Windows 10: Disabling remote audio driver in Microsoft Remote Desktop

Discus and support Disabling remote audio driver in Microsoft Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 and connecting into my desktop from a second PC using Microsoft Remote Desktop. Is there a way to disable the 'Remote Audio'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkRemillard, May 28, 2020.

1. Disabling remote audio driver in Microsoft Remote Desktop

I'm running Windows 10 and connecting into my desktop from a second PC using Microsoft Remote Desktop. Is there a way to disable the 'Remote Audio' driver on the host PC?

I want to be able to control the audio settings on the host PC separate from the 'Remote Audio' driver.

Thanks

:)

MarkRemillard, May 28, 2020

2. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 28, 2020
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, May 28, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Disabling remote audio driver in Microsoft Remote Desktop

Remote desktop connection freezes while using any other window

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the remote desktop session freezes when the session is in idle mode. Couple of our users were able to fix the issue by disabling the audio that comes from the Remote session. I suggest you to try disabling the audio for the remote
    desktop and check if that helps in resolving the issue. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold Windows key + R, to open
      Run box.
    2. Type mstsc and click on OK.
    3. Now, click con Show Options.
    4. Click on Local Resources.
    5. Click on Settings.
    6. Click on Do not play.
    7. Click on OK and try using the Remote connection now.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to post your query in TechNet forums,
    where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Remote Desktop connection.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Disabling remote audio driver in Microsoft Remote Desktop

1. Disabling remote audio driver in Microsoft Remote Desktop - Similar Threads - Disabling remote audio

2. Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same?: regarding to CVE-2023-28290, Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same? I am a little bit confused*Moved from feedback....
  3. Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same?: regarding to CVE-2023-28290, Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same? I am a little bit confused*Moved from feedback....
  4. Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Microsoft Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Remote Desktop: Last week I tested Microsoft Remote Desktop to connect my PC with my MacBook and it worked while I was at home. When I went to my university I tried connecting and I got an error code saying "Unable to connect". I made sure my PC never turns on, it was connected to the...
  6. Microsoft Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Remote Desktop: Hello,I'm trying to connect to my computer Windows 10 from macos using microsoft remote desktop but :1 it asks me for User Account Username & Password . Should I type the user that i use on windows ? or is a special account?2 When i use the name of the user that I use for...
  7. Disabling Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling Remote Desktop: Hi, I need help disabling the check mark on the Remote Desktop that says “change settings to allow remote connections to this computer” for some reason when I uncheck it, it does not allow me to apply the changes. Can I have some help on this issue and how to possibly apply...
  8. microsoft remote desktop

microsoft remote desktop: I changed the port associated with remote desktop now i cannot connect to the remote desktop PC unless I use chrome remote desktop. Is there any way to resolve this issue?...
  9. Disable Remote Desktop

Disable Remote Desktop: Hi everybody, Anyone knows a working way to DISABLE "Allow Remote Assistance connections to this computer" via Registry only?! I searched and found something on the web but none works, Windows 10 Enterprise... Thanks indeed *Smile 64193
  10. Remote Desktop option disabled

Remote Desktop option disabled: Hi Team, I am using windows 10 .I have issues to access with Remote Desktop .I did not see any settings related to Remote Desktop . i can see option for Remote access .Could you please help me how to get Remote Desktop option . Thanks Madhu 36392