Windows 10: Disappearing folders Windows 10

Discus and support Disappearing folders Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My work folders have disappeared on windows 10 on my Toshiba Laptop. I have looked in all my other files to see if I accidentally misplaced them there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ZebraGurl, Jun 19, 2021.

1. ZebraGurl Win User

Disappearing folders Windows 10

My work folders have disappeared on windows 10 on my Toshiba Laptop. I have looked in all my other files to see if I accidentally misplaced them there is actually one huge folder that is missing. I looked in the trash. Also, most of my Icons on the desktop have disappeared, including ones that have nothing to do with the missing work folder. Can somebody help, please? I have tried several things I saw online, but am not savvy enough to do the really hardcore stuff.

:)

ZebraGurl, Jun 19, 2021
  2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

Disappearing folders Windows 10 upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Jun 19, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 19, 2021
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. Disappearing folders Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Disappearing folders

2. Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously: Hi there,I'm using Windows 10 in a work domain, and I have a few folder shortcuts on my desktop. Some of them are shortcuts to folders on my C drive and some are shortcuts to network folders. I've noticed that the normal blue arrow badge that indicates a folder is a shortcut...
  3. Folder Disappeared on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Disappeared on Desktop: Hello,I was putting some files into a folder on my desktop. Then, when I wanted to open that folder on desktop, it disappeared. I've tried to add a new file to another folder that I have created using an app and I got an error message, which I can't remember what that was at...
  4. Folder Disappeared on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder Disappeared on Desktop: Hello,I was putting some files into a folder on my desktop. Then, when I wanted to open that folder on desktop, it disappeared. I've tried to add a new file to another folder that I have created using an app and I got an error message, which I can't remember what that was at...
  5. help, all my photos have disappeared, folder empty!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help, all my photos have disappeared, folder empty!!: I really need help and i dont know what to doi recently needed to update to windows 11 so i moved all of my filed to an external hard drive including my camera roll folder to free up space for my laptop to update, i even reset the entire laptop afterafter it updated i plugged...
  6. help, all my photos have disappeared, folder empty!!

help, all my photos have disappeared, folder empty!!: I really need help and i dont know what to doi recently needed to update to windows 11 so i moved all of my filed to an external hard drive including my camera roll folder to free up space for my laptop to update, i even reset the entire laptop afterafter it updated i plugged...
  7. Can the Program Files folder disappear and how do i find it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can the Program Files folder disappear and how do i find it?: I've been looking for the folder Program Files so that I can install some plugins for a software I'm using but I can't find the folder and I know I haven't deleted it I'm not sure I can either. I've used the searchbar, looked through all my folders where i should be, but no...
  8. Can the Program Files folder disappear and how do i find it?

Can the Program Files folder disappear and how do i find it?: I've been looking for the folder Program Files so that I can install some plugins for a software I'm using but I can't find the folder and I know I haven't deleted it I'm not sure I can either. I've used the searchbar, looked through all my folders where i should be, but no...
  9. Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously: Hi there,I'm using Windows 10 in a work domain, and I have a few folder shortcuts on my desktop. Some of them are shortcuts to folders on my C drive and some are shortcuts to network folders. I've noticed that the normal blue arrow badge that indicates a folder is a shortcut...
  10. Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously