Windows 10: Disallow shutdown and enable restart only

Discus and support Disallow shutdown and enable restart only in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; How to disallow shutdown and enable restart option only.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Shaik Waheed Basha, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Disallow shutdown and enable restart only

How to disallow shutdown and enable restart option only.

:)

Shaik Waheed Basha, Jun 25, 2022
  2. little cat, Jun 25, 2022
  3. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Jun 25, 2022
  4. oldeboye Win User

Disallow shutdown and enable restart only

Restart and shutdown do not function from START button

If I select restart or shutdown from the log in screen, they work. Both also work from safe mode with networking.

Nothing obvious in the event log.

Any suggestions for the next step?

oldeboye, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

Disallow shutdown and enable restart only

1. Disallow shutdown and enable restart only - Similar Threads - Disallow shutdown enable

2. Restart or Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart or Shutdown: I have a set of laptops which are shared with the entire school. The same laptop is being used by 4 different users. Is it better for each user to logout from their account then shut down or logout then restart?...
  3. Disallow shutdown and enable restart only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disallow shutdown and enable restart only: How to disallow shutdown and enable restart option only. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disallow-shutdown-and-enable-restart-only/c3d057ed-2dd4-454f-9c2a-a6ca1f3a2d5c
  4. Disallow shutdown and enable restart only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disallow shutdown and enable restart only: How to disallow shutdown and enable restart option only. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disallow-shutdown-and-enable-restart-only/c3d057ed-2dd4-454f-9c2a-a6ca1f3a2d5c
  5. Windows 20H2 - update & restart/shutdown only ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 20H2 - update & restart/shutdown only ?: Hi with Windows 1903 when an update needed a restart to apply, in the power button menu, i had only the choice "Update &restart" or "Shutdown & restart" wich was perfect because users cannot bypass the udpates installation with 20H2 now user have the option listed so the...
  6. Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart: Event log shows windows update causing a restart: The process C:\Windows\System32\usocoreworker.exe MILESTONE-JB has initiated the restart of computer MILESTONE-JB on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Operating System: Service pack Planned Reason...
  7. Network becomes enabled only after restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network becomes enabled only after restart: Hi all, This is in continuation to After installing update, system crashes - Windows 10 Forums After one week of trying several things out, I finally I installed Windows 10 again with the option to keep all my apps and settings and am able to install updates now. But now I...
  8. Network becomes enabled only after restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Network becomes enabled only after restart: Hi all, This is in continuation to After installing update, system crashes - Windows 10 Forums After one week of trying several things out, I finally I installed Windows 10 again with the option to keep all my apps and settings and am able to install updates now. But now I...
  9. System won't sleep (correctly) or shutdown--only restart

in Windows 10 Support
    System won't sleep (correctly) or shutdown--only restart: I have, for me, an unusual problem for which I've tried all the usual (and some unusual) fixes. None work. When my computer first boots or restarts, all of the normal methods (idle time, closing lid, or selecting among the power options) produce the right results: sleep,...
  10. Computer can't shutdown or sleep, only restart.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer can't shutdown or sleep, only restart.: Hey guys. I hope someone here can help me with my current problem on my desktop. Whenever I try to shutdown my computer the montior shuts off and my drives stops after a few seconds, but my fans and LEDs keeps running. I've tried to do all the suggestions from My Laptop...