Windows 10: disabling some microsoft services to reduce running service and improve performance

Discus and support disabling some microsoft services to reduce running service and improve performance in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; so I have tried disabling some services through: msconfig and services.msc but they still run after restarting my pc, am using the 1909 win10 build,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mhazter Emmanuel Moses, May 24, 2020.

1. disabling some microsoft services to reduce running service and improve performance

so I have tried disabling some services through: msconfig and services.msc but they still run after restarting my pc, am using the 1909 win10 build, can I get any other way/method of disabling -> Microsoft update, Microsoft passport and Microsoft passport container?

:)

Mhazter Emmanuel Moses, May 24, 2020
  2. LMiller7 Win User

Advise on disabling services

Why do you wish to disable system services?

The problem is that there are many services on your list that may cause problems if disabled. Nobody can know for certain which ones they are. It would take a long time to go through the list to make even an educated guess about each service. And that guess may be wrong. Microsoft does not publish a full description of what each service does. A service may be safe to disable today but may cause problems after the next Windows update, or after the next application you install, or after the next update to an application. There will likely be no obvious relationship with the problem to the disabled service, or even that the problem had anything to do with a service at all. Most applications that rely on a service will simply fail if it is not running with no hint of the cause.

LMiller7, May 24, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Improving the Microsoft Services Agreement and Privacy Statement

Source: Improving the Microsoft Services Agreement and Privacy Statement for consumers - The Official Microsoft Blog

Brink, May 24, 2020
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

disabling some microsoft services to reduce running service and improve performance

text services framework not running

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the make and model of your system?
    2. What is the issue you are facing with the detachable keyboard?
    3. Are you receiving any error code or error message?
    4. What are the troubleshooting steps that you have already performed?

The Text Services Framework is a COM framework and an API in the Windows operating systems, that supports advanced text input and text processing. Since the Text Services Framework is not running, I would suggest
    you to follow the steps below and check if it works for you.

1. Click on Start, type
      cmd, Right-click on it and select Run as administrator. This will open the
      Command Prompt for you.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter.
      Command: schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\TextServicesFramework\MsCtfMonitor" /Enable
    3. Next type the following command and press Enter.
      Command: schtasks /Run /TN "Microsoft\Windows\TextServicesFramework\MsCtfMonitor"
    4. Once both the commands have been executed successfully, please close the Command Prompt.
    5. Restart the system and check.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, May 24, 2020
Thema:

disabling some microsoft services to reduce running service and improve performance

1. disabling some microsoft services to reduce running service and improve performance - Similar Threads - disabling microsoft services

2. Services disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Services disabled: I have a Dell Alienware Aurora 13. I have had instability issues and 3 crashes since I owned it. Recently when I went to start some programs that had worked in the past i discovered that they plus many others were disabled in the services list. Why would this happen? i had...
  3. Services disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Services disabled: I have a Dell Alienware Aurora 13. I have had instability issues and 3 crashes since I owned it. Recently when I went to start some programs that had worked in the past i discovered that they plus many others were disabled in the services list. Why would this happen? i had...
  4. Unable to connect to some microsoft services

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to connect to some microsoft services: Recently I got the Xbox game pass on pc to play some games, where I discovered that games that verify my login info are unable to connect me to xbox live. After further investigation and troubleshooting, I have found out that I am completely unable to log into another account...
  5. Poor Performance due to Irrelevant Services Running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Poor Performance due to Irrelevant Services Running: I own few Low End Systems, i am quite fed up with illogical Services ruining my experience on a already cut-throat system, i want a proper triggered execution of services, for example on this system from which i am typing this, this laptop has no biometric devices such as...
  6. Disabling ms services to improve Gaming performance

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disabling ms services to improve Gaming performance: so I have tried disabling some services through: msconfig and services.msc but they still run after restarting my pc, am using the 1909 win10 build, can I get any other way/method of disabling -> Microsoft update, Microsoft passport and Microsoft passport container?...
  7. Will disabling windows font cache service impact performance?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Will disabling windows font cache service impact performance?: Im using NexusFonts and windows font cache service makes it painfully slow. When i searched for solution for this, every solution i came across suggest to disable Windows Font Cache Service. And it does solves the problem and while before nexus fonts takes about 2min to...
  8. Disable Services

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Services: Hi, I wanna disable some services because I want & I have to do so. Just to be on the safe side, I need your comments if these are safe and conflict free? If you're on lack of sure information on each one, please don't increase your post counts :) --- 1 AJRouter - AllJoyn...
  9. msconfig-- service running but disabled?

in Windows 10 Support
    msconfig-- service running but disabled?: My first new thread and pictures speak louder than words: [img] Windows Defender is shown both running AND disabled. I have no third-party security or firewall. I am unable to select this service here (msconfig)-(but rightly set as 'Automatic' in services.msc) nor am I...
  10. Improving the Microsoft Services Agreement and Privacy Statement

in Windows 10 News
    Improving the Microsoft Services Agreement and Privacy Statement: What do Windows, Skype, Xbox Live and OneDrive have in common? One simpler service agreement and privacy statement from Microsoft. In a world of more personalized computing, customers need meaningful transparency and privacy protections. And those aren’t possible unless we...