Windows 10: Disadvantages of having access to the WindowsApps folder

Discus and support Disadvantages of having access to the WindowsApps folder in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I wanted to create a Python Module, But it said access denied. What happens when you take ownership of the WindowsApps folder?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bash, Nov 12, 2021.

1. bash Win User

Disadvantages of having access to the WindowsApps folder

I wanted to create a Python Module, But it said access denied. What happens when you take ownership of the WindowsApps folder?

:)

2. windowsapp folder access in windows 10

I am trying to list the windowsapp folder to give access to a program stored there so that it will be the default program for the .vob extension

JMiller1958, Nov 12, 2021
  3. S.cloris Win User
    WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Nov 12, 2021
  4. Disadvantages of having access to the WindowsApps folder

Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...

I have been tearing what little hair I have left out of my head trying to copy a file from my desktop to the appropriate folder in the Kodi folder buried in the XBMC… folder in Windowsapps in a brand-new fairly high-end laptop running Windows 10 Pro. I cannot get beyond first what appears to be a UAC “Destination Folder Access Denied” error message saying “You’ll need to provide administrative permission to copy to this folder.” If I click on the UAC “continue” button I get another “Destination Folder Access Denied” error box saying “You need permission to perform this action.” The second error box has only “Try Again” and “Cancel” buttons. Nothing is listed under “More details” in either error box.

Here is most of what I have tried:

1. changing ownership of Windowsapps and all folders below it to my Microsoft account user and granting full-control permissions to Windowsapps and all folders below it;
    2. changing ownership to administrators group for Windowsapps and all folders below it and granting full-control permissions to Windowsapps and all folders below it;
    3. enabling the “hidden” administrator account, going back to my Microsoft user account and granting full-control rights to the administrator account, returning to the administrator account, taking control with that account, granting full control permission to Windowsapps and all folders below it;
    4. creating a new administrator account and repeating 3;
    5. completely disabling UAC through the registry, once in the default administrator account and once in my Microsoft account user.
    6. adding and using the “Take Ownership” context option on a Windowsapps folder as described in the Tutorial at Add Take Ownership to Context Menu in Windows 10 ; and
    7. running the following commands in an administrator command window:

Code:
    as suggested at: Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders... - Windows 10 Forums
    In fact, even if I do an explicit copy from an administrator command window, I get an “access is denied” notice.

None of the many sources I have looked at online are of any help in dealing with this blockage. Please help — not only do I need to get full-control access to Windowsapps and its subfolders for this purpose, I also need to get full-control permission to Windowsapps folders in order to get rid of an annoying McAffee startup.exe which pops an error box on every boot up even though I removed McAffee in the normal way.

How can I get assured access to Windowsapps folders???

jedpaquette, Nov 12, 2021
Thema:

Disadvantages of having access to the WindowsApps folder

1. Disadvantages of having access to the WindowsApps folder - Similar Threads - Disadvantages having access

2. Disadvantages of having access to the WindowsApps folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disadvantages of having access to the WindowsApps folder: I wanted to create a Python Module, But it said access denied. What happens when you take ownership of the WindowsApps folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disadvantages-of-having-access-to-the-windowsapps/60663a40-c9f6-4fc6-8ac2-ee8f0c1a0956
  3. Disadvantages of having access to the WindowsApps folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disadvantages of having access to the WindowsApps folder: I wanted to create a Python Module, But it said access denied. What happens when you take ownership of the WindowsApps folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disadvantages-of-having-access-to-the-windowsapps/60663a40-c9f6-4fc6-8ac2-ee8f0c1a0956
  4. Accessing the WindowsApp folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing the WindowsApp folder: As the title states, I am trying to access the WindowsApp folder. However none of what I've found online has helped me acess it. I've tried changing owners, but I have failed. My PC is an HP Laptop with Windows 10 installed. Thanks for all of the help!...
  5. Accessing the WindowsApp folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing the WindowsApp folder: As the title states, I am trying to access the WindowsApp folder. However none of what I've found online has helped me acess it. I've tried changing owners, but I have failed. My PC is an HP Laptop with Windows 10 installed. Thanks for all of the help!...
  6. Accessing the WindowsApp folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Don't have access to WindowsApps folder and cant delete it.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Don't have access to WindowsApps folder and cant delete it.: I've downloaded a lot of games onto my external hard drive about 600GB from the Windows Store. I later reset my PC because I wanted to have a clean install of Windows. Now I can't access the windows apps folder that was made before the reset because it thinks it is from...
  8. Folder access denied windowsapps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder access denied windowsapps: I’m trying to add a file into a folder in my windowsapps folder however I just keep getting “Destination Folder Access Denied” I’m the admin I have ownership and full control submitted by /u/itsdopeyvp [link] [comments]...
  9. Folder access denied windowsapps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder access denied windowsapps: I’m trying to add a file into a folder in my windowsapps folder however I just keep getting “Destination Folder Access Denied” I’m the admin I have ownership and full control submitted by /u/itsdopeyvp [link] [comments]...
  10. Cannot access the WindowsApps folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot access the WindowsApps folder: Hi, I am trying to open the WindowsApps (win 10, 2004) folder but am denied. I go through the various windows (security tab, etc.) but no dice. Can someone help? Thanks 160137