Windows 10: Disabling snap

Discus and support Disabling snap in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In Windows 10, I have disabled snap, both from Display--> Multitasking, and checked from Ease of Access Center --> Make the mouse easier to use, have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Terry Jordan-Culler, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Disabling snap

In Windows 10, I have disabled snap, both from Display--> Multitasking, and checked from Ease of Access Center --> Make the mouse easier to use, have checked "Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen". Still, each window goes to full size when I click in the top of the window. I want to be able to move each window by a left click hold from top of the window, and move to location on screen which I choose. Also, want to be able to resize windows by clicking arrow on top/bottom/right/left of window -sometimes this works, sometimes not.

I'm using HP desktop and dell mouse.

:)

Terry Jordan-Culler, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Disabling Snap

Hi Dan,

Snap assist is a neat productivity feature especially for those of us who have multiple windows open at once. If you're having issues disabling the feature and you've done all the steps on how to disable the said feature to no avail, let's try a different approach.
    We've found a thread similar to your concern. Check this thread
    and see if the steps will work for you. If not, you can also post directly on our
    TechNet Windows 10 Networking forum to have further assistance from our IT Professionals.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Anne Ros, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Snap Assist

Hi Cory,

The Snap Assist allows you to juggle apps, arrange open windows, resize windows by simply dragging and dropping them to the edges of the screen. If you don't want to get a quarter screen snap, you can change the settings of Snap Assist by follow the steps below:

• Open the Settings app
    • Click System.
    • Click Multitasking.
    • You can turn off some of the option of Snap Assist on this window.

If you want to disable Snap Assist, you can turn off Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Disabling snap

How do I disable the Snap feature?

Hi Abby,

To help on how to disable the Snap Feature on Windows 10, you may follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to Settings, System and then Multitasking.

2. Adjust the settings in the Snap window as you see fit. Disable them all to turn off all snap features.

3. Close Settings.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jenicel Dri, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

Disabling snap

1. Disabling snap - Similar Threads - Disabling snap

2. How to programmatically disable snap for a window class

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to programmatically disable snap for a window class: I have a MDI application and on Windows11 I have Snap enabled. Works fine with one oddity. If I do not have my application's MDI document maximized, when I move over the maximize button, the Snap window appears. I can click and entry and my application Snaps not the MDI child...
  3. How to programmatically disable snap for a window class

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to programmatically disable snap for a window class: I have a MDI application and on Windows11 I have Snap enabled. Works fine with one oddity. If I do not have my application's MDI document maximized, when I move over the maximize button, the Snap window appears. I can click and entry and my application Snaps not the MDI child...
  4. How to disable snap back when dragging a scroll bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable snap back when dragging a scroll bar?: When clicking and dragging on a scroll bar in Windows Edge, or Windows Explorer, possibly other apps as well there is an invisible zone that is a few pixels wide on either side of the scroll bar. If you drag the bar up or down and move the cursor too far to the left or right...
  5. How to disable snap back when dragging a scroll bar?

How to disable snap back when dragging a scroll bar?: When clicking and dragging on a scroll bar in Windows Edge, or Windows Explorer, possibly other apps as well there is an invisible zone that is a few pixels wide on either side of the scroll bar. If you drag the bar up or down and move the cursor too far to the left or right...
  6. Disable snapping to the middle third of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable snapping to the middle third of the screen: Aero Snap is quite possibly the most infuriating feature you have added to Windows in the past few years, which given the amopunt of rubbish it is competing with is quite the achievement. Around 80% of the time I try to draga window to the top of the screen to maximise it, I...
  7. Disable snapping to the middle third of the screen

Disable snapping to the middle third of the screen: Aero Snap is quite possibly the most infuriating feature you have added to Windows in the past few years, which given the amopunt of rubbish it is competing with is quite the achievement. Around 80% of the time I try to draga window to the top of the screen to maximise it, I...
  8. Disable 3 vertical windows snap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable 3 vertical windows snap: How do I disable the three vertical windows snap without disabling the useful windows snap options? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-3-vertical-windows-snap/f57b3972-6169-438e-80f9-dd9a9d9fbc69
  9. Disable 3 vertical windows snap

Disable 3 vertical windows snap: How do I disable the three vertical windows snap without disabling the useful windows snap options? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-3-vertical-windows-snap/f57b3972-6169-438e-80f9-dd9a9d9fbc69
  10. Windows 11: Disable Automatic Resizing of "Snapped Windows"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Disable Automatic Resizing of "Snapped Windows": I have recently updated from Windows 10 to 11. On Windows 10, I had to manually select to disable the feature that would resize two windows when I wished to only resize one I do prefer an active window to overlap an inactive one, most of the time. On Windows 10, the option to...