Windows 10: Disabling Windows Update Forced Restarts

Discus and support Disabling Windows Update Forced Restarts in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings, It's well known that Windows Update will force computers to restart on occasion. As a professional DJ, this has *RUINED* numerous live... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThisIsSoMuchWork, May 13, 2020.

1. Disabling Windows Update Forced Restarts

Greetings,

It's well known that Windows Update will force computers to restart on occasion.

As a professional DJ, this has *RUINED* numerous live performances that make use of my Windows computer.

I'd like to know how to disable these forced restarts.

It is my understanding that changing the 0 value found at "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU"to a 1, should do the trick, however this file location/path does not exist on my machine. The"\...WindowsUpdate\AU"portion of the path is nowhere to be found within "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows".

I find these forced restarts, as well as the convoluted nature of the task of disabling them, to be *extremely* frustrating.

I've literally lost income and fans because of this...

Please help.

Thank you!

PS: Many people who depend on Windows for their livelihood and/or well being have complained to me of the damaging nature of these forced restarts. They're sincerely uncool. Windows team:PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!

:)

ThisIsSoMuchWork, May 13, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Disabling Windows Update Forced Restarts :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 13, 2020
  3. Disable Automatic Forced Restart After Windows Update for Windows 10

How do I Disable Automatic Forced Restart After Windows Update for Windows 10?

LeslieYager, May 13, 2020
  4. Disabling Windows Update Forced Restarts

Windows 10 update being enabled.

Sounds like task scheduler forces it to restart, course in svc.msc i make sure to deselect it from restarting after it fails.

eidairaman1, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Disabling Windows Update Forced Restarts

1. Disabling Windows Update Forced Restarts - Similar Threads - Disabling Update Forced

2. Microsoft System Update forced restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft System Update forced restarts: This:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-pro-need-absolute-control-over-restarts/502c417e-63e7-4474-8fbe-2239a3ab295a?from=ContactUsWebBCQR&CorrelationId=83e0420d-5297-4310-9bcc-b8c7b8d53646There have been many requests for this. No answers, only...
  3. Microsoft System Update forced restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft System Update forced restarts: This:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-pro-need-absolute-control-over-restarts/502c417e-63e7-4474-8fbe-2239a3ab295a?from=ContactUsWebBCQR&CorrelationId=83e0420d-5297-4310-9bcc-b8c7b8d53646There have been many requests for this. No answers, only...
  4. Windows 10 Forced Restart after update causes massive loss in productivity...How to disable it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Forced Restart after update causes massive loss in productivity...How to disable it?: Hello, I thought I had this feature disabled, but apparently I was wrong. The most recent windows update caused my computer to restart overnight, and I've lost 48 hours of rendering progress on an image for a client, torpedoing my project, which I will now lose. I'm not...
  5. How to force/disable Windows 10 feature updates ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to force/disable Windows 10 feature updates ?: Hi, Is there any way to force/disable Windows 10 feature updates from installing and only keep "Security only" updates ? This so called "Feature updates" are joke and introduce more and more bugs rather than fixes. Thanks submitted by /u/Green_Carnage [link]...
  6. Forced restart after an update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Forced restart after an update.: I don't want answers because I know why this is happening. I want only to tell this: people HATE forced restart after a FORCED update. How on Earth can´t you comprehend this fact after so many years? In a middle of my work my computer suddenly restart without such a simple...
  7. Forced restart after an update.

Forced restart after an update.: I don't want answers because I know why this is happening. I want only to tell this: people HATE forced restart after a FORCED update. How on Earth can´t you comprehend this fact after so many years? In a middle of my work my computer suddenly restart without such a simple...
  8. Windows update forced restart

Windows update forced restart: Hi, Today my computer forced restarted in order to install new updates. Until now I have to accept updates when I restarted the PC, now - forcing the restart was absolutely unprofessional. I had unsaved documents and other opened applications. Please don't use forced...
  9. Force restart

Force restart: [IMG]Excuse me, i want to ask what happened here on my pc, because the percentage didn’t move at all and it has been 1 hour, like this, can you tell me what i can do to fix this?...
  10. Updates... Then forcefully restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates... Then forcefully restart: Forcing updates is one thing. Forcing a restart is another - and completely unacceptable. Until now I have been able to reschedule the restart. Today it just restarted while I was working. Bug? Intentionally? I will not give Microsoft long to change this behavior....