Windows 10: Disabling Windows 10 Login Password With Two User Accounts

Discus and support Disabling Windows 10 Login Password With Two User Accounts in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi... I have two user profiles on my PC running WIndows 10. I'd like to disable the password prompt for both users that we are prompted for each... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DrInfoman, May 5, 2019.

1. DrInfoman Win User

Disabling Windows 10 Login Password With Two User Accounts

Hi...

I have two user profiles on my PC running WIndows 10. I'd like to disable the password prompt for both users that we are prompted for each time we reboot / login to WIndows.

I know about NETPLWIZ and have already unchecked it - and even went so far as to enter "net user (username)" (blank space) via CMD prompt for each user.

It's still prompting both users for a password. As far as I know, there shouldn't be some kind of "if more than one user on a computer, Windows password is required" thing.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks!

Andy

:)

DrInfoman, May 5, 2019

2. Windows 10 - disable login passwords

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to disable User account password.

• Are you using Microsoft User account or Local User account to log-in?
    Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

1. Search in the taskbar netplwiz

2. Now user accounts info window will pop up.

Now, select the user account for which you want to disable the password login. Now, uncheck the option which says
    user must enter a user name and password to use this computer.

Now, press OK or hit enter.

3. A new window will come out in which you have to confirm your passwords. Use password for your user account here and press
    ok button.

4. Click Ok button and you are done. You will no longer required to enter password each time you start your computer.

If you want to revert back password login feature, repeat the process explained above and check the field which says, user must enter a user name and password to use this computer. Now, enter the login credential to confirm the process.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, May 5, 2019
  3. David2605 Win User
    Disable Windows 10 login password

I have tried this but it does not work for me. I have Windows 10 Pro fully updated (January 2018). When I restart Windows I have to give my pin number although when I am logged in, the User Accounts that comes up with the command netplwiz shows that the
    box "users must enter a password to use this computer" is not ticked (I could attach a screenshot but this doesn't seem possible with this post). When I click OK the user Accounts Window closes (back to the desktop). When I restart Windows, the problem remains
    and I have to use a password or pin to login. By the way, I have disabled the touch screen.

David2605, May 5, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Cannot Login with New User Account in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

• What exactly happens when you try to login with new user account?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to Enable
    the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, and then try to create new user account and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check whether your able to login to windows or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, May 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Disabling Windows 10 Login Password With Two User Accounts - Similar Threads - Disabling Login Password

2. Disable Login Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable Login Password: I would like to disable my login password once and for all. And it seems very complicated to achieve this result. Does anyone know the procedure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-login-password/0bfae5ef-db42-48db-9aad-7198e459a48f
  3. Disable Login Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Login Password: I would like to disable my login password once and for all. And it seems very complicated to achieve this result. Does anyone know the procedure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-login-password/0bfae5ef-db42-48db-9aad-7198e459a48f
  4. Unable to reset windows login password for User account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to reset windows login password for User account: Hi, * This is a windows 10 PC * worked perfectly & installed the latest updates * after installed & restart the PC, that asking user Microsoft account authentication. Sign-in option > password = that method user used normal password * User created Microsoft account long...
  5. disable windows 10 login password and unlink account

disable windows 10 login password and unlink account: hello, I'm on windows 10 pro build 1909, i just restarted my computer and was unable to us my actual user account's login password and was forced to login to my windows account, and I want to disable this completely and have tried all normal methods for disabling passwords...
  6. Two login accounts

Two login accounts: My Windows 10 Pro shows two login accounts. Ones is Last Name one word and the other is First and Last name two words. The one word login account shows all my normal folders, etc. I can work with my files. All folders in the two word login account are there, but are empty....
  7. Two account to Login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two account to Login: Hi everyone, So yesterday 21 Apr 2020 my Windows 10 went through an update, well there is always an update, isn't it? But I notice after the update yesterday, there are suddenly two options to log-in to my laptop: 1. one is "Lia" which is me, the administrator and the...
  8. win 10 login password recovery for vulnerable user with disability

win 10 login password recovery for vulnerable user with disability: I'm in Ireland, my elderly parent 90 is in UK, and profoundly deaf. His computer refused to let him sign in yesterday, with no apparent reason, it keeps telling him that the password Microsoft account is wrong. I can access the machine from here via teamviewer, so I know...
  9. Disabling Windows 10 Login Password

Disabling Windows 10 Login Password: I want to be able to disable the step to type in my Windows login password every time I restart and to turn on my laptop. Went to third party sites and nothing works. Thanks in advance....
  10. login password disable

in Windows 10 Customization
    login password disable: how to disable login password? already try "netplwiz", not working, still ask me to login to my Microsoft account running the latest windows version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-password-disable/8e422b4a-2976-44d0-9fd4-204e22a66949