Windows 10: Disappearing Caps & Num Lock Sound.

Discus and support Disappearing Caps & Num Lock Sound. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings, My laptop is the Asus TUF FA506IU-AL130T. It has a strange problem in that when I plug in and then unplug headpnones, the Caps Lock and Num... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by theoldfarter, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Disappearing Caps & Num Lock Sound.

Greetings,

My laptop is the Asus TUF FA506IU-AL130T. It has a strange problem in that when I plug in and then unplug headpnones, the Caps Lock and Num Lock keys sound stops working. It has been like that since new. A couple of months after I bought it, the Motherboard was replaced because of random freezing. The Caps sound problem remaind. I told the service technician about it and he emailed me this:

Caps lock audio:
    Narrator based caps lock sound was mentioned in the notes you sent.
    This was configured to play the caps lock beep, but also caps lock was configured to turn off narrator.
    You probably dont want narrator on anyway due to the large blue box on the screen even if you turn off the text to speak.

The other setting to turn this on is under:
    Interaction/Keyboard/Use Toggle Keys

This registry entry was the cause of the sound not being played. \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\xxxx\yyyy\PowerSettings\
    ConservationIdleTime,05,00,00,00

PerformanceIdleTime,00,01,00,00

IdlePowerState,05,00,00,00

The Realtek driver is causing the speakers to power down after 5 seconds of non-use. This combined with a strange windows bug where the Caps lock key sound que registers but isnt enough to get the speakers to turn back on.

Any other sound being played first will activate the speakers again, then the sound works.

Bypass method make the Realtek audio driver listen to itself and disable the output from it.

The device can listen to itself and the white noise is enough to get the speakers to not idle and power down. But by setting the volume output of the listen levels to 0 theres no sound played.

Steps to enable or disable:
    1. make certain that "Stereo Mix (Realtek(R) Audio) is enabled
    2. control panel
    3. hardware + sound - Sound Recording
    4. Stereo Mix (Realtek(R) Audio)
    5. device properties
    6. listen
    7. Playback through Realtek HD Audio
    8. check "listen to this device" and "continue running when on battery power"
    9. levels tab
    10. set to "0".

Doing the above got the Caps beep back but the next time I unplugged headphones, the sound stoped again. It did not return by the above method.

I Googled and came across a "fix" that works. It is this:
    Settings\System\Sound\Advanced Sound\Reset To The Microsoft Recomended Defaults.

Am I able to create a "shortcut" on the Desktop that will take me to where I am presented with the "Reset" button?
    If so, instructions how to create the shortcut would be appreciated.

:)

theoldfarter, Feb 12, 2021

2. No sound on Cap Locks

Although sound for the Cap Locks is activated in the settings section,there is no sound when selecting Cap lock, Num Lock, or Scroll Lock,

is there another adjustment anywhere?I am running the latest version of Windows 10 (1803).

TerenceSutton, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Willabong Win User
    No caps lock sound

As an alternative you can try: Overview CapsLock Indicator

This is a free Caps Lock indicator that shows the state of Caps/Num/Scroll in the system tray, and it also pops up a small label on your desktop for a second or two to show on or off. Sorry but none of the free caps loch utilities play a sound?

Willabong, Feb 12, 2021
  4. dangnad2 Win User

Disappearing Caps & Num Lock Sound.

No caps lock sound

Windows 10 Dell xps13

Please read: In Settings>Ease of Access>Keyboard>Toggle Keys>"Hear a tone when you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock" it is *RolleyesON*Shock

I have had Caps Lock play a sound since day one of this laptop. It did work for awhile but it stopped and has never worked since.

How can I get this feature to work again.

dangnad2, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Disappearing Caps & Num Lock Sound.

1. Disappearing Caps & Num Lock Sound. - Similar Threads - Disappearing Caps Num

2. Num Lock and Caps Lock indicator backward

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Num Lock and Caps Lock indicator backward: Hi there! My Num Lock and Caps Lock keys have the indicator backwards - the light is on when they are not active I can type in sentence case and use the number pad and the light is off when I can't use the numbers or am typing in all caps. I've restarted a few times and...
  3. Num Lock and Caps Lock indicator backward

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Num Lock and Caps Lock indicator backward: Hi there! My Num Lock and Caps Lock keys have the indicator backwards - the light is on when they are not active I can type in sentence case and use the number pad and the light is off when I can't use the numbers or am typing in all caps. I've restarted a few times and...
  4. Caps lock and num lock on screen notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Caps lock and num lock on screen notification: HelloI recently bought a Gigabyte G5 specifically for gaming but am unable to use it because every time I hit the caps or nums lock key a pop up minimized the game to tell me they are on. I have hunted down every way I can through google but the settings doesn't seem to have...
  5. Caps lock and num lock on screen notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock and num lock on screen notification: HelloI recently bought a Gigabyte G5 specifically for gaming but am unable to use it because every time I hit the caps or nums lock key a pop up minimized the game to tell me they are on. I have hunted down every way I can through google but the settings doesn't seem to have...
  6. caps lock num lock indicators disappear

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    caps lock num lock indicators disappear: Hi,My laptop’s native cap locks num lock indicators won’t show any more.I tried almost all sorts of fixes that I’ve found online, yet of no avail.When I reset Windows 10, they come back but stop functioning right after some of the updates are done.Any ideas ?...
  7. Disappearing Caps & Num Lock Sound.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disappearing Caps & Num Lock Sound.: Greetings, My laptop is the Asus TUF FA506IU-AL130T. It has a strange problem in that when I plug in and then unplug headpnones, the Caps Lock and Num Lock keys sound stops working. It has been like that since new. A couple of months after I bought it, the Motherboard was...
  8. Caps lock sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caps lock sound: I am playing minecraft and when i press caps lock and 2 other keys, it makes a beep. i have disabled sticky keys, toggle keys and all of those options. i cant find anyone with this problem. this is a new laptop and all the drivers and everything is updated. i cant find any...
  9. An issue with num lock and caps lock.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    An issue with num lock and caps lock.: I think this is the right place to putt this, but whenever I press caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock, it shows the icon on the screen. I've had this computer (Acer Nitro 5) for a year, and it's always done it. When I play a game and a button is mapped to caps lock, it gets...
  10. No caps lock sound

in Windows 10 Support
    No caps lock sound: Windows 10 Dell xps13 Please read: In Settings>Ease of Access>Keyboard>Toggle Keys>"Hear a tone when you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock" it is *RolleyesON*Shock I have had Caps Lock play a sound since day one of this laptop. It did work for awhile but it...