Windows 10: Disabling Search History In Google Search

Discus and support Disabling Search History In Google Search in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been trying to disable the Google Search History which shows up every time I use Google but cannot find any instructions on how to do it. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TomKunzo, Aug 30, 2017.

1. TomKunzo Win User

Disabling Search History In Google Search

I have been trying to disable the Google Search History which shows up every time I use Google but cannot find any instructions on how to do it.
    I hope that someone can assist me in this matter.
    Thank you.
    Regards,

:)

TomKunzo, Aug 30, 2017

2. Google Search History not saving

I have Google search on my Favourites Bar but history does not save. when you click on the tab nothing appears

happyhotspur1418, Aug 30, 2017
  3. Google Search History not saving

It wasn't the Anniversary update itself, but it was an update. More than one actually. Search history is not remembered in some websites as well.

It has nothing to do with MS wanting you to use Edge as it affects Win7, 8 & 8.1 as well, but they did break it. Whether or not it is ever fixed is another issue.

I have Google Search on the Favorites Bar, History is remembered there.

Bruce Hagen, Aug 30, 2017
  4. Disabling Search History In Google Search

Try this, Open the Google search page. Then click on Settings in the lower right hand corner and select search settings. Then in Search History click the blue search history. What you have to do on the page that opens, I haven't figured out yet?

alphanumeric, Aug 30, 2017
Thema:

Disabling Search History In Google Search

1. Disabling Search History In Google Search - Similar Threads - Disabling Search History

2. Google search settings

in Browsers and Email
    Google search settings: Firefox doesn't remember my google search settings. I have allowed cookies. I also use a cookie manager that has google whitelisted. Do I have to be signed in to google for this to work? 130450
  3. Disabling Windows Search

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disabling Windows Search: I'm creating an image for Desktops/Laptops that clients will be using. We want to lock down the computer as much as possible and I've had some success with Group Policies. The one major thing I would like to disable before I finish is the windows search bar. Even if I disable...
  4. Feature: Searching in Doc History

in Windows 10 Customization
    Feature: Searching in Doc History: Is there plans to allow searches in Document History for One Drive going to be made possible. If there is collaboration of a specific document where changes are constantly taking place and there is a need to find a particular change in a particular version, it would be nice...
  5. IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?: Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either. I have...
  6. Google search for Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Google search for Edge: I have set Google as my search engine for Edge but when I launch Edge I get msn.com with the Bing. I have followed the tutorial and its not working. In settings under "search in the address bar with" it shows Google. Is it that you just use the address bar and it...
  7. Google Search History Suggestions Showing Up On Multiple Devices?

in Browsers and Email
    Google Search History Suggestions Showing Up On Multiple Devices?: No worries! Appreciate the help. It is a worry, though. I've seen other people via Google with the same/similar issues. Could it even been related to the IP/Internet connection? Using the same Wi-Fi, it might sync results etc. Doubtful. That's only a gateway to the net....
  8. Bing Search history problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Bing Search history problem: Hi, I am using the Edge browser. I have a problem with my Bing Search History. Even though Ive cleared my Bing Search history and set the Search History switch to OFF under Change History settings/Show my recent searches in Search history...I have checked under...
  9. Disable "device search history" via registry/gpo

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable "device search history" via registry/gpo: In 10 v1511 there is a new entry in the start menu search called "device search history" that is enabled by default. I use Code: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search] "AllowCortana"=dword:00000000 "DisableWebSearch"=dword:00000001...
  10. How do disable search history in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do disable search history in file explorer?: Hello, I was wondering how do I completely disable the search history in the search box in file explorer? I found this guide, but this is for erasing only. Clear File Explorer History in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials I want to completely disable the search...