Windows 10: Disabling windows Hello using the "Connect to Work or school" option Office 365 accounts

Discus and support Disabling windows Hello using the "Connect to Work or school" option Office 365 accounts in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello MS, I am setting up a Lab of about 30 PCs. We do not use Active directory on-prem or cloud. We do have the free version of Office and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Benjamin Ruiz (ruizb), Aug 4, 2019.

1. Disabling windows Hello using the "Connect to Work or school" option Office 365 accounts

Hello MS,

I am setting up a Lab of about 30 PCs.

We do not use Active directory on-prem or cloud.

We do have the free version of Office and Asuze Active Directory.

So we wanted our students to be able to log into these pcs using their Office 365 accounts and maybe use this lab as a testbed for the rest of our pcs.

I have turned on the option to connect to school or work.

Connect PC to our domain.

Restarted computer prompted to log in using work or school account.

Tried my account and it works but I get prompted to set up windows hello.

Exited out of that box and it took me to the desktop. Great!

Restarted computer logged back in using office 365 account. Got the same screens.

I removed the windows pin option from group policy. restarted still there. I tried to set the value for this option to 0 in Regedit.

Restarted the same thing the same screen pops up asking to set up windows hello.

Made sure that MFA was turned off in Azure as well and it is off for all Organization.

tried again and got asked for the same info.

How do I turn this feature off for my entire org and computers?

Attached are some screenshots of requests.

First one is the one I first get once I log in with my office 365 account.

Second one asking for more info. and this is where I click on the close button which then gives me the error screen.

This is screens I do not want to show up for any user.

Disabling windows Hello using the "Connect to Work or school" option Office 365 accounts [​IMG]Disabling windows Hello using the "Connect to Work or school" option Office 365 accounts [​IMG]Disabling windows Hello using the "Connect to Work or school" option Office 365 accounts [​IMG]

:)

Benjamin Ruiz (ruizb), Aug 4, 2019

2. Office 365 Cortana

Cortana on Windows 10 Mobile asks me to connect my Office 365 account. I do not have one (nor do I have a Dynamics CRM account). I did have a work account and my credentials appear to still be cached.

How do I:

• Disable Cortana's request to connect to the non-existent Work or School account?
    • Clear those credentials, so they are no longer on my phone - or anywhere else, for that matter?

KevinBacks, Aug 4, 2019
  3. DanimalIT Win User
    Error adding an Office 365 work account to Windows 10

I am receiving the same error connecting an Azure AD account Connected to office 365 host. I am able to login to office 365 with the account but not the work or school domain.

DanimalIT, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Disabling windows Hello using the "Connect to Work or school" option Office 365 accounts

Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Disabling windows Hello using the "Connect to Work or school" option Office 365 accounts

1. Disabling windows Hello using the "Connect to Work or school" option Office 365 accounts - Similar Threads - Disabling Hello using

2. School Account With Office 365 Causing Error Notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    School Account With Office 365 Causing Error Notification: Hello,A year ago I transferred to new university which provides Office 365 to it's students. Since accessing Office 365 for the first time, I continuously got notifications stating that there is an issue with my work or school account. Recently, I cloned my laptop onto a...
  3. School Account With Office 365 Causing Error Notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    School Account With Office 365 Causing Error Notification: Hello,A year ago I transferred to new university which provides Office 365 to it's students. Since accessing Office 365 for the first time, I continuously got notifications stating that there is an issue with my work or school account. Recently, I cloned my laptop onto a...
  4. School Account With Office 365 Causing Error Notification

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. No Remove option on a "work or school account"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Remove option on a "work or school account": I'm getting a constant pop-up from my laptop to sign into my Microsoft Account, but when I try to sign in it either reappears a few minutes later or tells me I cannot sign in.I think it might be because it's trying to sign me into a school account I used a few years ago for a...
  6. disable the option "Connect" under "Settings -> Accounts -> Access work or school"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable the option "Connect" under "Settings -> Accounts -> Access work or school": Hi, I want to disable the option "Connect" under "Settings -> Accounts -> Access work or school". all client machines are domain joined I can't seem to find any way to disable this option through GPO or registry. I already have the following GPO settings active to deny...
  7. disable the option "Connect" under "Settings -> Accounts -> Access work or school"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable the option "Connect" under "Settings -> Accounts -> Access work or school": Hi, I want to disable the option "Connect" under "Settings -> Accounts -> Access work or school". all client machines are domain joined I can't seem to find any way to disable this option through GPO or registry. I already have the following GPO settings active to deny...
  8. disable the option "Connect" under "Settings -> Accounts -> Access work or school"

9. Sign in to a new Windows 10 Pro PC with a work/school Office 365 account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in to a new Windows 10 Pro PC with a work/school Office 365 account: I have a client that signed up with GoDaddy for domain, email and Office 365. GoDaddy issued a domain branded email account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. We have a new PC with Windows 10 Pro installed and want to sign in to Windows using the *** Email address...
  10. Unable to add/sync school Office 365 Account to Windows

Unable to add/sync school Office 365 Account to Windows: I'm not able to add my account under "Settings > Access work or school". My OneNote can't sync to my account either and my Outlook 2016 doesn't allow me to open the folders after adding the account. How should I proceed?...