Windows 10: Disappearing OS

Discus and support Disappearing OS in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Lenovo desktop which a little while ago crashed and on boot up I could only get the message "OS not found". I was wondering if anybody has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Deneilten, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Deneilten Win User

Disappearing OS

Hi, I have a Lenovo desktop which a little while ago crashed and on boot up I could only get the message "OS not found". I was wondering if anybody has come across this before and if there is a way to re-activate the OS.
    Thankyou for taking the time to read this, I look forward to your feedback.

:)

Deneilten, Jul 26, 2019
  2. DrPepper Win User

Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Jul 26, 2019
  3. Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Disappearing OS

Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

Dude this was a year ago

Forbidden Duck, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

Disappearing OS

1. Disappearing OS - Similar Threads - Disappearing

2. My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...: I’ve had issues with my drivers and was looking for ways to fix it. I tried disabling all launch programs and when I restarted my pc it was basically useless. I’ve reactivated all launch programs and nothing changed my pc literally cannot connect to the internet for now....
  3. My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...: I’ve had issues with my drivers and was looking for ways to fix it. I tried disabling all launch programs and when I restarted my pc it was basically useless. I’ve reactivated all launch programs and nothing changed my pc literally cannot connect to the internet for now....
  4. Constant appearing and disappearing port error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant appearing and disappearing port error message: I started getting annoying notification popping up over and over again on my computer yesterday. It said something about a USB device not being recognized but there was nothing plugged in so I just turned off the notifications. Now, I just hear this constant notification...
  5. Constant appearing and disappearing port error message

Constant appearing and disappearing port error message: I started getting annoying notification popping up over and over again on my computer yesterday. It said something about a USB device not being recognized but there was nothing plugged in so I just turned off the notifications. Now, I just hear this constant notification...
  6. Samsung 970 EVO SSD suddenly disappears from Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung 970 EVO SSD suddenly disappears from Windows.: Specs:OS: Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3447CPU: Core i5-8250USSD: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe PCIe 500gb SSDHDD: Seagate ST1000LM035-1RK172After downloading some files onto the SSD, the entire disk disappeared from Windows completely. Event viewer showed Reset to device,...
  7. Samsung 970 EVO SSD suddenly disappears from Windows.

Samsung 970 EVO SSD suddenly disappears from Windows.: Specs:OS: Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3447CPU: Core i5-8250USSD: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe PCIe 500gb SSDHDD: Seagate ST1000LM035-1RK172After downloading some files onto the SSD, the entire disk disappeared from Windows completely. Event viewer showed Reset to device,...
  8. Camera Driver Disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera Driver Disappearing: Hi,Having an issue with a colleague's camera on HP laptop, running Windows 10 Enterprise.Camera driver keeps consistently uninstalling itself, I can then manually download it and it will work for the user for a short period of time before then uninstalling itself again.Any...
  9. Camera Driver Disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera Driver Disappearing: Hi,Having an issue with a colleague's camera on HP laptop, running Windows 10 Enterprise.Camera driver keeps consistently uninstalling itself, I can then manually download it and it will work for the user for a short period of time before then uninstalling itself again.Any...
  10. Camera Driver Disappearing