Windows 10: disabling speakers ,virtual cable use & hearing audio from PC Speakers

Discus and support disabling speakers ,virtual cable use & hearing audio from PC Speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have software that requires the use of a Virtual Cable, in order to get the sound from the Internet source into this software I must disable the PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alok, Dec 20, 2019.

1. alok Win User

disabling speakers ,virtual cable use & hearing audio from PC Speakers

I have software that requires the use of a Virtual Cable, in order to get the sound from the Internet source into this software I must disable the PC speakers and enable the Virtual Cable IN ,under Windows 10 user interface PLAYBACK audio setup . . . this puts the audio from the Internet source into the Virtual Cable IN . . . the Virtual Cable OUT under Windows 10 user interface RECORDING audio setup then goes into this software . . . this all works perfect because I can see the info from the audio displayed in this software I am using.
    But I cannot hear any audio from the PC speakers , the software lets you choose PC SPEAKERS for its OUTPUT . . . but I hear no audio from my PC Speakers.
    My question , to feed audio into the Virtual Cable IN I need to disable the PC Speakers as a Playback device , so does this totally disable my speakers at this point ?
    The software on its OUTPUT suppose to, feed audio to my PC Speakers , you have that choice and I enabled it ,will it do this even though the PC Speakers are disabled under the Windows 10 user interface Playback audio settings because of the Virtual Cable IN
    I am wondering if this is why I hear no audio from PC Speakers ???
    Al

:)

2. topgundcp Win User

Adding external speakers

Depending on the built in sound device on the MB. Some support 2.1/5.1/7.1 and also optical audio out. Just plug in the cable that comes with the speaker to it then switch the sound output for the speaker.
    1. Sound input to speakers
    2. Some high end speakers support digital sound then you would use an optical cable.
    3. Sound input to TV using HDMI cable

disabling speakers ,virtual cable use & hearing audio from PC Speakers [​IMG]

topgundcp, Dec 20, 2019
  3. LemP Win User
    Disable PC speakers

Based on your comment that "We could open up each PC and detach the cable from motherboard to the speaker," it seems that you're referring to the speaker built in to most PCs.

This speaker is hardly ever used these days; it's primarily used for motherboard "beep codes." However, if you want to disable it, see

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000725.htm
    For command line or registry options, see

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-system-beep-windows-7-8

If you're referring to external speakers, just disconnect them and take them away.

4. disabling speakers ,virtual cable use & hearing audio from PC Speakers

Unable to Hear Sound From Bluetooth Speakers.

Hi Philipp,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below listed questions and get back to us.

1) Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

2) Check if your Windows is up-to-date by going to Settings
    > Update and Security > Windows Updates and install all the Windows Updates if there are any.

3) Have you connected your Bluetooth speakers and the headphones to the computer and then trying to listen the audio from your Bluetooth speakers?

Meanwhile, try the below troubleshooting methods.

Method 1: Fix Bluetooth Problems.

You can follow the section Audio under Troubleshoot problems with Bluetooth accessories mentioned in

Fix Bluetooth Problems
    and see if this helps.

Method 2: Disconnect and Add the Bluetooth Speakers.

Step 1: Go to Settings >
    Devices > Bluetooth and other devices.

Step 2: Then, click on your Bluetooth Speakers and click on
    Remove device and click on Yes to confirm.

Step 3: Then, turn off your Bluetooth Speakers completely and restart the computer once.

Step 4: Then, follow the steps mentioned in

Connect a Bluetooth device
    to again connect your Bluetooth Speakers to your computer and check if you are able to hear from your Bluetooth Speakers.

Method 3: Change the Playback Device.

Note: If you have plugged in your headphones and then trying to hear the audio from the Bluetooth Speakers, then you may need to change the playback device or remove the headphones from your computer and see if you are
    able to hear the audio from the Bluetooth Speakers.

Step 1: Right-click on the
    Sound icon from your taskbar and click on Sounds.

Step 2: Then, go to Playback tab and click on your
    Bluetooth Speakers > Click on Set Default and see if you are able to hear from your Bluetooth Speakers.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

disabling speakers ,virtual cable use & hearing audio from PC Speakers

1. disabling speakers ,virtual cable use & hearing audio from PC Speakers - Similar Threads - disabling speakers virtual

2. Audio from speakers not working with HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio from speakers not working with HDMI cable: I just bought a Minis Forum UM690 with Windows 11. My setup is really easy, my pc is connected to the monitor with an HDMI cable and the speakers are connected to the monitor with a jack cable. In the audio settings as default I have "Digital Audio HDMI" with the image of the...
  3. Audio from speakers not working with HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio from speakers not working with HDMI cable: I just bought a Minis Forum UM690 with Windows 11. My setup is really easy, my pc is connected to the monitor with an HDMI cable and the speakers are connected to the monitor with a jack cable. In the audio settings as default I have "Digital Audio HDMI" with the image of the...
  4. Cannot hear input audio in speaker or headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot hear input audio in speaker or headset: HelloI have connected 2 different audio input devices in turn both by USB cable and 3.5 jack line in.In the sound settings windows tab I have correctly selected the input device and I can see the volume bar indicator showing it is receiving the audioas it moves up and down...
  5. Cannot hear input audio in speaker or headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot hear input audio in speaker or headset: HelloI have connected 2 different audio input devices in turn both by USB cable and 3.5 jack line in.In the sound settings windows tab I have correctly selected the input device and I can see the volume bar indicator showing it is receiving the audioas it moves up and down...
  6. Hearing audio through speakers and headphones simultaneously

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hearing audio through speakers and headphones simultaneously: Aight so I have headphones and my laptop speaker. I had problems with my headphones where when I plugged them in while the laptop was on it didnt detect them. However I fixed that issue by uninstalling 'Realtek R Audio' which in the Sound Control Panel was the name of my...
  7. no audio sounds from speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    no audio sounds from speakers: no audio sounds from speakers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-sounds-from-speakers/52202ebc-2489-4dc7-8a36-21f4b36e39e2
  8. No audio from internal speakers

No audio from internal speakers: I am running Windows 10 on an HP Spectre x360. My audio driver is the Realtek. Over the past month or so the internal microphone and speakers in my laptop have not been working. Sometimes they work for 5-10 minutes in the morning after I hadn't been on it in a while. After...
  9. PC speakers with long cables between speakers

PC speakers with long cables between speakers: Hi, I’m looking for very long speaker cables between both sets of speakers. Everything online is like a 1m. I need atleast 2m. Does anyone know a brand that does long cables between the speakers? Thanks 154907
  10. No audio from my speakers

No audio from my speakers: I cant get my speakers to work. The power is on (speaker light on) volume at max. The jack plug is in the centre of the 3 sockets at the lower back of the PC panel Original Title: I can't make my speakers work. They are connect by a jack plug to the middle of the 3...