Windows 10: Disabling the touchpad for Windows 10 update 1903

Discus and support Disabling the touchpad for Windows 10 update 1903 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Okay, so I've had the update for about a few weeks now, and I can't seem to disable my touchpad anymore. Before the update, I had the ability to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by J.Davis94, Jul 24, 2019.

1. J.Davis94 Win User

Disabling the touchpad for Windows 10 update 1903

Okay, so I've had the update for about a few weeks now, and I can't seem to disable my touchpad anymore.

Before the update, I had the ability to disable the touchpad whenever my mouse is connected. Now I've no longer got that option. What gives? I've gone under the settings MULTIPLE TIMES, I've tried uninstalling it several times, but every time I restart like I'm told it's still active. I've even tried looking for updates for the touchpad, but nothing works.

Can someone please help me understand what I'm missing or what I need to do, because I've been with Microsoft for years and I've never had as many headaches with an OS than I've had since upgrading to Windows 10. This latest update patch is only furthering my frustrations.

:)

J.Davis94, Jul 24, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Disabling touchpad gestures in Windows 10

Hi Andrzej,

Precision touchpad is one of the improvements recently brought to Windows 10 to support touch gestures. Is you device running on Windows Creators Update? If yes, follow the steps below to disable touchpad:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Ease of Access.
    • Click Touchpad.
    • Under Touchpad, toggle the switch on or off.
    • You can also uncheck the box beside Leave touchpad on the when a mouse is connectedoption to disable it when you use a traditional mouse.
    Once done with the steps above, check if the issue will persist.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jul 24, 2019
  3. After Windows 10 update, can no longer disable touchpad. Please help

Hi Feisty

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about disabling the touchpad after Windows Update, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Are you referring to November Update?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Do you have any issues with functionality of Touchpad?
    • Where exactly were you trying to search for disable option?

This issue might have happened because of corrupted/ outdated touchpad drivers after the update.

If you are unable to access touchpad, I suggest you to connect an external mouse to try the below.

Step 1: Follow the below steps for search for the disable option and try to turn if off.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Mouse.

• On the Device Settings tab of the
      Mouse Properties screen, click the Disable button to turn off the Touchpad.

• Restart the system and check.

Step 2: Update the Touchpad drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on each of the drivers and click on Update driver software.
    Also, try to search for the drivers from Manufacturer's website and try to install the drivers.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Disabling Synaptic touchpad in Windows 10, and why it won't stay disabled. For a left handed person, it is disruptive.

Hi,

If you wish to disable your touchpad, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows Key +X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Synaptic touchpad driver and select Disable.
    • Click OK to confirm and check with the issue.

Please reply us with the status to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Disabling the touchpad for Windows 10 update 1903 - Similar Threads - Disabling touchpad update

2. Touchpad + Windows 10 + Enable/Disable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad + Windows 10 + Enable/Disable: After the recent update, I am unable to disable/enable my touch-pad from neither the settings nor from the hot keys. The enable/disable option has been removed. why ? I really need to disable my touch-pad on-board mouse, as it is very problematic while typing/coding....
  3. update disabled on fresh win 10 1903

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    update disabled on fresh win 10 1903: I have installed fresh win 10 1903 and windows update downloads intel management engine which is not needed how do I uninstall it now 140642
  4. Cannot disable touchpad when using mouse since Windows 10 upgrade 1903

Cannot disable touchpad when using mouse since Windows 10 upgrade 1903: After upgrading to Windows 10 Version 1903 two things happened. 1) my setting to disable the touchpad when a usb mouse is connected was reset without my knowledge or OK. 2) The ability to change this setting disappeared entirely from the Device > Touchpad screen. So now I...
  5. Disabling the touchpad in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling the touchpad in Windows 10: I can't find the setting for disabling the touchpad. I looked in the settings for both the touchpad and the mouse. From what I read, there is supposed to be a setting for the mouse that says "Disable Touchpad when mouse is plugged in" or something like that, but that...
  6. Touchpad isn't working with Windows 10 1903

Touchpad isn't working with Windows 10 1903: I did a clean install of Windows 10 1903 and now the touchpad on my Laptop no longer works. It used to work great with 1809 and before. I've installed all the latest drivers for my Laptop, I've installed all the Windows Updates, Graphic Drivers, Sound Drivers etc. and the...
  7. Touchpad doesn't work in Windows 10 1903

Touchpad doesn't work in Windows 10 1903: I updated to the latest 1903 build (18362) from an iso file downloaded from Microsoft website. The upgrade ran smoothly. After everything is completed, I installed the latest updates from Windows Update. Then I noticed that scolling with touchpad doesn't work at all in Start...
  8. disable touchpad windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    disable touchpad windows 10: I had disabled my touchpad because I use a mouse. Now it is back again and can't seem to disable it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-touchpad-windows-10/f0f064aa-00de-46b0-81cb-41bff3fe0605
  9. Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Touchpad: I am unable to disable Touchpad Tapping on my new MSI GP63 Windows 10 laptop. I've found a previous post about this question with the following instructions: Go to Settings. Click on Personalization, then Themes. Select Mouse pointer settings. Then, click on the last tab...
  10. Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad, you may want to enable or disable on demand. This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the touchpad...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable touchpad windows 10 1903

2. can the touch pad on my HP be disabled with the latest update 1903 Windows 10

3. windows 10 1903 touchpad

4. windows 10 1903 disable touchpad gestures,
  5. disable touchpad windows 1903,
  6. how to disable touchpad in 1903 version,
  7. win 10 1903 disable touchpad on laptop with touch screen,
  8. turn off touchpad gestures windows 10 1903