Windows 10: Disappearance of Windows 11 Taskbar Icons after Switching Virtual Desktops

Discus and support Disappearance of Windows 11 Taskbar Icons after Switching Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 11 22H2In Windows 11's built-in virtual desktop feature, there is a high probability that icons of active applications on the current desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ln Ch, Nov 24, 2023.

1. ln Ch Win User

Disappearance of Windows 11 Taskbar Icons after Switching Virtual Desktops

Windows 11 22H2In Windows 11's built-in virtual desktop feature, there is a high probability that icons of active applications on the current desktop may not be displayed when switching between different virtual desktops. The icons only appear when I click on the respective application. I have attempted to resolve the issue through restarts and using Sfc and Dism for repairs, but the problem persists. An essential configuration to note is that the taskbar is set to display windows only from the current desktop.

:)

ln Ch, Nov 24, 2023
  2. HDMR Win User

Major Taskbar/Virtual Desktop Bug

I have given up on Microsoft fixing this issue, clearly a major problem for anyone who uses the virtual desktop feature (obviously the folks at MS don't).

Fortunately, there is a fix for this. Look for "taskbar tweaker". It's free. Once installed, right click on the tray icon and select advanced options. Scroll down the list and look for "virtual desktop order fix" and change that to 1.

This fixes the issues of taskbar icons moving when switching between desktops!

3. Desktop Icons disappeared

Hi Kinsley,

• Are you referring to the desktop icons?
    • When did the icons disappear? Did you make any changes to the system Settings?

It's possible that your device is in Tablet mode. I suggest you to turn it off and check if the icons appear. To do so, select the
    Action center icon on the taskbar (the little message box next to the date and time), and then select
    Tablet mode to turn it on or off.

Also refer the following thread which discusses about a similar issue.

Redirecting

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the status of the issue to continue assisting you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Nov 24, 2023
  4. crionsynx Win User

virtual desktops

Click the Task View button beside the search box/icon in the taskbar.

Click +Desktop to add Virtual Desktop

Hover your mouse to Desktop1 to show list of open Windows

Drag and drop each Windows to target virtual desktop

crionsynx, Nov 24, 2023
Thema:

1. Disappearance of Windows 11 Taskbar Icons after Switching Virtual Desktops - Similar Threads - Disappearance Taskbar Icons

2. Windows 11 taskbar icons disappear after switching desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar icons disappear after switching desktop: I've updated my work laptop to windows 11 recently and i see a very annoying glitch of app icons on taskbar disappearing from time to time see screenshot.The issue is reproduced when switching between desktops Ctrl + Win + Right/Left arrow or trackpad swipe with 4 fingers....
  3. Windows 11 taskbar icons disappear after switching desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 taskbar icons disappear after switching desktop: I've updated my work laptop to windows 11 recently and i see a very annoying glitch of app icons on taskbar disappearing from time to time see screenshot.The issue is reproduced when switching between desktops Ctrl + Win + Right/Left arrow or trackpad swipe with 4 fingers....
  4. Icons in taskbar went transparent after switching virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in taskbar went transparent after switching virtual desktops: Quite often after switching between virtual desktops some icons in taskbar become transparent. Reinstalling drivers, updating, restarting Explorer did not help....
  5. Icons in taskbar went transparent after switching virtual desktops

Icons in taskbar went transparent after switching virtual desktops: Quite often after switching between virtual desktops some icons in taskbar become transparent. Reinstalling drivers, updating, restarting Explorer did not help....
  6. Wallpaper disappears after switching to another virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper disappears after switching to another virtual desktop: My wallpaper is set to slideshow via personalization, and I've multiple virtual desktops. After rebooting and switching to another virtual desktop, the wallpaper would display a black screen across all desktops. Clicking the default theme again fixes the issue. Windows 11...
  7. Disappearance of Windows 11 Taskbar Icons after Switching Virtual Desktops

Disappearance of Windows 11 Taskbar Icons after Switching Virtual Desktops: Windows 11 22H2In Windows 11's built-in virtual desktop feature, there is a high probability that icons of active applications on the current desktop may not be displayed when switching between different virtual desktops. The icons only appear when I click on the respective...
  8. Desktop Icons disappeared after switching to virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Icons disappeared after switching to virtual desktop: Hello,I accidentally pressed a shortcut, not sure which one, something like Windows + Control + D, and it switched the desktop.I didn't know about these keys, but when I pressed them, all my icons from my original screen disapperead when switching to the other desktops.Is...
  9. Desktop Icons disappeared after switching to virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons disappeared after switching to virtual desktop: Hello,I accidentally pressed a shortcut, not sure which one, something like Windows + Control + D, and it switched the desktop.I didn't know about these keys, but when I pressed them, all my icons from my original screen disapperead when switching to the other desktops.Is...
  10. Desktop Icons disappeared after switching to virtual desktop