Windows 10: Disabling Virus Protection Prog's That Came with New HP pc ?

Discus and support Disabling Virus Protection Prog's That Came with New HP pc ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, Hope i didn't ask this previously, but if I did, i can't find the Post anywhere. If so, I apologize, and will blame it on old-age now. Son has... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Robert11, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Robert11 Win User

Disabling Virus Protection Prog's That Came with New HP pc ?

Hello,

Hope i didn't ask this previously, but if I did, i can't find
    the Post anywhere. If so, I apologize, and will blame
    it on old-age now.

Son has a new HP W10 pc.

He would like to run it with Windows Defender, but apparently Windows Defender
    won't run if there are other virus protection programs running (or just installed even ?).

True ?

If so, how would he go about disabling, or better yet totally deleting all of them
    (probably McAfee) ?

General Question: Windows Defender usually considered "adequate" protection ?
    Is it "pretty good" these days ?

Thanks, Great Forum and Folks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Feb 7, 2019
  2. 7MM
    7mm Win User

Virus Protection

I'd Suggest You Better Skip The Idea of Using Those Security Suites. Better Use Some Free To Use Yet HIghly Rated For VIrus Protection Engines. Here's What I Suggest Top Three...

1. Avira AntiVir Personal Classic Edition
    2. Avast! Home Edition
    3. AVG Free

Avira Is Found To Trigger Less False Alarms Than Anyother AV (Even Paid Don't Have That Kind'a Accuracy), & Is Much Better Than some of The Paid Ones. Next Is Avast!, For It's Individual Scanner Protection & It's Unique VRDB (Virus Recovery Database) Feature.

If You're Looking For Firewall Protection Then Again, The Free Stuff Come To The Rescue.

1. ZoneAlarm Free
    2. Comodo Firewall Pro.
    3. PC Tools Firewall

We All Know How Good ZA Firewall Can Be..! Comodo Has Passed All The Leak Test That Can Be Serious For Your System Security. PC Tools Is Not New To The Scene Here, Still Has Very Good Firewall With Less Questions Asked, Recomended For NewBie.

3. Nonstop alerts about virus protection

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the operating system with the security notification on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software on your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message of this issue?
    • When exactly you get this error pop-up?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you have installed any third-party anti-virus software, I suggest you to disable it and check if it issue persists.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the third-party anti-virus software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Defender on your device and check if it helps.

Windows Defender is malware protection that is included with and built into Windows 10. This software helps identify and remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. So, you do not need to install any third party antivirus applications.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-protect-your-pc

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 7, 2019
  4. entryman Win User

Can I disable only the "Update virus protection" notifications?

I have a Windows 10 VM and if it's not connected for more than a day there is a notification to update virus protection. It's getting a little annoying. The solutions I have found by searching suggest disabling virus notifications entirely but I don't want to do that. All I want to do is disable these notifications that say Windows anti-virus is out of date. Is that possible?

Is anyone else running a Windows 10 in a VM and how do you deal with this?

Thanks

entryman, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Disabling Virus Protection Prog's That Came with New HP pc ? - Similar Threads - Disabling Virus Protection

2. Viruses on new HP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Viruses on new HP: Hi need some help urgently My daughter has a new HP laptop which is now coming up saying its got lots of virus etc, I had to take it out of S mode to install some printer drivers, but forgot to turn this back on !It's saying contact Microsoft on a very weird number and McAfee...
  3. How to disable Virus & Threat Protection notifications

How to disable Virus & Threat Protection notifications: I'm using the below settings and yet, I'm receiving the notification also seen below every time a full scan has been completed. Even when no threats were found.Not sure if it's a bug or something I missed?I'm on Windows 10 21H1....
  4. W10 Pro Virus and Threat protection "Disabled by IT"

W10 Pro Virus and Threat protection "Disabled by IT": Alright, heres the deal, I'm trying to gain access to the Virus and Threat protection page.Virus and threat protection are "not available" because my "IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app". I have: Used powershell in admin with "Set-MpPreference...
  5. Disable Virus & Threat Protection Notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Virus & Threat Protection Notification: Hello! I've just re-installed Windows to 1909 been stuck on 1809 for the past year and I have disabled Windows Defender from starting. I simply do not need it, and I personally prefer using Malwarebytes for any virus/malware that gets into my system. However, I don't want...
  6. Virus protection for new computer

Virus protection for new computer: Hi recently purchased a new lenovo TP T490 (OS win10pro) and MS office 365 personal subscription. Do I need to add on additional anti-virus/malware protection? thanks for your thoughts Mariah...
  7. PC: Virus and Threat Protection

PC: Virus and Threat Protection: So recently I downloaded a file off of a sketchy website, and tons of tabs poped up, I closed them and ran Malwarebytes, it removed the virus. But, when I downloaded the file, I had to turn off Windows Virus and Threat Protection. So I tried and went to settings and tried to...
  8. Virus protection disabled, can't be enabled

Virus protection disabled, can't be enabled: I keep getting a system tray icon with a warning, and when I click on it, it says the definitions are out of date. Updating doesn't help. Not only that, but even though all looks fine on the security screen of it, clicking on it, it shows all is disabled and can't be...
  9. windows defender anti-virus protection disabled

windows defender anti-virus protection disabled: my virus and threat protection displays a message "your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization". I do not have and organization to manage my virus and threat protection. There were several downloads allowed by One Drive, "file only" and two were...
  10. Disabling Virus Protection Prog's That Came with New HP pc ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling Virus Protection Prog's That Came with New HP pc ?: Hello, Hope i didn't ask this previously, but if I did, i can't find the Post anywhere. If so, I apologize, and will blame it on old-age now. Son has a new HP W10 pc. He would like to run it with Windows Defender, but apparently Windows Defender won't run if there are...