Windows 10: Disabling sleep / hibernation timer through powershell / cmd

Discus and support Disabling sleep / hibernation timer through powershell / cmd in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knows a way to disable sleep / hibernation through cmd or powershell. I have a system I ssh into at home so I only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Apathly, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Disabling sleep / hibernation timer through powershell / cmd

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows a way to disable sleep / hibernation through cmd or powershell. I have a system I ssh into at home so I only have a shell but it seems to go into sleep mode after x amount of minutes each time. Any solution?

EDIT: a way to reset the sleep timer would also work, like opening a window from cmd or something similair?

submitted by /u/Apathly
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Apathly, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Cromax Win User

Cmd sleep command but with timer

ty i actually thought timeout or sleep command but wasnt sure thnx

for some reason it doesnt work lol .. powershell doesnt recognize && operator so to line bat scripted worked

Cromax, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Cmd sleep command but with timer

In CMD you can use "timeout" or in PowerShell you can use "Start-Sleep" to start a 180s timer. Just create a script with the timeout command followed by the SetSuspendSleep command.

Or if you want it in one line you can do
    Code:
    Code:
    timeout /t 180&&rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Sleep

PolarNettles, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Toothless Win User

Disabling sleep / hibernation timer through powershell / cmd

Shutting down, hibernating, or sleeping?

Turn off hybrid sleep/hibernate.

Disabling sleep / hibernation timer through powershell / cmd [​IMG]

Toothless, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Disabling sleep / hibernation timer through powershell / cmd

1. Disabling sleep / hibernation timer through powershell / cmd - Similar Threads - Disabling sleep hibernation

2. Sleep Timer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Timer: I've got an SSD and an HDD in my laptop. Should I set my sleep timer less or more? And how will it affect my HDD and SSD's lifespan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-timer/6b2e56fc-272a-4c53-8c3c-771e47dcaf27
  3. Sleep Timer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep Timer: I've got an SSD and an HDD in my laptop. Should I set my sleep timer less or more? And how will it affect my HDD and SSD's lifespan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-timer/6b2e56fc-272a-4c53-8c3c-771e47dcaf27
  4. Sleep Timer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sleep Timer Issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Timer Issues: Sometime in the past week or so my pc has been refusing to put itself into sleep mode. I've adjusted every power setting I can think of but it still won't listen to me. If I use the sleep option in the shutdown menu everything works just fine. However, when I step away from...
  6. CMD and Powershell RUSH

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CMD and Powershell RUSH: Hi mods,My Windows 10 is running cmd and power shell automatically even though I didn't open them. Some errors are popping up and browsers are closing automatically. I captured the picture with my phone because it also freezes my pc mouse. Please help....
  7. [Help] Add hibernate to start menu from CMD or powershell

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] Add hibernate to start menu from CMD or powershell: Is there a command I can use from either cmd or powershell that will add the hibernate option to the windows start menu power options? I know how to add the hibernate option by navigating windows and menus, but I want to automate this process with a script. How can I do...
  8. Powershell and cmd no network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Powershell and cmd no network: I got my windows from school try to install choco package manager or adding the repo to power shell . non are working as its saying that there is no internet on both cmd and powershell tried ping and curl its the same. But my browser and other apps have great network . Is...
  9. CMD and PowerShell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD and PowerShell: Hi all, I run Windows 10, v 1803. Clicking Start, typing CMD, there is only "Command Prompt (desktop application)". Win key + X shows "Windows PowerShell" and "Windows PowerShell (Admin)". If after Win key+R I choose Windows PowerShell" pops up a message: Same with...
  10. Cmd sleep command but with timer

in Windows 10 Support
    Cmd sleep command but with timer: If you could help i found :\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Sleep but i need -t 180 secs which doesnt work with this and i dont want to use third party programs.. tyvm 97497