Windows 10: Disabling proxy with PowerShell doesn't work, how can I achieve this?

Discus and support Disabling proxy with PowerShell doesn't work, how can I achieve this? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am uninstalling an application which due to a bug sometimes enables the Windows Proxy setting in Windows 10. The PCs are distributed globally so I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Aaron Martin [am], Jun 10, 2019.

1. Disabling proxy with PowerShell doesn't work, how can I achieve this?

I am uninstalling an application which due to a bug sometimes enables the Windows Proxy setting in Windows 10. The PCs are distributed globally so I need to schedule a task to trigger after the uninstall (in case proxy gets enabled and network connection is lost) to check if the proxy is enabled then turn it off.

I have run the PowerShell code below to edit the registry while testing, and have found no other method to achieve this.

I have made sure all browsers are closed, I have refreshed services, and I have power cycled the machine.

Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings' -name ProxyServer -Value ""
    Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings' -name ProxyEnable -Value 0

I have confirmed that the registry setting reflects the changes above, but the GUI (through Settings or through Internet Explorer) still shows the proxy enabled and the network connection remains down unless I manually uncheck the box.

Where are these proxy settings actually stored, there must be some other place besides the registry value that everyone refers to. When I set a value for a fake proxy and port, these setting remain in the GUI whether enabled or disabled until changed, but the registry settings are never updated to those values. These settings MUST reside elsewhere. Anyone know where?

:)

Aaron Martin [am], Jun 10, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Disabling proxy with PowerShell doesn't work, how can I achieve this? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Bushka Win User

Disabling proxy with PowerShell doesn't work, how can I achieve this?

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Disabling proxy with PowerShell doesn't work, how can I achieve this?

1. Disabling proxy with PowerShell doesn't work, how can I achieve this? - Similar Threads - Disabling proxy PowerShell

2. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell: I'm trying to call 'cmd' inside Windows PowerShell console in order to get to work immediately with Command Prompt mode, but I got this message instead:I know I can use Command Prompt outside of PowerShell, but this is a special case.Any suggestions about how can I revert...
  3. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell: I'm trying to call 'cmd' inside Windows PowerShell console in order to get to work immediately with Command Prompt mode, but I got this message instead:I know I can use Command Prompt outside of PowerShell, but this is a special case.Any suggestions about how can I revert...
  4. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Disabling VPN/Proxy

Disabling VPN/Proxy: i need to disable the vpn and proxy of my system, but i've tried all the tutorials and all but it's not working. please advice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-vpnproxy/4d8ea5b3-3d3e-459b-baa5-88ba744a15b9
  6. Minecraft for Win 10 - disable achievments - How to rehabilitate them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft for Win 10 - disable achievments - How to rehabilitate them?: Hi everyone, I've been playing minecraft recently. I created a world in survival and I saw the objectives being activated every time I completed them. Now I am shown that the achievements are disabled. Can anyone tell me why? Is it possible to reactivate them? I once tried on...
  7. disabling proxy settings

disabling proxy settings: installed Adobe creative previously sign to Adobe with Facebook on my phone now when I try to sign in I get error to disable my proxy settings I did the disable and still get messageto disable I can not connect what do need to do...
  8. Cortana doesn't ask proxy

in Cortana
    Cortana doesn't ask proxy: I am using a proxy server to connect my pc to internet(it is must to use proxy) , so browser is working is fine but Cortana just once asked for credential for proxy after that it is not able to connect. Any solution?...
  9. How can I tell if the proxy is working properly?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I tell if the proxy is working properly?: How can I tell if the proxy is working properly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-can-i-tell-if-the-proxy-is-working-properly/9a1c409a-3ce8-49c2-a1cb-b4622ba03b8f
  10. how to disable powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    how to disable powershell: I unticked it in windows features, but if I type "powershell" in search box, I get two versions of it, and they both execute. So how do I disable this thing? While we are at it, how can I disable other exploitable processes that the standard Windows user doesn't need?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to start a proxy in powershell