Windows 10: Disabling WU will disable Drivers Update also?

Discus and support Disabling WU will disable Drivers Update also? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My PC is a Production Machine and I do not want to lose time with broken updates, so I decided to completely disable the Windows Update in Services.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Adalwar, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Adalwar Win User

Disabling WU will disable Drivers Update also?

My PC is a Production Machine and I do not want to lose time with broken updates, so I decided to completely disable the Windows Update in Services.
    Will this also Disable the Drivers Updates by means of the Online Search and Install?
    Thank you

:)

Adalwar, Oct 4, 2016

2. Windows 10 unneeded updates

These would continue cropping up and it indicates something isn't right.I would suggest you to disable driver updates through WU and check if the same thing happens again.

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 4, 2016
  3. How to disable driver updates on Windows 10 Home x64 1511?

Thanks for responding.

Solution from your link worked to some extent - when I turned back the two methods I mentioned before to default, WU installed the unwanted update again, although it was hidden in wushowhide app. Only after disabling those two methods again it worked.

1) One curious thing is that the wushowhide app shows in available updates, a few of them, however they don't pop in the WU even with everything set to default.

2) Is is the present compilation of W10 that disallows disabling automatic driver updates that worked for me before or may some system files be corrupted?

3) Is there a way to report a newer driver for particular device or a driver not working at all? I've got DVB-T tuner for which WU installs really old driver, which doesn't work neither with W8.1 nor 10.

AlecClaire, Oct 4, 2016
Thema:

Disabling WU will disable Drivers Update also?

1. Disabling WU will disable Drivers Update also? - Similar Threads - Disabling disable Drivers

2. How to disable driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable driver updates: Windows is updating AMD graphics drivers to an incompatible version and I would like to know how to disable updates for the drivers because it will restart the pc while in the middle of use without any notification of update...
  3. How to disable driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable driver updates: Windows is updating AMD graphics drivers to an incompatible version and I would like to know how to disable updates for the drivers because it will restart the pc while in the middle of use without any notification of update...
  4. How to disable driver updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Disabling driver updates from windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disabling driver updates from windows update: How do I stop Windows Update from constantly updating my AMD Graphics, HP and Realtek Devices? Please mention the direct methods built into Windows settings or any other place first before suggesting something like registry edits....
  6. Permanently disable windows driver updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Permanently disable windows driver updates: Hi guys! I am running Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have installed Windows at least 20 times over and over and following different tutorials to stop driver updates and automatic updates. The purpose why I am doing this is to prevent Windows update from installing ancient drivers...
  7. Windows 10 has been updated even when WU is disabled

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 has been updated even when WU is disabled: Hello, I have Windows 10 Home Edition 1903 and disabled Windows Update service. I have also these keys in registry: [img] However, I noticed that system was rebooted yesterday. By seeing the event log, I found that these updates were applied: [img] How could this be...
  8. Disable WU's permanently, but allow for MANUAL update.

Disable WU's permanently, but allow for MANUAL update.: I would like to disable WU's permanently. By that, I mean that I ONLY want to manually [Settings => Update & Security => Windows Update => Check for updates] check for updates when I want to. Is is best to . . . [1] Use gpedit.msc => Computer Configuration\Administrative...
  9. Disabled Unsigned Driver Updates?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabled Unsigned Driver Updates?: hello. i am on Windows 10 Home and am trying to figure out how to prevent Windows Update from replacing non-signed drivers. i have tried several things... there was a registry entry that is supposed to disable driver updates, i find you can enable this option through...
  10. Disable Driver Update

Disable Driver Update: Howdy, System Properties > Hardware > Device Installation Settings Here I want to: 1. No, let me choose what to do 2. Never install driver software from Windows Update 3. Disable Automatically get the device app... As shown in the snapshot. I want to do the above...