Windows 10: Disabling “Service Host: Delivery Optimization”

Discus and support Disabling “Service Host: Delivery Optimization” in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I live in a very wooded area and have an extreammly small bandwith. According to my task manager the only process passively taking up bandwith is this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheRealFran, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Disabling “Service Host: Delivery Optimization”

I live in a very wooded area and have an extreammly small bandwith. According to my task manager the only process passively taking up bandwith is this delivery optimization. I’ve already tried to stop througg the firewall and by disabling it under services. If anyone knows how i can stop it or at least control the time when it turns on and off that would be great. Thanks!

:)

TheRealFran, Feb 17, 2019

2. Delivery optimization

You may also try to disable Service Host: Delivery Optimization by following the steps below:

1. Type in Win + R to get the Run box.

2. Enter services.msc then click OK.

3. Then search for Service Host: Delivery Optimization.

4. Right-click then click Properties.

5. Under Startup type, select Disable.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Jenicel Dri, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Service Host: Delivery Optimization

Hello!

There's this service host called delivery optimization and it's really sucking up all of my network, and I have been really impatient with it in the last few days. Can I stop the service? How? And are there consequences if I do that? Thanks.

Gabriel Farrish Rojo, Feb 17, 2019
  4. Disabling “Service Host: Delivery Optimization”

Phillip Pio, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Disabling “Service Host: Delivery Optimization”

1. Disabling “Service Host: Delivery Optimization” - Similar Threads - Disabling “Service Host

2. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?: I have a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 laptop; every now and again, I notice this, but today especially, Delivery Optimization seems to be making non-stop connections to my laptop on Port 7680 I know Delivery Optimization is largely related to Windows Updates, but I would...
  3. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?: I have a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 laptop; every now and again, I notice this, but today especially, Delivery Optimization seems to be making non-stop connections to my laptop on Port 7680 I know Delivery Optimization is largely related to Windows Updates, but I would...
  4. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Problems with Service host Delivery optimization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Service host Delivery optimization: Hello all, I hope you are all doing fine, well as the title states, I have started experiencing a new issue with that specific process It's eating bandwidth like crazy and we dont have that fast internet in here to let it just run, I have windows delivery optimization turned...
  6. Problems with Service host Delivery optimization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Service host Delivery optimization: Hello all, I hope you are all doing fine, well as the title states, I have started experiencing a new issue with that specific process It's eating bandwidth like crazy and we dont have that fast internet in here to let it just run, I have windows delivery optimization turned...
  7. Reason for Service Host Network: Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reason for Service Host Network: Delivery Optimization: I recently bought a new computer and immediately noticed that the fan was running high and that it was somewhat slow for the tasks I was doing. I saw on task manager that "Service Host Network: Delivery Optimization" was using 25% to 30% of my CPU. I googled what this task is...
  8. Service Host: Network Service -Delivery Optimization hogging network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Service Host: Network Service -Delivery Optimization hogging network: Currently Service Host: Network Service -Delivery Optimization is hogging the network. Therefore nothing else can download at the right speed. For example I am using the xbox (beta) app to install Gears 5 but it is barely able to achieve a reading so downloads very slowly...
  9. Delivery Optimization Service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delivery Optimization Service: We have four home computers, only two running Windows 10. Is it a good idea to have this service on? Why not turn it off and delete the hundreds of MB of files stored in it?...
  10. Unable to disable Delivery Optimization service

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to disable Delivery Optimization service: After recent Windows update v1809 (Build 17763.79), I am unable to disable Delivery Optimization service. This constantly consumes by internet bandwidth in the background which makes the web surfing very slow. Whenever I try to disable this service it says "Access Denied"....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. service host network service delivery optimization

2. service host delivery optimization disable

3. disable service host delivery optimization

4. host delivery optimization disable,
  5. disable service host delivery,
  6. disable service host:delivery optimization,
  7. delivery optimization disabling,
  8. service host delivery optimization info,
  9. delivery host optimization will not turn off,
  10. how to disable service host delivery optimisation,
  11. service host delivery optimization network,