Windows 10: Disabling SnoopWare

Discus and support Disabling SnoopWare in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am using a W10 computer to run a small health device. It runs W10 Home, and doesn't need much to run it and I won't be running much other than that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pranaman, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Disabling SnoopWare

I am using a W10 computer to run a small health device. It runs W10 Home, and doesn't need much to run it and I won't be running much other than that one program, and maybe Brave browser. I'm not very trusting of windows updates, and they activate automatically. To stop that, it seems to be quite convoluted.

I read I must activate gpedit.msc, which is not native to W10. So, I got it, then got errors running it, Snap In not working, seems more to do, edit the registry, blah blah blah.

How do I:

really turn off the auto-updates and thoroughly check for and disable any snoop-ware, spyware, tracking, etc, and although it will be online, make it as private as possible?

submitted by /u/pranaman
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pranaman, Jan 18, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Disabling Synaptic touchpad in Windows 10, and why it won't stay disabled. For a left handed person, it is disruptive.

Hi,

If you wish to disable your touchpad, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows Key +X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Synaptic touchpad driver and select Disable.
    • Click OK to confirm and check with the issue.

Please reply us with the status to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Disabling SnoopWare

How to disable the touchpad.

Hi Ralph,

There are a lot of factors for this issue to occur. To
    isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occur?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If it is a tablet, the touchpad will not be disabled as a design. For more accurate information, we suggest that
    you contact your manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how
    everything goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Disabling SnoopWare

1. Disabling SnoopWare - Similar Threads - Disabling SnoopWare

2. how to disable copilot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable copilot: copilot opens everytime i brush against the right side of my touchpad. i'm not going to use it and it's annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-copilot/84524c81-c6b3-40be-a08f-2b8be87bf385
  3. how to disable copilot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to disable copilot: copilot opens everytime i brush against the right side of my touchpad. i'm not going to use it and it's annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-copilot/84524c81-c6b3-40be-a08f-2b8be87bf385
  4. How to get and set the status of Enable or Disable Cellular Data Roaming in Windows 11, in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get and set the status of Enable or Disable Cellular Data Roaming in Windows 11, in...: How to get and set the status of Enable or Disable Cellular Data Roaming in Windows 11, in the code of a UWP application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-and-set-the-status-of-enable-or-disable/c841f242-d7cc-4ba6-bce4-23b5830d4ed1
  5. How to get and set the status of Enable or Disable Cellular Data Roaming in Windows 11, in...

How to get and set the status of Enable or Disable Cellular Data Roaming in Windows 11, in...: How to get and set the status of Enable or Disable Cellular Data Roaming in Windows 11, in the code of a UWP application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-and-set-the-status-of-enable-or-disable/c841f242-d7cc-4ba6-bce4-23b5830d4ed1
  6. Hi how can we disable this incredibly annoying finger print login prompts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi how can we disable this incredibly annoying finger print login prompts?: Hey we are at a school and we all share laptops, yet this lenova windows 11 laptop is constantly asking for a finger print login setup!How do I permanently disable it? I already have a login password which is more than i even want!thanks...
  7. Hi how can we disable this incredibly annoying finger print login prompts?

Hi how can we disable this incredibly annoying finger print login prompts?: Hey we are at a school and we all share laptops, yet this lenova windows 11 laptop is constantly asking for a finger print login setup!How do I permanently disable it? I already have a login password which is more than i even want!thanks...
  8. Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....: If anyone have idea about this, please comment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-wifi-option-gets-disabled-when-i-use-the/90c88825-bc5f-4dac-b93d-8d1019621aaa
  9. Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....

Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....: If anyone have idea about this, please comment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-wifi-option-gets-disabled-when-i-use-the/90c88825-bc5f-4dac-b93d-8d1019621aaa
  10. How to disable content adaptive brightness on a desktop on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable content adaptive brightness on a desktop on Windows 11?: HiI have a new desktop PC running Windows 11 with an NVIDIA Geforce 4060 Ti graphics card. Whenever I open a program with a dark background, the screen automatically dims, to the extent that the content is very hard to read. This is annoying for some apps but renders e.g....