Windows 10: Disabling Tablet mode

Discus and support Disabling Tablet mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop is stack at Tablet mode. I can't use the start button and the calendar short cut. How can i disable tablet mode?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JULIUS MIHESOATSIAYA, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Disabling Tablet mode

My laptop is stack at Tablet mode. I can't use the start button and the calendar short cut. How can i disable tablet mode?

:)

JULIUS MIHESOATSIAYA, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Jan 14, 2020
  3. How do I permanently disable tablet mode in Windows 10?

Hi Chris,

Based on your description, it appears that the changes you made on the tablet mode settings did not retain.

Kindly provide us the following information to assist you better with your concern.

• Were you able to disable tablet mode before without disabling it all over again?
    • Have you checked with other Windows 10 computers if the same issue is happening?
    • To when are you encountering the issue? After you have restarted your device or right after disabling tablet mode?

For the meantime, let me share with you the steps below that should disable your tablet mode.

• On your Cortana, type 'tablet mode', and then press
      Enter
    • Select Table mode.
    • Under 'When I sign in', choose Use desktop mode.
    • Under 'When this device automatically switches tablet mode on or off', click
      Don's ask me and don't switch

See below screenshot for reference.

Disabling Tablet mode 73d93a8f-f30d-40b8-a18c-57a7ed60dfa4.jpg

Looking forward to your response.

Jhessica Sur, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Disabling Tablet mode

Windows !0 tablet keyboard issue

Hi Philip,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if the tablet mode is enabled.

I suggest you to disable the tablet mode and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type setting in the search area in the task bar and select
      Settings.

• Select on System option.

• Select Tablet mode in the left panel of system Windows.

• Toggle off the tablet mode.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Disabling Tablet mode

1. Disabling Tablet mode - Similar Threads - Disabling Tablet mode

2. How to disable tablet mode on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable tablet mode on windows 11?: I have upgraded to windows 11 from windows 10. Win 10 used to provide me a feature to turn tablet mode off. However after upgrading to win 11, i miss this feature badly. It unnecessarily annoys me as I still wish to use the desktop features after folding my hp pavilion 360....
  3. How to disable tablet mode on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable tablet mode on windows 11?: I have upgraded to windows 11 from windows 10. Win 10 used to provide me a feature to turn tablet mode off. However after upgrading to win 11, i miss this feature badly. It unnecessarily annoys me as I still wish to use the desktop features after folding my hp pavilion 360....
  4. Tablet Mode Occurring when it is Disabled in Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet Mode Occurring when it is Disabled in Settings: Hi I have a few users that are entering tablet mode even though the laptop itself is not folded into a tablet and the option is disabled within Windows Settings.Has anyone seen this issue before?And if they have, what is the cause and fix?Cheers...
  5. Tablet Mode Occurring when it is Disabled in Settings

Tablet Mode Occurring when it is Disabled in Settings: Hi I have a few users that are entering tablet mode even though the laptop itself is not folded into a tablet and the option is disabled within Windows Settings.Has anyone seen this issue before?And if they have, what is the cause and fix?Cheers...
  6. Tablet Mode Occurring when it is Disabled in Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. tablet mode

tablet mode: I was playing genshin impact on my laptop and wanted to try it with tablet mode so I flipped the screen to turn on tablet mode the game was open so it adjusted to the screen vertically and when I switched back the game screen was stuck and don't know what to do but this is...
  8. tablet mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    tablet mode: I saw my brother use the tablet mode but he does not want to tell me how I put it, they could help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tablet-mode/417db7cb-1d88-41a7-bcf4-ac007ef5a73f
  9. Tablet Mode

Tablet Mode: Tablet Mode doesn"t work Windows 10 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/tablet-mode/20aaec50-f38f-4066-a10f-8fa9bb6a02b7
  10. Disable start menu in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable start menu in tablet mode: I really wanna use tablet mode for my HTPC. The onscreen keyboard is perfect for my purposes. The only problem is that the start menu will pop up over certain applications at times. Is there any way to disable it altogether or default to the desktop when no apps are open?...