Windows 10: Disabling sleep / hibernation timer through powershell / cmd

Discus and support Disabling sleep / hibernation timer through powershell / cmd in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knows a way to disable sleep / hibernation through cmd or powershell. I have a system I ssh into at home so I only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Apathly, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Disabling sleep / hibernation timer through powershell / cmd

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows a way to disable sleep / hibernation through cmd or powershell. I have a system I ssh into at home so I only have a shell but it seems to go into sleep mode after x amount of minutes each time. Any solution?

EDIT: a way to reset the sleep timer would also work, like opening a window from cmd or something similair?

submitted by /u/Apathly
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Apathly, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Cromax Win User

Cmd sleep command but with timer

ty i actually thought timeout or sleep command but wasnt sure thnx

for some reason it doesnt work lol .. powershell doesnt recognize && operator so to line bat scripted worked

Cromax, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Cmd sleep command but with timer

In CMD you can use "timeout" or in PowerShell you can use "Start-Sleep" to start a 180s timer. Just create a script with the timeout command followed by the SetSuspendSleep command.

Or if you want it in one line you can do
    Code:
    Code:
    timeout /t 180&&rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Sleep

PolarNettles, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Toothless Win User

Disabling sleep / hibernation timer through powershell / cmd

Shutting down, hibernating, or sleeping?

Turn off hybrid sleep/hibernate.

Disabling sleep / hibernation timer through powershell / cmd [​IMG]

Toothless, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Disabling sleep / hibernation timer through powershell / cmd

1. Disabling sleep / hibernation timer through powershell / cmd - Similar Threads - Disabling sleep hibernation

2. Is Windows 10 dictation sleep timer related to Cortana? Can sleep timer be modified or shut...

in Cortana
    Is Windows 10 dictation sleep timer related to Cortana? Can sleep timer be modified or shut...: Hi Folks, I'm attempting to use Windows 10 dictation to compose long documents, but dictation goes to sleep after a few seconds of activity, resulting in a really jerky process. Like most writers, I compose a few sentences, then pause to decide what next to say and how to...
  3. CMD, PowerShell, Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CMD, PowerShell, Windows Terminal: I have recently returned to windows after 10 years of OSX/MacOS and Linux. During my time on these OSes I became very comfortable with using the terminal on a daily basis for minor tasks to system configuration and diagnostics. I loved the power these tools have and wish to...
  4. Cannot hibernate through shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot hibernate through shortcut: I have Acer Nitro 5 laptop running Windows 10 version 1809 (build 17763.379). I created recently a hibernate shortcut on my desktop. I used %windir%\system32\shutdown.exe –h Upon double clicking the shortcut, a small cmd prompt opens for a fraction of a second then nothing...
  5. Sleep & Hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep & Hibernate: Other than maybe creating a custom power plan via Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Create a Power Plan, how do I get my laptop to sleep or hibernate automatically? Long story short, I was using my laptop and Microsoft Edge to watch shows on CBS.com last...
  6. Settings using powershell/cmd?

Settings using powershell/cmd?: Is there a way to manage settings using command line/powershell? Thanks. 124376
  7. Sleep and hibernation

Sleep and hibernation: When I put my windows 10 PC to sleep it wakes up again after about 5 minutes, I have also tried hibernation mode and that does not work either, even when unplugging mouse, keyboard and, HDMI lead it still wakes up, I have even tried turning off notifications but still no...
  8. CMD and PowerShell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD and PowerShell: Hi all, I run Windows 10, v 1803. Clicking Start, typing CMD, there is only "Command Prompt (desktop application)". Win key + X shows "Windows PowerShell" and "Windows PowerShell (Admin)". If after Win key+R I choose Windows PowerShell" pops up a message: Same with...
  9. Cmd sleep command but with timer

in Windows 10 Support
    Cmd sleep command but with timer: If you could help i found :\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Sleep but i need -t 180 secs which doesnt work with this and i dont want to use third party programs.. tyvm 97497
  10. cmd vs powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    cmd vs powershell: Greetings. As a normal PC-geek I don't know how, when and why I should use Powershell instead of cmd. Or in another way, why has Microsoft changed cmd to Powershell in the right-click menu? What are the benefits? Or has Microsoft just done this to make fun of us, that...