Windows 10: Disappearing/Deleting files. So much data lost

Discus and support Disappearing/Deleting files. So much data lost in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been stressing out trying to solve a new issue thats just arised today. I have a laptop thats only about 3 months old, running windows 10 1909... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by graveflower, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Disappearing/Deleting files. So much data lost

I have been stressing out trying to solve a new issue thats just arised today. I have a laptop thats only about 3 months old, running windows 10 1909 and when I turned it on today I saw my downloads folder is empty. I tried to download another file which it did successfully but within 3 seconds it disappears from the downloads folder.

Its not windows update, I have that disabled and blocked.
    Its not automatic maintenance, I have that disabled
    Its not storage spaces, I have that disabled
    Its not disk clean up, I didn't run it.
    I disabled windows defender and firewall, didn't help.
    Uninstalled norton AV that was bundled with my laptop, didn't help
    Checked event logs and couldn't find anything useful.
    Scoured the forums and found nothing useful.

I can download to another location and it appears to be ok, but its a school laptop and I'm scared to continue using it and losing my course material and assignments.

:)

graveflower, Oct 16, 2020
  2. Melvis Win User

How to recover files off a HDD from a deleted partition? help!!!

Thanks for your reply. I used my m8s program and it worked like a dream, recovered all the files and also deleted ones from yrs back, was amazed how well it did. Next step is i will use that Partition Table Doctor to recover the deleted partition. Thanks for the link *Toast :toast:

Melvis, Oct 16, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Disappearing/Deleting files. So much data lost

Lost data files

Hi.

After the Windows 1809 update, many people have lost their files. I suggest reverting the update if you desire.

To get the files back, use a program called Recuva:
    https://www.****/recuva

This program is endorsed by many other experts and advisors to get your data back that 1809 deleted.

Please keep me updated on the situation

Zackary Vanosdol, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Disappearing/Deleting files. So much data lost

1. Disappearing/Deleting files. So much data lost - Similar Threads - Disappearing Deleting files

2. i made a file that takes so much time to delete/cant delete even its 5mb.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i made a file that takes so much time to delete/cant delete even its 5mb.: so recently i turned a music reverse with ogg format but now i cant delete those file and now i got 16 of them in my desktop, can be copied but cant be deleted. what should i do? am i stuck? yes, i used del command but didnt work either. i have file but i cant upload, i felt...
  3. i made a file that takes so much time to delete/cant delete even its 5mb.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i made a file that takes so much time to delete/cant delete even its 5mb.: so recently i turned a music reverse with ogg format but now i cant delete those file and now i got 16 of them in my desktop, can be copied but cant be deleted. what should i do? am i stuck? yes, i used del command but didnt work either. i have file but i cant upload, i felt...
  4. i made a file that takes so much time to delete/cant delete even its 5mb.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. system files taking so much space

system files taking so much space: so my ssd is 128GB and it was only like 7GB full at first, then i download a game which is 67GB i have over 110GB free and then system files just takes up like 52GB therfore i cant even finish installing th last 10% of the game, anyone know a fix or the reason for this?thanks...
  6. Service host: local system using so much data

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service host: local system using so much data: Hello, i have only a 2gb of data for my online class but service host local system is using so much data that i am not able to be in my online class. What should ido...
  7. My windows 10 laptop is using so much data

My windows 10 laptop is using so much data: My windows 10 system is using so much high data. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-laptop-is-using-so-much-data/b25e968d-ac28-4821-86c9-a8ab60e9c966
  8. Lost data file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost data file: I switched to Edge from Chrome and restarted the computer. I lost a data file somewhere during this time. I have searched my computer and cannot find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-data-file/8fe31425-a5a1-40a4-96d8-5be8505c71b3
  9. Lost data files

Lost data files: I am trying to use Turbo Tax. Attempted to copy tax file from pc to thumb drive and cd to use on Mac. However software failed to work on Mac. So started Turbo Tax on pc and it can’t find last years return data. My question is, by using send to instead of copy, have I...
  10. Lost Deleted files.

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost Deleted files.: Hello All, I just deleted some files from a thumbdrive while viewing them in the file cabinet ( Or This PC if you prefer) and I'm trying to recover them. I'm not seeing them in the recycling bin. Is there a reason for this ? Thank you, Oscar. 150290