Windows 10: Disabling the "automatic rotation lock disabling"

Discus and support Disabling the "automatic rotation lock disabling" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Can I somehow disable the rotation lock greying out? I want to always choose if automatic rotation should be on or off. Basically I want so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by glegsglaw, Nov 24, 2019.

1. glegsglaw Win User

Disabling the "automatic rotation lock disabling"

Hello

Can I somehow disable the rotation lock greying out? I want to always choose if automatic rotation should be on or off.

Basically I want so that computer NEVER decides if rotation lock should be on or off and I always need to decide if its on or off.

Disabling the "automatic rotation lock disabling" 9d91d9ab-3394-4840-afdb-96cbb403ffb4?upload=true.png

(That rotation lock doesnt need to be greyed out for me.)

:)

glegsglaw, Nov 24, 2019

2. Screen rotation not working, rotation lock disabled

Thanks for the reply. I made the registry changed described in option 4. I'm not sure if that helped, it makes sense that s/b enabled in the registry for auto-rotation to work, but it seems like display rotation setting gets set to "locked" when the ymc service is running. If I restart it, when the service is trying stop, the rotation lock setting becomes enabled and I can change it. But, the moment service is running again, rotation lock is spontaneously turned on, and the control on the page to toggle this setting becomes grayed out/disabled, and I can't turn off rotation lock.

I've set the startup type for the ymc service to "manual". I guess I could disable it, but I'm not sure what that might do. I guess that service disables the keys when in tablet mode, not sure what else.

pseudoware, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Screen rotation not working, rotation lock disabled

Unlike Windows 8.1, the screen on my Yoga 2 Pro doesn't rotate when I turn the device upside down to "tent" mode after installing Windows 10. When swiping right to show the Action Center, the Rotation Lock tile is disabled, as is this setting in the Control Panel. Anyone else experience this, and is there a solution? Thanks.

pseudoware, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Disabling the "automatic rotation lock disabling"

Disabling screen rotation ?

Hi Danish12,

Welcome to the forum! :catvery-happy:

Upon verifying, the phone's screen rotation is designed to activate automatically; there's no option to disable it. Though this feature is not currently available, we'll take it as a suggestion from you.

Let us know if you need further help. ::smileyhappy:

carlogimenez, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Disabling the "automatic rotation lock disabling"

1. Disabling the "automatic rotation lock disabling" - Similar Threads - Disabling automatic rotation

2. Can a repeater ,lock up or become disabled automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a repeater ,lock up or become disabled automatically: When I bought both repeaters, they both worked great, but I reset both of them several times, and that's when they like "locked up"do they lock or become disabled, after resetting them a number of times, because that's when they both become unable to reset again, they like...
  3. Can a repeater ,lock up or become disabled automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can a repeater ,lock up or become disabled automatically: When I bought both repeaters, they both worked great, but I reset both of them several times, and that's when they like "locked up"do they lock or become disabled, after resetting them a number of times, because that's when they both become unable to reset again, they like...
  4. How to disable Automatic Screen Rotation in Windows 10 devices

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Automatic Screen Rotation in Windows 10 devices: [ATTACH]Automatic Screen Rotation is common for those who use big screen devices like phones and laptops to read stuff or watch videos. If your device is equipped with gyroscope sensors and an accelerometer, Windows 10 has the power to rotate the screen to either a portrait...
  5. Rotation Lock disabled on Lenovo Yoga 730 using Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rotation Lock disabled on Lenovo Yoga 730 using Windows 10: My Rotation Lock is permanently disabled on Lenovo Yoga 730 using Windows 10 and I am not able to change it. Is there some sort of setting or trick to enable this feature?...
  6. How to disable rotation lock?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable rotation lock?: I'm trying to enable rotation lock but the option is greyed out. Following solutions I tried were to restart as well as temporarily put the computer in portrait. 147164
  7. Disable Automatic Cascading?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable Automatic Cascading?: After sitting idle for a bit, my PC decides that it wants to automatically Cascade all of my windows, including fullscreen windows such as Spotify. How do I go about disabling this? submitted by /u/comrade-pancake [link] [comments]...
  8. How to disable Windows 10 Automatic Lock Screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable Windows 10 Automatic Lock Screen?: After windows update, windows would automatically lock the screen and require password to login again. I walk away from my desk for a minute, the screen is locked. I walk to the printer for a minute, I need to lock in with password again. This is utterly annoying and...
  9. Screen rotation not working, rotation lock disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen rotation not working, rotation lock disabled: Unlike Windows 8.1, the screen on my Yoga 2 Pro doesn't rotate when I turn the device upside down to "tent" mode after installing Windows 10. When swiping right to show the Action Center, the Rotation Lock tile is disabled, as is this setting in the Control Panel. Anyone else...
  10. want to disable auto rotate

in Windows 10 Support
    want to disable auto rotate: Hi I have an HP Pavillion touchscreen laptop running windows 10. I want to lie on my side in bed and watch a movie, so I want the screen to stay in landscape mode, but I cannot figure out how to do this. I cannot find any checkbox in the intel graphics control panel for...