Windows 10: Disabling protected tasks in TaskSchd.msc...?

Discus and support Disabling protected tasks in TaskSchd.msc...? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; How can I disable certain tasks in Taskschd.msc that return the following error message when I try to disable..? "The user account you are operating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Thelps, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Thelps Win User

Disabling protected tasks in TaskSchd.msc...?

How can I disable certain tasks in Taskschd.msc that return the following error message when I try to disable..?

"The user account you are operating under does not have permission to disable this task."

I'm already logged in as an Administrator...

For some reason I can't get PSEXEC to work:

"Error establishing communication with PsExec service on <PC-NAME>:The system cannot find the path specified."

It might be that I don't have the right services enabled or maybe SMB client is uninstalled or maybe lmhosts is unchecked or maybe netbios is disabled. Please provide a step-by-step guide to all PSEXEC's requirements if this is your solution...

P.S. I'd much rather receive a solution that doesn't depend on PSEXEC.

:)

Thelps, Nov 27, 2018

2. Microsoft software protection platform (sppsvc) any other fixes for this?

Hello WulfBreaker,

Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service is a technology that is aimed at helping prevent piracy and protect customers from software tampering while making licensing easier to manage.
    Try to disable the SvcRestartTask command. Here's how:

1. Click the Start menu button, type scheduled task and open Scheduled tasks.
    2. Enter Task Scheduler Library, then Microsoft,
      Windows, and finally SoftwareProtectionPlatform.
    3. Right-click on SvcRestartTask, and choose Disable.
    4. In case there are two or more such processes, delete the duplicates.

If the issue still persists, some users suggested using a third-party software to disable the said service. You can check the suggested steps from
    Ellio_tt in this thread.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 27, 2018
  3. No permission to disable a task in Task Scheduler

You keep talking about a "folder". Task scheduler items are files, not
    folders, even though they have no name extension (i.e. no full stop or anything else to the right of the name).

I suspect the task is protected through its entry in the registry. You need to open the registry editor (regedit.exe), then do this:

• Navigate to this key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Schedule\TaskCache\Tasks\
    • Find "UpdateOrchestrator", using Ctrl+F. It will be against a key such as

{AB62362D-3EF5-4BD4-92E1-D96143FD8738}
    • Change the owner of the key to "Administrators"
    • Grant full access to "Administrators".

You then need to take the same four steps with this key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\

Frederik Long, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

Where are my disabled tasks located in Win 10?

Hi Cotter,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Task scheduler in search box and press enter

• Under Actions

• Select Enable All Tasks History
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Disabling protected tasks in TaskSchd.msc...? - Similar Threads - Disabling protected tasks

2. Disabled all my msc services on accident

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabled all my msc services on accident: My game was crashing off boot of the game so I went on YouTube to try and fix it clicked on the wrong video long story short disabled all my msc services restarted my pc and I can’t login knowing the smart choice I went here in need of answers so I tried to boot up my bios no...
  3. Disabled all my msc services on accident

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabled all my msc services on accident: My game was crashing off boot of the game so I went on YouTube to try and fix it clicked on the wrong video long story short disabled all my msc services restarted my pc and I can’t login knowing the smart choice I went here in need of answers so I tried to boot up my bios no...
  4. Software Protection is disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software Protection is disabled: Hi guys, I need help as my software protection is disabled and I can't let it be enabled, I have tried all the methods but it still doesn't work yet, this problem affects my Microsoft office as I can't open any app in it with a notification that they can' found my license?...
  5. Software Protection is disabled

Software Protection is disabled: Hi guys, I need help as my software protection is disabled and I can't let it be enabled, I have tried all the methods but it still doesn't work yet, this problem affects my Microsoft office as I can't open any app in it with a notification that they can' found my license?...
  6. Disabling LSA protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling LSA protection: We have an internal issue causing something not to work when the LSA protection is enabled. As we also have "Block credential stealing from the Windows local security authority subsystem lsass.exe" ASR rule, and following this recommendation that "having both running at the...
  7. Disabling LSA protection

Disabling LSA protection: We have an internal issue causing something not to work when the LSA protection is enabled. As we also have "Block credential stealing from the Windows local security authority subsystem lsass.exe" ASR rule, and following this recommendation that "having both running at the...
  8. Disabling LSA protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Pinning .msc Items to "Start".

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinning .msc Items to "Start".: Ok so, I know that I can right click on something in the Start Menu and click "Pin To Start". . . Is there any possible way that I could pin "gpedit.msc" to Start? 136694
  10. Running msc files in Admin ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Running msc files in Admin ?: If I want to run Group Policy editor in administration mode, what command must be used before gpedit.msc so the group policy editor runs in Administrator mode ? 49226