Windows 10: Disabling Search Suggestion Dropdown Box Not Working

Discus and support Disabling Search Suggestion Dropdown Box Not Working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For a long time I've used Google as a search engine. I use the address bar for search, don't like suggestions, so when I got Edge I had to learn how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by George Flach, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Disabling Search Suggestion Dropdown Box Not Working

For a long time I've used Google as a search engine. I use the address bar for search, don't like suggestions, so when I got Edge I had to learn how to turn off all that stuff. Worked fine. No dropdown.Recently I tried DuckDuckGo, didn't like it, went back to Google. DuckDuckGo did a dropdown box under the address bar, even though suggestions are turned off. So I got to see my typing in the address bar and in the dropdown box. Stupid.When I went back to Google I figured it would be the same as before. I was wrong. Now it's using a dropdown box, as well. No no suggestions, just a box w

:)

George Flach, Jul 11, 2021

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 11, 2021
  3. Mouse click not working on Google Search Suggestion Box

06/18/2020 - I did about two hours of research on this, and only found several similar issue, and none seem to have had a real fix. Some say it randomly stopped working, and then randomly started working again, and just about all said they reset about everything they can think of (which I did too), but it seems tied to the Google account that is being used. If you use guest, or no account (or different account), everything works. This just started yesterday for me. If I'm signed in like in my screenshot below I cannot select anything from the dropdown suggestions with the mouse. I can use the arrow keys and enter to select, but I'd rather use the mouse. Again it only stopped working yesterday. If I sign out of Google all works, so it's tied to my account somehow. It does the exact same in Firefox, so it's not a Chrome issue either. Just throwing it out there to see if anyone knows of a fix, or maybe I just need to hope it fixes itself soon enough.

Disabling Search Suggestion Dropdown Box Not Working [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

06/20/2020 - So I just was doing some searches, and wouldn't you know it, the mouse click is back. Just like that. Hmmmm

Bobby Phoenix, Jul 11, 2021
  4. Disabling Search Suggestion Dropdown Box Not Working

Disable new search bar in Outlook 365

OK. There is a way to disable this new search box in Microsoft Office 365. For Outlook:

1. Open Outlook 365.
    2. On the lower left-hand corner click options.
    3. In the User Interface options under the General Tab, click the checkbox Collapse the Microsoft Search box by default.
    4. Click OK.

The search box will now disappear. However, disabling this option would only work on that application. If you open Microsoft Word or PowerPoint, you will need to do these same steps to disable the search box (if present) as well. Let me know if this works for you.

Guardian Angel, Jul 11, 2021
Thema:

Disabling Search Suggestion Dropdown Box Not Working

1. Disabling Search Suggestion Dropdown Box Not Working - Similar Threads - Disabling Search Suggestion

2. change dropdown box order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change dropdown box order: Hi. I have Windows 11 and if I use Save As in Documents the dropdown box displays most recent files then folders but I want an alphabetical list as I can't find things quickly when they are jumbled up. How do I change the dropdown menu to alphabetical please?...
  3. change dropdown box order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change dropdown box order: Hi. I have Windows 11 and if I use Save As in Documents the dropdown box displays most recent files then folders but I want an alphabetical list as I can't find things quickly when they are jumbled up. How do I change the dropdown menu to alphabetical please?...
  4. Converting and Excel with Dropdown search box to work on a mac

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Converting and Excel with Dropdown search box to work on a mac: Is there a way to get an excel created in windows to work on a mac if it include macros and a dropdown search box? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/converting-and-excel-with-dropdown-search-box-to/f8a51227-58ad-4adc-ae77-9ac0ab68dfb7
  5. search box not working

in Cortana
    search box not working: i cannot use the search box. when i click on it, the search box area turns into a black box for some time then goes away on its own. i tried searching for solutions on web, though they didn't work. please help i am using windows 10....
  6. Mouse click not working on Google Search Suggestion Box

in Browsers and Email
    Mouse click not working on Google Search Suggestion Box: I did about two hours of research on this, and only found several similar issue, and none seem to have had a real fix. Some say it randomly stopped working, and then randomly started working again, and just about all said they reset about everything they can think of (which I...
  7. ICS dropdown box missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ICS dropdown box missing: I have the same issue as this guy here. The issue is still unsolved, the dropdown box is still missing. On my PC it is working but on my Surface it isn't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ics-dropdown-box-missing/5c85e2c0-e049-4b38-b294-239fe486932a
  8. Dropdown Box Font Color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dropdown Box Font Color: Since the last cumulative update, December 7th, 2018, I've had a problem with the font in the dropdown box displaying white on a white background. This happens when changing the color scheme in personalization. [personalization>colors>choose your default app mode>dark] When...
  9. Scrolling and dropdown boxes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scrolling and dropdown boxes: All of a sudden my apps scroll down without my prompting and won't let scroll back up, and the dropdown boxes show for a glimpse and will not allow me to select, even on the touchscreen. Help??!...
  10. Issue with "suggestions" in the search box.

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with "suggestions" in the search box.: Hello *Wink when I type something in the windows search bar, it automatically fills itself with a program's name and I can't change anything about it. The only thing I can do is click on the program, or the search bar. Clicking on the search bar results in the word being...