Windows 10: Disabling the "show desktop" button without third-party software?

Discus and support Disabling the "show desktop" button without third-party software? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title. Everywhere I look, I see people recommending something called 7+ taskbar to disable that button next to the clock. Turning peek off doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Guacas, Dec 7, 2019.

1. /u/Guacas Win User

Disabling the "show desktop" button without third-party software?

Title. Everywhere I look, I see people recommending something called 7+ taskbar to disable that button next to the clock. Turning peek off doesn't remove it either. I read that there's a registry entry controlling this apparently.

So how can this button be disabled without any third-party tools?

submitted by /u/Guacas
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Guacas, Dec 7, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Dec 7, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Show desktop button failing

If you rt click the tasbar, does clicking 'Show Desktop' work?

How about Win key + d?

Make sure this is on:

Disabling the "show desktop" button without third-party software? [​IMG]

One source suggests this to reregister the dll
    regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

Otherwise, as you say it's not working any more, do you have either
    - a system restore point
    - a disk image
    you created before this happened?

dalchina, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

How do I disable SpeedStep in Windows XP?

For WinXP go into the Power Applet in Control Panel and select the Always On option it will disable Speed Step. Right click your desktop > Click properties > Click Screen Saver > Power button > Change the Power Scheme to always on.

Namslas90, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Disabling the "show desktop" button without third-party software? - Similar Threads - Disabling show desktop

2. Installing third party software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing third party software: When trying to load TC2000 financial software I get the following errors: "Called Run Script when not marked in progress", followed by "Called Install Finalize when no install in progress". I have installed this software on Windows 10 machines with no errors. This only occurs...
  3. Installing third party software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing third party software: When trying to load TC2000 financial software I get the following errors: "Called Run Script when not marked in progress", followed by "Called Install Finalize when no install in progress". I have installed this software on Windows 10 machines with no errors. This only occurs...
  4. 'Wake' permissions for third party software?

'Wake' permissions for third party software?: I have a PVR card and associated software on my win 11 system. The PC is primarily used for OTA TV viewing, recording, streaming, and Blue ray/DVD playback. currently I'm working a couple issues with the PVR software. 1 I need to find the setting to allow that software to...
  5. 'Wake' permissions for third party software?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Wake' permissions for third party software?: I have a PVR card and associated software on my win 11 system. The PC is primarily used for OTA TV viewing, recording, streaming, and Blue ray/DVD playback. currently I'm working a couple issues with the PVR software. 1 I need to find the setting to allow that software to...
  6. how to mute mic without any third party software

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to mute mic without any third party software: how to mute mic without any third party software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-mute-mic-without-any-third-party-software/8367f5e7-90c0-4eea-afac-ae618c9fc9fd
  7. third party software update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    third party software update: I have a windows server 2012 standalone server and two user. one is normal user and another one is administrator user. Normal user have internet connection but administrator user have no internet access. In this situation how can I update third party software like "adobe "....
  8. Full backup without any third party software?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full backup without any third party software?: Im new to windows 10, but on my older HP laptop, there was a partition called recovery which basically helped me reinstall windows if my laptop got busted and my new one doesnt. So I was wondering if there is a tool thats already installed by MS or something to do the job....
  9. Online Activation of a third party software

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Online Activation of a third party software: Hi! I have this problem and don't know what to do. Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 21/01/2019 1:30:17 PM Event ID: 10016 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User:...
  10. Third party software installation

Third party software installation: My pc was working okay for alomost a year with WIndows 10 but now I have a problem on both my laptop and desktop with software not loading. I have tried loading some old software that I already have running and get the same error message required priviledge is not held...