Windows 10: Disabling Windows 10 Taskbar

Discus and support Disabling Windows 10 Taskbar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! I was wondering if anyone knew how to disable Windows 10 taskbar. I don't know if there is a built-in way to do so. I would also like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/marcthatdown, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Disabling Windows 10 Taskbar

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone knew how to disable Windows 10 taskbar. I don't know if there is a built-in way to do so. I would also like to clarify that I don't mean to hide the taskbar because hiding it would leave a line at the location of your taskbar.

Thanks.

submitted by /u/marcthatdown
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/marcthatdown, Sep 29, 2020

2. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar is not working and "fixes" don't fix it.

Hi Carole,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Taskbar on Windows 10. We will help you with resolving the issue.

Provide us the additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you press Alt+Tab keys from the keyboard to switch between the apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

As you said Taskbar is not working, and you will minimize all the opened apps to access the one you wish to from Taskbar. Be clear with how exactly you are trying to accessing the apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if you have enabled the Auto-hide option for Taskbar, if so try to disable and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties,
    • Under Taskbar tab, uncheck the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Disabling Windows 10 Taskbar

Taskbar disable, key command to activate

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. I would suggest you to auto hide the taskbar. Follow the below steps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select properties.
    • Check on the box Auto-hide taskbar, click on Apply and click on
      OK.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Disabling Windows 10 Taskbar

1. Disabling Windows 10 Taskbar - Similar Threads - Disabling Taskbar

2. Can't disable Windows 11 Taskbar Peek / Thumbnail Preview. Changing Perfomence...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't disable Windows 11 Taskbar Peek / Thumbnail Preview. Changing Perfomence...: I cannot disable the Taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 11. It's unclear whether this feature is a thumbnail preview or "peek" as provided for in the many, many, setting windows and it's help pages direct me to, none of which work. I am aware that the Group Policy Editor...
  3. Can't disable Windows 11 Taskbar Peek / Thumbnail Preview. Changing Perfomence...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't disable Windows 11 Taskbar Peek / Thumbnail Preview. Changing Perfomence...: I cannot disable the Taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 11. It's unclear whether this feature is a thumbnail preview or "peek" as provided for in the many, many, setting windows and it's help pages direct me to, none of which work. I am aware that the Group Policy Editor...
  4. How do I disable the taskbar overflow menu taskbar ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable the taskbar overflow menu taskbar ...: It doesn't work and I never asked for it because I would never want it if it did work. How do I undo my taskbar grouping when I specifically set "NEVER COMBINE TASKBAR"? I don't want anything grouped. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel....
  5. How do I disable the taskbar overflow menu taskbar ...

How do I disable the taskbar overflow menu taskbar ...: It doesn't work and I never asked for it because I would never want it if it did work. How do I undo my taskbar grouping when I specifically set "NEVER COMBINE TASKBAR"? I don't want anything grouped. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel....
  6. How to disable windows pinned taskbar quick launch keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable windows pinned taskbar quick launch keys: How do I disable windows quick launching pinned taskbar programs with W+1. W+2 hotkeys etc, I dont want to disable other windows hotkeys, just the quicklaunching of my pinned applications....
  7. How to disable windows pinned taskbar quick launch keys

How to disable windows pinned taskbar quick launch keys: How do I disable windows quick launching pinned taskbar programs with W+1. W+2 hotkeys etc, I dont want to disable other windows hotkeys, just the quicklaunching of my pinned applications....
  8. [KioskMode] Windows 11 Kiosk XML Configuration does not disable TaskBar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [KioskMode] Windows 11 Kiosk XML Configuration does not disable TaskBar: Dear Microsoft community,I've been trying to setup a machine Dell Inspiron 17 running Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22631 for a local user with a multi-app kiosk profile. The requirement is simple: Upon login, the user shall only have access to cmd.exe no desktop, no taskbar, no...
  9. [KioskMode] Windows 11 Kiosk XML Configuration does not disable TaskBar

[KioskMode] Windows 11 Kiosk XML Configuration does not disable TaskBar: Dear Microsoft community,I've been trying to setup a machine Dell Inspiron 17 running Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22631 for a local user with a multi-app kiosk profile. The requirement is simple: Upon login, the user shall only have access to cmd.exe no desktop, no taskbar, no...
  10. Enable or Disable Taskbar Animation in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or Disable Taskbar Animation in Windows 11/10: [IMG]In this post, we will show you how you can enable or disable Taskbar animation in Windows 11/10. So, let’s check out! Enable or Disable Taskbar Animation in Windows 11/10 To enable and disable animation in the taskbar on your Windows 11 PC, here are the main steps to...