Windows 10: Disappearing files during rename

Discus and support Disappearing files during rename in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have scanned a lot of newspaper clippings to OneDrive using the Office Lens app on my Android phone very useful app!. I then started the process of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vostro3500, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Disappearing files during rename

I have scanned a lot of newspaper clippings to OneDrive using the Office Lens app on my Android phone very useful app!. I then started the process of renaming all the files on my PC. I did this by bring up the image full screen on the laptop, clicking the ... top right and selecting file information. I then overtype the file name. Usually this works but several times now this has gone wrong. The new file name is suddenly attached to the NEXT image and the original file COMPLETELY disappears - not being there under its old or new name or anything else. It is not in the recycle bin, either.

How on earth can such a thing happen? Surely this threatens the integrity of the system?

:)

Vostro3500, Mar 29, 2021
  2. Macaw! Win User

Renaming a file in search fails

Renaming a file in search fails, but only in documents, it works elsewhere! If I go to documents, perform a search, then rename one of the files that are displayed, the file disappears from the list and is not renamed. But it renames ok if I search in
    another folder.

Macaw!, Mar 29, 2021
  3. File disappeared after renaming..

Hi Arturo,

To troubleshoot your issue if the file or folder disappear you need to refresh your desktop. You can do one of the following, if changes are made to the default UAC setting:

1. Keep C:\Users\Public\Desktop folder window opened on the user's desktop while doing rename operation.

2. Press F5 on user's desktop when this problem happens.

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Mar 29, 2021
  4. amd5750m Win User

Disappearing files during rename

rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

amd5750m, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

Disappearing files during rename

1. Disappearing files during rename - Similar Threads - Disappearing files during

2. File Renaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Renaming: Is there a way to change the automatic 1 at the end each each file with the same name? My company would like me to rename files for them. I need to name pictures the same name at the same time. I know that I can batch rename them but it always ends with a 1, 2, 3 etc... I...
  3. File Renaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Renaming: Is there a way to change the automatic 1 at the end each each file with the same name? My company would like me to rename files for them. I need to name pictures the same name at the same time. I know that I can batch rename them but it always ends with a 1, 2, 3 etc... I...
  4. File renaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File renaming: when i try to change a movie file name in windows 11 it plays video. When I right click to rename https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-renaming/a20da827-42c9-49eb-b5af-85946e1f9808
  5. Renaming a User file made it disappear

Renaming a User file made it disappear: Hi, I've always only had 1 user on my PC, and it has always had the incorrect name, so i thought id finally change it, i Signed into another account called Administrator, when i went to C:\Users to change the name of my user, the file disappeared and can no longer sign into...
  6. Renaming a file

Renaming a file: Hello! When I try to rename a file, changing only a single letter to a capital and pressing enter, it stays the same. For example I want to rename a file called "data" to "Data". The change won't show unless I press F2 again to rename it. Then it shows as capital but under...
  7. Hi, I have problems losing files during renamed the file

Hi, I have problems losing files during renamed the file: I have problems losing files. when i rename the file, i press the ctrl / shift button i'm not sure and i can't open it .. what should i do...
  8. Renaming files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Renaming files: I am looking for a program or application that I can use to rename a large number of files in batch mode. I have 5 folders, each containing about 800 .tif files. The file names consist of a few letters followed by a 3 digit number. I need to combine them all into one folder...
  9. Renaming a file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Renaming a file: Just had a "bios" update on HP computer and now I cannot rename a file without getting the message " Don't have permission to save in this locatin. Contact the administrator to obtain permission. I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR AND ONLY USER! How is this fixed … please?...
  10. Desktop disappears/reappears; no renaming

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop disappears/reappears; no renaming: Running Windows 10, with the latest update. Latest nVidia card update installed. When I click on the desktop, after a couple of seconds it all disappears, replaced by the background color. See that for about a second, then the desktop reappears. If I try to open a folder or...