Windows 10: Disabling Windows 10 Login Password With Two User Accounts

Discus and support Disabling Windows 10 Login Password With Two User Accounts in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi... I have two user profiles on my PC running WIndows 10. I'd like to disable the password prompt for both users that we are prompted for each... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DrInfoman, May 5, 2019.

1. DrInfoman Win User

Disabling Windows 10 Login Password With Two User Accounts

Hi...

I have two user profiles on my PC running WIndows 10. I'd like to disable the password prompt for both users that we are prompted for each time we reboot / login to WIndows.

I know about NETPLWIZ and have already unchecked it - and even went so far as to enter "net user (username)" (blank space) via CMD prompt for each user.

It's still prompting both users for a password. As far as I know, there shouldn't be some kind of "if more than one user on a computer, Windows password is required" thing.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks!

Andy

:)

DrInfoman, May 5, 2019

2. Windows 10 - disable login passwords

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to disable User account password.

• Are you using Microsoft User account or Local User account to log-in?
    Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

1. Search in the taskbar netplwiz

2. Now user accounts info window will pop up.

Now, select the user account for which you want to disable the password login. Now, uncheck the option which says
    user must enter a user name and password to use this computer.

Now, press OK or hit enter.

3. A new window will come out in which you have to confirm your passwords. Use password for your user account here and press
    ok button.

4. Click Ok button and you are done. You will no longer required to enter password each time you start your computer.

If you want to revert back password login feature, repeat the process explained above and check the field which says, user must enter a user name and password to use this computer. Now, enter the login credential to confirm the process.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, May 5, 2019
  3. David2605 Win User
    Disable Windows 10 login password

I have tried this but it does not work for me. I have Windows 10 Pro fully updated (January 2018). When I restart Windows I have to give my pin number although when I am logged in, the User Accounts that comes up with the command netplwiz shows that the
    box "users must enter a password to use this computer" is not ticked (I could attach a screenshot but this doesn't seem possible with this post). When I click OK the user Accounts Window closes (back to the desktop). When I restart Windows, the problem remains
    and I have to use a password or pin to login. By the way, I have disabled the touch screen.

David2605, May 5, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Cannot Login with New User Account in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

• What exactly happens when you try to login with new user account?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to Enable
    the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, and then try to create new user account and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check whether your able to login to windows or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, May 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Disabling Windows 10 Login Password With Two User Accounts - Similar Threads - Disabling Login Password

2. Can't Disable Windows 10 Login Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't Disable Windows 10 Login Password: I don't have a business and am the sole user of this machine. I don't need the security of a password but I can't disable it. I have tried netplwiz, control userpasswords2, and local user, but none of these worked. I'm frustrated and want a solution that actually works!...
  3. Disabling Windows 10 Login Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disabling Windows 10 Login Password: I want to be able to disable the step to type in my Windows login password every time I restart and to turn on my laptop. Went to third party sites and nothing works. Thanks in advance....
  4. user account password

in Windows 10 Customization
    user account password: I never had a user account password on my laptop. I was cleaning things off the computer and accidently deleted the user account. When I re-boot, it is looking for a password. I never had one and I don't know what to do....
  5. Disable Unauthorized User Login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable Unauthorized User Login: I recently did contract work for a company that basically hijacked my PC. Although I've deleted them everywhere I can locate them, their logins keep re-appearing. Re-appearing in my work account, on my desktop, and showing in my Microsoft activity as successfully logging in....
  6. login password disable

in Windows 10 Customization
    login password disable: how to disable login password? already try "netplwiz", not working, still ask me to login to my Microsoft account running the latest windows version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-password-disable/8e422b4a-2976-44d0-9fd4-204e22a66949
  7. Windows 10 user account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 user account password: I seem to have set up my Windows 10 PC with a different password from that of my Microsoft account. My children recently discovered the user account that I use, this is the administrator on the PC so I wanted to change it. When I did this I was asked for the old password but...
  8. Two matching User Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two matching User Accounts: Setting up Win 10 (upgrading from Vista) a year or two ago I found that I had created two matching accounts, one identified with my name , the other identified as This PC. Clicking on either leads to the same C:Users\mhalp_000\Desktop. Changing a filename or adding a file in...
  9. User account disabled

User account disabled: On the login screen, I see my username and photo. I enter my pin, but then it tells me "This user cannot login because this account is disabled." If I enter my password instead, it tells me the password is wrong. I've tried rebooting into Safe Mode and checking the users (it...
  10. Windows 10 User account login issue...

Windows 10 User account login issue...: I got my son a Dell 2 in 1 laptop and set myself up as Administrator and set up an account for him. It worked fine for a few days. But now he can't login to his account. The password is correct, but it gives the error "Windows can not connect to the Group Policy client...