Windows 10: Disabling the screen lock after a period of user inactivity

Discus and support Disabling the screen lock after a period of user inactivity in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi How can you turn off the screen lock when the user is inactive on the computer for a while? During this time, nothing is done on the computer and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by markoshack, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Disabling the screen lock after a period of user inactivity

Hi How can you turn off the screen lock when the user is inactive on the computer for a while? During this time, nothing is done on the computer and the screen lock is activated. It is Windows 10 - 21H2 Is it possible to disable the screen lock for all users who log in to the selected computer? The computer is in the domain. Managed by GPO

:)

markoshack, Aug 3, 2022
  2. chrislee Win User

Disable inactive lock screen.

Good afternoon,

I've got a feeling I'm missing something really basic but I am unable to disable the lock screen that appears after approx 5 minutes of inactivity.
    I've used registry and deactivated it following tutorials but that has only stopped the lock screen on start up.

I'm sure I've got it turned off in settings but it still appears.
    Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
    Chris.

Windows 10 Home.

chrislee, Aug 3, 2022
  3. Windows 10 locks after inactivity

We have two computers that act as registers at my place of business that we need to not go to the lock screen due to inactivity. Using the GPOs on the domain server I've applied GPOs to disable password protecting the screen saver as well as to not require
    a password on wake up.

On one computer it works on the other it does not and the computer continues to lock. I've checked the rsop.msc as well as the power plan settings and they are all correctly set. I've also tried completely disabling the screen saver and it still goes to the
    lock screen after inactivity. Doesn't even sleep just locks. The only difference between these two systems is that the one that doesn't work is 32bit (no idea if that has anything to do with it) but it only started locking after upgrading to windows 10. Windows
    7 was fine.

If anyone has any suggestions or an answer I have been unable to find anything related to this subject where the suggestion isn't just to disbable lock on screen saver, disable the screen saver, or disable lock screen on wakeup in the power settings. (All of
    these have been done)

NateSorensen, Aug 3, 2022
  4. Disabling the screen lock after a period of user inactivity

Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

Hi Edward,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if lock screen feature is enabled on the computer.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• What is the edition of Windows 10 installed on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable the lock screen and check if it helps.

How to disable Lock screen on Windows 10 group policy:

If wanted to turn off lock screen pictures, then I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off lock screen pictures through group policy editor.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "gpedit.msc" without the quotes in the run box and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Then follow the path below:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization

4. Now on the right side, Double click that
    Do not display the lock screen
    option.

5. Set the option as Enabled.

6. Click on Apply and then click on
    Ok.

7. Close Group policy editor and restart your computer.

Note: The above steps is applicable to Windows 10 pro version.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with disabling lock screen on the computer, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 3, 2022
Thema:

Disabling the screen lock after a period of user inactivity

1. Disabling the screen lock after a period of user inactivity - Similar Threads - Disabling screen lock

2. Keyboard keys not working after a period of inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard keys not working after a period of inactivity: Good morning, my keyboard has been working properly ever since i bought it, but in the last few days it seems to have a problem.The keys: W, A, S, D, Q, E, *spacebar*, don't work after I don't press them for a while, and start working after just a few seconds, depending on...
  3. Disabling the screen lock after a period of user inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling the screen lock after a period of user inactivity: Hi How can you turn off the screen lock when the user is inactive on the computer for a while? During this time, nothing is done on the computer and the screen lock is activated. It is Windows 10 - 21H2 Is it possible to disable the screen lock for all users who log in to the...
  4. Disabling the screen lock after a period of user inactivity

Disabling the screen lock after a period of user inactivity: Hi How can you turn off the screen lock when the user is inactive on the computer for a while? During this time, nothing is done on the computer and the screen lock is activated. It is Windows 10 - 21H2 Is it possible to disable the screen lock for all users who log in to the...
  5. No password prompt after period of inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No password prompt after period of inactivity: My computer doesn't automatically lock.I have tried all possible settings and it does not lock after a period of inactivity unless I restart my computer.If I leave my laptop unused for a day and then turn it on, it automatically displays content exactly how i left it. This...
  6. No password prompt after period of inactivity

No password prompt after period of inactivity: My computer doesn't automatically lock.I have tried all possible settings and it does not lock after a period of inactivity unless I restart my computer.If I leave my laptop unused for a day and then turn it on, it automatically displays content exactly how i left it. This...
  7. lock screen slide show inactive after a period of inactivity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lock screen slide show inactive after a period of inactivity: Hello everyone! The one problem I have is that I set the slideshow to the lock screen and let it show if I don't use the computer for 5 minutes. Normally, after 5 minutes, the lock screen will appear and the slideshow starts but my computer turns off the screen. Only when I...
  8. Windows 10 automatic lock after short period of inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 automatic lock after short period of inactivity: Hi, About a month ago my laptop hp pavilion started to log itself off after a minute or so of inactivity. I have had this laptop for two years and this problem had never occurred. All the screen time out settings are on never and the power plan is set all to never too....
  9. After a period of inactivity, program goes black?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After a period of inactivity, program goes black?: Hi, After I turn on my laptop from sleep when I've been gone for a period of time, one of the open windows ends up going black. Generally this happens with Chrome, but sometimes it happens with Discord and other programs. Could someone point me to help? Thanks submitted by...
  10. Disable inactive lock screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable inactive lock screen.: Good afternoon, I've got a feeling I'm missing something really basic but I am unable to disable the lock screen that appears after approx 5 minutes of inactivity. I've used registry and deactivated it following tutorials but that has only stopped the lock screen on...