Windows 10: Disabling Taskbar on multiple monitors is leaving a white space.

Discus and support Disabling Taskbar on multiple monitors is leaving a white space. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows version 1903 : 18362.535 So I'm used to working with 7, my Mum got a laptop recently with 10 on it, and since I'll need to switch to 10 mid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Xirix, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Xirix Win User

Disabling Taskbar on multiple monitors is leaving a white space.

Windows version 1903 : 18362.535

So I'm used to working with 7, my Mum got a laptop recently with 10 on it, and since I'll need to switch to 10 mid January, I've been playing around with it to try and make it more how I like it.

I just set it up with the HDMI cable so she can watch videos on the TV with multiple monitors. I right clicked the Taskbar and went to taskbar settings to disable showing the taskbar on the second monitor, but it's just left an ugly white line where the taskbar used to be.

How can I make it so the desktop image covers this white bar?

:)

Xirix, Dec 27, 2019

2. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Auto-hide taskbar on second monitor only.

Hello,

Please let us know which build are you currently in?

If you are in build number: 14342, I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and Go to
      settings

• Click on the taskbar option.

• Under Multiple displays you can turn off the option for
      Show taskbar on all displays.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Disabling Taskbar on multiple monitors is leaving a white space.

How to auto-hide taskbar of the second monitor keeping unhide in the primary monitor?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to auto-hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

Steps:

1. Right click on the taskbar and select
    Properties.

2. In the Taskbar tab under
    Multiple displays, Uncheck the Show taskbar on all displays box.

3. Click on Apply
    and Ok.

This will display the taskbar only on the primary monitor.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Disabling Taskbar on multiple monitors is leaving a white space.

1. Disabling Taskbar on multiple monitors is leaving a white space. - Similar Threads - Disabling Taskbar multiple

2. How to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar ?: Hello world,I would like to retrieve the old way to move the taskbar as it use to be on Windows 10 and other windows before.Having the main monitor for the programs and the secondary for taskbar, tools, browsers, etc is the most comfortable to use for me.Using windowskey +...
  3. How to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar ?: Hello world,I would like to retrieve the old way to move the taskbar as it use to be on Windows 10 and other windows before.Having the main monitor for the programs and the secondary for taskbar, tools, browsers, etc is the most comfortable to use for me.Using windowskey +...
  4. no option to show taskbar on multiple monitor

no option to show taskbar on multiple monitor: Hi, I just freshly reinstall Win 11 because I ran into some problem. And while I config things around I notice there is no option to show taskbar on my second monitor....
  5. Tiny white space in taskbar [Windows 11]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tiny white space in taskbar [Windows 11]: I noticed this tiny white space in taskbar, is it a bug or it's mean to be here? I saw on other people and they don't have it.How can i removed this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tiny-white-space-in-taskbar-windows-11/5dcec237-f8da-445a-9c04-0b88feb271d9
  6. Tiny white space in taskbar [Windows 11]

Tiny white space in taskbar [Windows 11]: I noticed this tiny white space in taskbar, is it a bug or it's mean to be here? I saw on other people and they don't have it.How can i removed this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tiny-white-space-in-taskbar-windows-11/5dcec237-f8da-445a-9c04-0b88feb271d9
  7. Move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar: Hi.I would really appreciate more taskbar positioning options for the taskbar in Windows 11. I would really like to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar. If it is possible to do, I would really appreciate to know how. I already...
  8. Move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar

Move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar: Hi.I would really appreciate more taskbar positioning options for the taskbar in Windows 11. I would really like to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar. If it is possible to do, I would really appreciate to know how. I already...
  9. Taskbar on multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar on multiple monitors: My work computer was recently upgraded to windows 10. On previous version I used a 3rd party software to extend the taskbar onto 2nd monitor. I liked that ONLY those active tasks displayed on the 2nd monitor, since I do not want icons for tasks opened on primary monitor...
  10. multiple monitors taskbar issues

in Windows 10 Support
    multiple monitors taskbar issues: I have three monitors, for the longest time, the second monitor (Not the main monitor, Monitor one) Has for some reason had the main task bar lock to it, meaning the task bar with the main icons, clock, etc on it. Its been like this for as long as I can remember, then...