Windows 10: Disabling Quick Start fails to turn the function off

Discus and support Disabling Quick Start fails to turn the function off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have disabled the feature in the power options and yet Windows continues to use the quick start feature. All I want my computer to do is shut down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Someguy12121, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Disabling Quick Start fails to turn the function off

I have disabled the feature in the power options and yet Windows continues to use the quick start feature. All I want my computer to do is shut down completely when I hit shut down. Functions such as auto-enabling my num-lock via the registry edit do not function properly due to the quick start feature as well performance issues.

Is there a permanent fix to disable Quick Start once and for all?!?!

:)

Someguy12121, Jan 9, 2019

2. Disable "Quick Access"

You may try the steps listed for
    v1607 here
    , and reverse the earlier method you used to disable Qa.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jan 9, 2019
  3. WiFi refuses to turn on

Hello,

A quick question before we proceed:

Is your computer airplane mode is turn on?

I suggest you to go to the follow the below step and check if you’re able to toggle the Airplane mode:

• Go to settings and click on Network & Internet.

• Go to airplane mode and toggle.

I also suggest you to check if the function key for Wi-Fi works or not. Kindly
    Refer to your computer manual to check which function key do so.

Reply with the necessary information to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Disabling Quick Start fails to turn the function off

update about Quick Access not responding

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Disable Quick Access.
    • Re-enable Quick Access.
    • Restart your computer, and see if it helps.

• For you to customize the Quick Access Toolbar, click
      here.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Disabling Quick Start fails to turn the function off

1. Disabling Quick Start fails to turn the function off - Similar Threads - Disabling Quick Start

2. Disable NumLock Off functionality.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable NumLock Off functionality.: I work with VMs and I sometimes press the key accidentally and find myself with my numpad becoming useless until I notice the issue and turn NumLock back on.I don't see a valid usecase for having NumLock off for anyone using a full size keyboard.Is there a way to enforce that...
  3. Disable NumLock Off functionality.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable NumLock Off functionality.: I work with VMs and I sometimes press the key accidentally and find myself with my numpad becoming useless until I notice the issue and turn NumLock back on.I don't see a valid usecase for having NumLock off for anyone using a full size keyboard.Is there a way to enforce that...
  4. Disable NumLock Off functionality.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Dictation turns off quickly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dictation turns off quickly: Dictation function stops after a few words and won't turn on again. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dictation-turns-off-quickly/88e11cea-0d6e-4d2e-9783-54b3a70b647d
  6. Dictation turns off quickly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dictation turns off quickly: Dictation function stops after a few words and won't turn on again. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dictation-turns-off-quickly/88e11cea-0d6e-4d2e-9783-54b3a70b647d
  7. Quick Menu of Start (power user menus) failed to function

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Menu of Start (power user menus) failed to function: I got an Lenovo Y460 laptop and don't know since when the quick menu of start (by right click) fails to function properly ie I only managed to use some of the default function eg run and power but almost all others do not function eg computer management etc. I tried to add a...
  8. Can I turn off the start button function?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I turn off the start button function?: It doubles as the command button in adobe premiere and it's pretty annoying that sometimes it works in premiere and sometimes it just opens the start menu. submitted by /u/BlondiestRockGod [link] [comments]...
  9. I failed to disable Quick Start completely

in Windows 10 Customization
    I failed to disable Quick Start completely: When I press Shut down, my PC doesn’t shut down completely due to the Quick Start feature. I tried to disable this feature in the power options but Windows is still uses it. Can I stop this feature completely and permanently?...
  10. Disabling Quick Start fails to turn the function off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disabling Quick Start fails to turn the function off: I have disabled the feature in the power options and yet Windows continues to use the quick start feature. All I want my computer to do is shut down completely when I hit shut down. Functions such as auto-enabling my num-lock via the registry edit do not function properly due...