on the phone

Hello,

Pop-ups or pop-up ads are online advertisement that opens a new browser window when clicked or when the website was accessed. For now, the feature of blocking pop-ups or pop-up ads is available for browsers installed on PC's or desktops.

We request that you file this or up-vote an existing feature suggestion using the Windows Feedback Hub app. To submit a new feedback/suggestion, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app or press and hold Volume
      Down+Power button for about 2-3 secs to launch the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Disabling Pop Ups

OSK popping up when disabled

Hi Pam,

I realize that you are facing issues with on-screen keyboard.

1. What are the other troubleshooting steps that you tried to resolve this issue?

2. When exactly does the OSK pop-up?

3. Does the on-screen keyboard pop-up only when you touch the screen (text entry field like search box on the taskbar)?

4. If yes, did you follow the below steps and check?

1. Press Windows Key + W and type in Services and hit enter.

2. Scroll down for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service and double click to open properties.

3. In the Startup type drop down menu select Disabled.

4. Under Service Status, if it is still running hit Stop.

5. Now click on Apply.

If not, please try the given suggestions and check if it helps.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Disabling Pop Ups

1. Disabling Pop Ups - Similar Threads - Disabling Pop Ups

2. how disable enter password pop up ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how disable enter password pop up ?: how disable enter password pop up ?*Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-disable-enter-password-pop-up/fa74665a-7a2b-4e4d-b932-864cec24630b
  3. taskbar pop up disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar pop up disabled: hello , i would like to ask help for my taskbar being locked , when i hover over an already opened app , it is not showing any pop op to take a peek into the app, i faced this issue recently and dont know what to do , please help...
  4. To disable this pop up.

To disable this pop up.: [ATTACH] Dont know where to put this in what category ... a Malware ? I want to get rid of it , it always pop out when ever i started my lap top. very annoying ... Thanks in anticipation .....
  5. Disable language bar pop-up

Disable language bar pop-up: [ATTACH] Good day, I was always using Ctrl + Shift combo to switch between languages and that caused no troubles previously. However, after 1709 -> 1909 upgrade this window has begun to appear and steal focus from other apps, even when I'm pressing those buttons without...
  6. How to disable annoying pop up?

How to disable annoying pop up?: Hi. Every time I want to download something from BBC iPlayer I get this really annoying pop up - [ATTACH] It's only recently started appearing and is still there even when I click to open the app so I then need to click the cancel button. How can I disable it?...
  7. trying to disable pop up blocker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    trying to disable pop up blocker: can't find the one to block, only one in settings and disabled it but still won't let me get passed it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-disable-pop-up-blocker/9c42d9fd-36f8-422d-a8aa-5216e5d07805
  8. Disabling Windows firewall pop ups

Disabling Windows firewall pop ups: I am not quite certain what changed between my previous install of Windows 10 and my current one but my current one has these constant Windows Firewall pop-ups asking me with every application if I want to allow it which is rather annoying. This didn't use to happen earlier...
  9. disable text pop up messages

disable text pop up messages: is there any way to disable these annoying tooltip pop-up messages? They appear all over windows, on the taskbar and in my folders. I want to get rid of them. 92727
  10. Disable MSN.Com Pop-Up

in Browsers and Email
    Disable MSN.Com Pop-Up: I hope this is the correct section to post this, here is my issue. I receive a pop-up / dialog [see attach] when my modem is off or goes off, the dialog asks which browser / program do I want to use to open with. If a browser is selected, it takes me to the msn-com homepage....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard makes pop ups on pc