Windows 10: Disabling touch pad synaptics

Discus and support Disabling touch pad synaptics in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using a dell PC and I am on the latest windows version. I have recently updated my drivers. I restarted my computer after. Edit: I have Synaptics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by likundai, Sep 17, 2020.

1. likundai Win User

Disabling touch pad synaptics

I am using a dell PC and I am on the latest windows version. I have recently updated my drivers. I restarted my computer after. Edit: I have Synaptics driver. I still have no option to disable touch pad in settings, control panel, and device manger. Why is there no disable option for touch pad while all of my other hard where does? How do I turn it off? The image below shows the settings menu for touch pad.
    Disabling touch pad synaptics 0ab02c21-47be-4c09-8886-1b377a511a8e?upload=true.jpg

:)

likundai, Sep 17, 2020
  2. asus1254 Win User

Disable Touch Pad.

Hi VolubleAbyss007,

Sorry you are still having problems, did you try what I suggested to do for NanWilliams1?

"Hi again NanWilliams1,

I hope this is the answer to your question, if you have any problems please let me know. I am by no means a computer tech but I like to keep at things until I get the desired result.

Firstly, click on the Windows symbol bottom left on task bar, scroll down and look for Synaptics Pointing Device, click on that. It will take you to Device Settings window where you highlight the Touch Pad, in doing that you will have the options to enable,
    disable or settings. Click on Disable-apply-ok. Make sure the box is ticked to disable pointing device when external USB pointing device is attached. RESTART COMPUTER.

If your Synaptics Touch Pad is missing from mouse settings please refer to this link to restore it.

How to Fix Synaptics TouchPad Settings Missing in Windows

Once the Synaptics Touch Pad driver is restored it should appear when you go back to Windows icon and scroll to find Synaptics, follow the information given to disable touch pad.

Hope this helps you."

Cheers

There is a few options to try in the link. Hope you have some success.

asus1254, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Synaptics touch pad

I have the same problem. I had installed synaptics pointing driver to disable touch pad while logitech mouse is plugining.

But affter the Window update, my synaptics pointing driver was disappear and when i try to reinstall it again, a message say:

"A newer version of the Synaptics Pointing Device Driver is installed. If you want to install the older version of the Driver, please uninstall the current Synaptics driver by selecting "Synaptics Pointing device" from the "Add/Remove Programs" Control Panel,
    then run Setup again"

I try to uninstall current touch pad driver but it doesn't work.

I think in the last update a new synaptics drivers has added as a built-in driver and non - uninstallable

Sea-hourse, Sep 17, 2020
  4. arliedog Win User

Disable touch pad after installing Windows 10

I have a Synaptics touch pad on my HP Envy laptop. Prior to upgrading to Windows 10 if I went to mouse in the control panel there was a checkbox to check to disable the touch pad if a external mouse was detected. This worked fine. Now under Windows 10 I can still check the box to disable the touch pad but the setting does not stick and has to be rechecked after every reboot. Is there a way to get this setting to stick? There is no disable setting in the device manager for the Synaptics touch pad.

arliedog, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Disabling touch pad synaptics - Similar Threads - Disabling touch pad

2. disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable touch pad: Trying to disable touch pad on HP computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-touch-pad/5444f394-2dbf-4eca-a224-78246b4fd0fd
  3. Disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable touch pad: How do I disable the touch pad on my laptop when I have an external pointing device mouse attached?There used to be a check box, but this no longer shown.I have found a way to disable the touch pad but every time I start my laptop again it is once again enabled.I have read...
  4. Disable touch pad

Disable touch pad: How do I disable the touch pad on my laptop when I have an external pointing device mouse attached?There used to be a check box, but this no longer shown.I have found a way to disable the touch pad but every time I start my laptop again it is once again enabled.I have read...
  5. Synaptics touch pad

Synaptics touch pad: Some time ago I updated my UEFI BIOS and since then I haven't had access to the settings for my touch pad. Have tried updating. Device manager/Huan Interface Devices show:-HID-compliant touch pad - driver 10.0.19041.868 but dated 21/06/06-12C HID Device-Microsoft Input...
  6. Synaptics touch pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Synaptics touch pad: Some time ago I updated my UEFI BIOS and since then I haven't had access to the settings for my touch pad. Have tried updating. Device manager/Huan Interface Devices show:-HID-compliant touch pad - driver 10.0.19041.868 but dated 21/06/06-12C HID Device-Microsoft Input...
  7. Synaptics touch pad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable touch pad: disable touch pad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-touch-pad/997b2e32-56f8-4509-8a81-b85222278f94
  9. Disable Touch Pad

Disable Touch Pad: How can I disable the touchpad on my new HP laptop when there is no touchpad tab under devices? I use a mouse exclusively, and have a difficult time not touching the touch pad when I type. It's really annoying to have to keep searching for my cursor....
  10. Synaptics touch pad

Synaptics touch pad: After the last Windows 10 update I can no longer disable my touch pad. I use a Logitech wireless mouse. The touch pad was disabled until the last update was installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/synaptics-touch-pad/24bcf1e4-9885-4e22-8dbc-c3fa96e4b863