Windows 10: Disabling Win 10 Image Compression

Discus and support Disabling Win 10 Image Compression in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Even after disabling image compression in the registry editor on my Win 10 computer and restarting the computer, downloaded high-definition even 4K... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by h8bigbiz, Jun 25, 2020.

1. h8bigbiz Win User

Disabling Win 10 Image Compression

Even after disabling image compression in the registry editor on my Win 10 computer and restarting the computer, downloaded high-definition even 4K images are still only fuzzy standard definition. The images are high-def when viewed directly on their sites, but turn standard def after being downloaded to the computer. Thanks for any help.

:)

h8bigbiz, Jun 25, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Jun 25, 2020
  3. SerhiyIA Win User
    'System and compressed memory' on ASUS G75VY notebook load CPU always on 16%

thank you for your reply!

here what I did:

1. disabled non-microsoft services, disabled all applications in startup list

result: after restart "system and compressed memory" still gain 17% CPU

2. ran PC into safe mode ( just to see what happens )

result: CPU load is 0% for "system and compressed memory"

3. ran PC in normal mode

result: CPU load is 0% for "system and compressed memory"

as we can see from step 1, the problem probably is not in applications ?

what would you suggest in this case ?

looking forward for your answer

SerhiyIA, Jun 25, 2020
  4. NGeo Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

Thema:

1. Disabling Win 10 Image Compression - Similar Threads - Disabling Image Compression

2. Win 10 photos app no longer compresses videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 photos app no longer compresses videos: I've been using the Win 10 photos app to shrink the size of videos for the last 2.5 years until about 10 days ago. Now there is no comparable shrinkage in the file size without a significant loss in image quality. If I retain the image quality the file size bloats. I use the...
  3. Win 10 photos app no longer compresses videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 photos app no longer compresses videos: I've been using the Win 10 photos app to shrink the size of videos for the last 2.5 years until about 10 days ago. Now there is no comparable shrinkage in the file size without a significant loss in image quality. If I retain the image quality the file size bloats. I use the...
  4. Best ways to compress Images on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Best ways to compress Images on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]In this post, we will cover some of the best ways to compress images without losing quality, either a single image or in bulk, online, or using free Windows software. At times, you might need to compress images on Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC to make more space for new...
  5. Photo Viewer Image Compression

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Viewer Image Compression: Hi,Does the Windows Photo Viewer automatically compress pictures to edit them? I took some portraits for my niece that I'd like to edit, but it's compressing them from a large file to a small one, which I don't want. Ex. The picture starts out as 7.8MB & ends up as 1MB.I know...
  6. NTFS Compressed Images 2,56GB FileSize

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NTFS Compressed Images 2,56GB FileSize: Hello together, first of all, my windows 10 Installation is german, so i hope you can follow all steps, even if the screenshots are with german labels. My Problem: 1. I Copied a lot of Images an Videos 696 Files alltogether from an Huawei P30Pro to my c:-Drive...
  7. Microsoft Guidance for Disabling SMBv3 Compression in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Guidance for Disabling SMBv3 Compression in Windows 10: Microsoft is aware of a remote code execution vulnerability in the way that the Microsoft Server Message Block 3.1.1 (SMBv3) protocol handles certain requests. An attacker who successfully exploited the vulnerability could gain the ability to execute code on the target SMB...
  8. Win 10 Image Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Image Restore: Hello all, I am trying to create a disk image of my Win 10 system, including drivers and applications. My intent is to create a master image which can be imaged on all new computers in my organization. Is this possible in Windows and / or is it possible with other software...
  9. How to permanently disable image compression in PowerPoint 2016 MS Office 365 Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to permanently disable image compression in PowerPoint 2016 MS Office 365 Windows 10: When a vba is run to bring Excel tables as pictures into PowerPoint slides, it shrinks the size on my co-worker's machine. Whereas it keeps the original image size on my machine. The only different between her machine and mine is Windows. She is on Windows 10 and I am on...
  10. Is it ok if I disable Windows 10 memory compression?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is it ok if I disable Windows 10 memory compression?: If I enable memory compression (via the mmagent cmdlet in powershell) I get this "error" in process explorer about a process called "memory compression" and the path reads "[a device attached to the system is not functioning.]": [img] When I try to access any kind of...